Cleaning Tips for RV's - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-04-2015, 10:57 PM   #41

Name: Gardnpondr
Trailer: 1985 BigFoot G
Mississippi
LOVE this thread! Thanx for sharing.
Gardnpondr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 11:33 PM   #42

Trailer: 2005 16 ft Scamp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Branch View Post
For mold and mildew I use straight vineagar (I also use at home in the shower track) Vineagar kills the fungus that causes mold. Then you can bleach it if need be. Bleach will remove the color of mold but doesn't kill the spores so if warm and humid there is a rapid regrowth. Amonia also works for killing mold but it is toxic and must never be used with bleach.
When we returned from Alaska a couple years ago we used "Aesome all purpose cleaner" from the Dollar Tree store it cost $1.00 and was truely awsome for cleaning all the road gunk off the Scamp. Awsome also makes a carpet spot cleaner that works great.
Dotty & Terry
Awesome is Awesome! It is my go to cleaning product! I use it for everything except leather seats in my truck. All my walls, toilet, sink, refrigerator, everything! Love it! AND it is $1.00 a bottle and you can seriously dilute it and save even more money. I have seen it in some Walmarts also.
Monica M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 08:04 AM   #43

Name: Lyndsay
Trailer: 1975 Trillium 1300
Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colleen C View Post
After trying many different products, we came up with Scrubbing Bubbles Bathroom cleaner (aerosol can works best!) by SC Johnson. The product sprays on into the little crevases of the ensolite and with a terry towel, wipes clean.

Just finished cleaning the ensolite in my Trillium. Used scrubbing bubbles and it worked awesome! So clean now

Lilly The Trilly - 1975 Trillium 1300
PrettylilTrilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 06:35 PM   #44

Name: Tim
Trailer: Escape
Rhode Island
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franswa View Post
I'm genrally suspicious of one-off name brand cleaners....probably something real simple repackaged (and repriced) and given a catchy name....

this is something that I have had great success with with boats....once you've cleaned the FG with your favorite home "recipe" cleaning solution (mine is very hot water + Mr Clean + an amount of any kitchen scouring powder mixed in) any left over dirt, streaks and bugs can be removed using methyl hydrate

methyl hydrate is basically alcohol... it routinely gets repackaged as lock de-icer, gas line antifreeze, paint thinner and stove fuel (for non pressurized alcohol stoves)....and that just the ones I know of

if you have any of these products around you could give it a try on a test surface to see how you like it

packaged as just the chemical it is really cheap and that's good because you will use a generous amount of it....no other clean-up / rinsing required...exposed to the air alcohol evaporates

I have never found anything that works as well for removing the black streaks left over on FG (caused by rain/pollution) after of long winter of outside storage

Careful! Methanol is very poisonous and is absorbed through skin. Read the MSDS before using.

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
OneTim is offline   Reply With Quote