Continuing prep, a couple more questions - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-18-2013, 12:55 PM   #1

Name: Paul
Trailer: '07 Scamp 16' SD
Wisconsin
Continuing prep, a couple more questions

Well, we've been showering in our scamp all week while our bathroom is redone and I have a couple more questions.

1: how do you guys know when your grey water tank is full? Ours seems to be dripping from near the dump outlet, and I'm wondering if it's just be because he thing is near full.

2: we noticed a drip earlier in the the week and it appears to be coming from a small screw on the bottom of the shower trap. Is this a typical place for a leak?

3: another leak was found that appears to be from around where the land/sea attaches to the fiberglass. Is this something I should just pull the toilet and put some butyl tape around that area? The water emerges from the hole on the wood where the black water pipe comes through the wood.

Getting to know our little scamp has been a lot of fun so far, but I gotta admit it's more work than a tent.

I'm attaching a pic of the shower trap for reference.

Thanks for the help once again

Paul
Attached Thumbnails
image-3836947991.jpg  
glennco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 09:45 PM   #2

Name: Paul
Trailer: '07 Scamp 16' SD
Wisconsin
Any ideas on my questions?

Thanks,

Paul
glennco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 06:03 AM   #3

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
I'll take a stab at question one: I know the gray water tank is full in my Scamp when water starts backing up in the shower.

Dripping... Perhaps the blade in the valve either has some gunk that prevents it from fully closing OR it needs a new seal. That's simple enough to change. There are four screws holding the blade assembly to the pipe. Remove those and you'll see a large seal. Replacement seals are available at nearly any RV parts source.

Hope this helps
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote