Compact Jr., Hunter Structures, Inc.? - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Old 10-08-2008, 10:20 PM   #29

Trailer: Compact Jr
Quote:
Welcome, Cliff, and sorry for the LONG delay on the Compact Jr. graphic. ...snip... snip...
Jen in Orcutt, CA
Jen,

Check out this thread! Someone got a head start in duplicating the Compact Jr. logo! Scott S. is working on a vector format. Yeahhhh!

Check the thread here.

Old 10-08-2008, 10:59 PM   #30

Name: Roger
Trailer: 2009 Trillium 1300 "Homelet"/2014 Subaru Outback "Rosie"
Washington
Registry
Talking

Quote:
Jen,

Check out this thread! Someone got a head start in duplicating the Compact Jr. logo! Scott S. is working on a vector format. Yeahhhh!

Check the thread here.
I received a "404 error" when I clicked on your link.

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 12:48 AM   #31

Try navigating to this section: Fiberglassrv>For Sale>Pay it Forward>

Find the topic: GONE - Compact II vinyl logo, Compact 2 upgrades

There are two posts, one with a Compact II logo attached, and another one with a Compact Jr. logo attached, by Steve S.
Old 10-12-2008, 10:08 AM   #32

Name: Tom
Trailer: 1980 Bigfoot 17 ft
Texas
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Tom Trostel Send a message via MSN to Tom Trostel
There has been lots of talk about Compact interiors. I think all Jr.s and IIs looked like this one when they were new.

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/rvs/872386471.html

Tom Trostel
Old 10-12-2008, 02:10 PM   #33

Trailer: Hunter Compact II
Quote:
There has been lots of talk about Compact interiors. I think all Jr.s and IIs looked like this one when they were new.

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/rvs/872386471.html

Tom Trostel
That is the first time I've seen a window in the kitchen area. Maybe another modification is in my future?
Old 10-12-2008, 03:27 PM   #34

Trailer: Casita 16 ft Spirit Deluxe
Quote:
The side logos were black paint on 14" X 5" white plastic plates. The lettering was raised. These were attached with small screws at the corners. Mine have cracks around several of the screws. I think many have fallen off and been lost. The door logo must have been only paint and mine was not there. I think the side stripes were tape.

http://s293.photobucket.com/albums/mm41/to...mview=slideshow

Tom Trostel
I got to see Tom's camper at PineKnot in Tyler this year. It was wonderfully done. A great combination of restoration and upgrades. He has kept the feel of the 70's but has added touches that make it very up-to-date for conveniences. His addition of a window ac which is covered for travel was really neat. A really, really nice camper.

Veda
Old 10-13-2008, 09:23 AM   #35

Trailer: 1972 Compact Jr
When I was researching Compact Juniors there was info about a trailer that was "mint", and had been in the same family. It was a 1972. It did not have the "quilting" on the interior walls. Mine does nor have any interior quilting and no evidence that it ever had. It would be interesting to determine when this might have been addition as I understand early Bolers did not have ensolite.
Old 10-13-2008, 09:48 AM   #36

Quote:
When I was researching Compact Juniors there was info about a trailer that was "mint", and had been in the same family. It was a 1972. It did not have the "quilting" on the interior walls. Mine does nor have any interior quilting and no evidence that it ever had. It would be interesting to determine when this might have been addition as I understand early Bolers did not have ensolite.
My sister's Compact Jr. has no quilting nor any sign that it ever had any. It's a shame, too; she could use the insulation.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:26 AM   #37

Name: Larry
Trailer: 1983 13 ft Scamp
Washington
Send a message via MSN to Larry&Carrie
Talking

Quote:
My sister's Compact Jr. has no quilting nor any sign that it ever had any. It's a shame, too; she could use the insulation.
The CJ project I have (and never ending project, I might add) has no evidence of anything either... It's going out on it's first "rental" this weekend. My friend Mike and his two sons on a hunting trip. It would not surprise me if that the following week insulation, padding, rug, upholstry, or something will be discussed......... "cause the next trip will be high in the Cascade Mountains for Elk in early NOV. Maybe I should go into business and make patterns.... Larry
Old 10-15-2008, 06:28 PM   #38

Trailer: Trillium 4500 1978
Anyone care to make a comment upon the differences between the Compact-jr and the Compact II or other near copies of the Compact brand? Are the different length raised tops of any importance to interior comfort (space)? Is one structure stronger than the other? Is the fiberglass shell shape (lower section) different between the two? Other items of importance? --Dan--
Old 10-15-2008, 07:23 PM   #39

Name: Tom
Trailer: 1980 Bigfoot 17 ft
Texas
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Tom Trostel Send a message via MSN to Tom Trostel
The Compact Jr and II have many more similarities than differences. They are both the same size though none of the body panels are identical. The raised roof section on a Jr is almost full length, but the forward 40" is above the table (or bed). Unless you plan to not use the table, this feature is of no use. The Jr has benches on two sides of the table. The II has U-shaped seating around the table. The kitchen and storage area of the Jr is slightly smaller than the II. This does give the Jr a slightly larger bed. Some IIs came with a small toilet closet. IIs seem to have been sold with more options (water heaters, furnaces, etc). I know of no difference in structure strength. I'm sure I've left out something; so I hope others will chime in.

I've never seen a Trails West Campster in person, so I won't comment about it. The Havasu has a fixed raised center portion of its roof but is very similar to a Compact Jr in floor plan.

Tom Trostel
Old 01-04-2010, 11:53 PM   #40

Name: Dana
Trailer: 1973 Compact Jr
California
Quote:
The Compact Jr and II have many more similarities than differences. They are both the same size though none of the body panels are identical. The raised roof section on a Jr is almost full length, but the forward 40" is above the table (or bed). Unless you plan to not use the table, this feature is of no use....
While it might seem raising the front 40" of the top is of no use, we really enjoy the fact that it does rise on our Compact Jr. It is nice to have the extra light, airflow, and window space on a pleasant day -- so nice to look out and see the trees and birds. And it is especially nice on a hot day to have the extra ventilation.

When we went to the Lake Casitas rally we were parked near Joe Domingos and his Compact II. We got to experience the difference firsthand, and we prefer having the whole length lift up instead of just the rearmost 2/3.
Old 01-06-2010, 10:35 AM   #41

Trailer: Boler
Pictures of different Compact style trailers.

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/board/index.ph...ic=37619&hl
Old 07-30-2010, 12:47 PM   #42

Name: debby
California
Registry
Our Compact Jr. has two molded plastic plaques that were pop riveted to each side, in addition to the decal on the badly damaged rear door.