"Compact Jr" trailers - any good? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-30-2002, 06:40 AM   #21

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
If I lived in the arctic like montanasuzy or Nancy D, I think I'd pop for a heater. Even one of the little portable propane units should take the chill off. If you've properly built your snow cave you should be comfortable. :laugh

Be sure to vent your trailer when using any unvented heater including your stove.

Legacy Posts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2002, 07:59 AM   #22

over the stove

Nancy,
How about a cast iron pot in place of the flower pot? They hold heat well. OR one of those coleman ovens turned really low and something to protect the upper cabinet bottom from the heat? OR well that's all I can think of for now.

and you would be well fed at the same time. :wave

Old 10-30-2002, 08:45 AM   #23

Heating a trailer

Hi Morgan
Our Trillium had a furnace in it when we got it. The pilot light wouldn't stay lit and after cleaning over a cup of rust out of it we decided it probably wasn't safe, probably wouldn't use it, and took it out. Now we are regretting that and wishing we'ed left it alone. :weep We still have everything so sometime in the future will have it looked at and re-installed if its found to be safe.

We've tried the propane catalytic heaters but the bit of odour they give off is enough to start the allergies. Funny that the stove doesn't.

Hi Janifer
A cast iron pot is a GREAT idea :cblob and we just happen to have a big old cast iron kettle from the days when we had a woodstove. Should work well. Thanks :hap2
Nancy

Old 07-22-2015, 09:45 AM   #24

Name: Eric
Trailer: Doing my research to buy in 2016
California
Wondering

Have you taken the trailer out? I just found one not two blocks from
me that could be a good project if it's worth it. It looks identical to your imagery but I don't want to go poking around until I make an offer on it. Being that postings on these are limited have you found any warning signs or things to look for?
Eric Napadirtworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 10:09 AM   #25

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
That's a 13 year old post you are tagging onto. Why don't you just start a new thread with the same question.

BTW: It's about the same with the Hunters as all other FGRV's Condition, condition and condition.

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 10:49 AM   #26

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Biggest issue with Hunters, Eric, is that they were only designed to sleep two. Don't you have four? The bed is a nice-sized 70"x72". Maybe you could rig up bunks somehow?? Headroom might be a problem.

They have the advantage of lighter weight than many 13'ers and a lower towing profile (matters a lot at highway speeds). That would make it a good fit for your Element.

Agree with Bob- condition is more important that manufacturer or age. There is a "Buyer's Checklist" in the Document Center. Access it on the website from the "More" tab at the top under your log-in information. It will help you know what to look for in a used trailer.
Jon in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote