Corrosion under battery box on Scamp 16 - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-26-2017, 12:06 PM   #41

Name: Sergey
Trailer: 2014 Scamp 16 layout 4, 2018 Winnebago Revel 4x4
SW Florida
Drain holes will not hurt. 3-4 inches longer battery box indicates universal box which can fit group 24, 27, 29 or 31 battery. I replaced bolts and nuts with stainless steel ones, the original ones were heavy rusted just after 2 or 3 years.
Old 07-26-2017, 12:15 PM   #42

Name: Steve
Trailer: Scamp 13
California
I personally use Walmart's Deep cycle in my Scamp. Its been there for just over 4 years now and still going strong but I am not the typical user. My battery is on the charge wizard 24-7 at home and when actually out camping it is on solar the whole time. I don't have allot of battery demand that isn't fully recharged a couple of hours after the sun is up. Hardest use is winter in Quartzsite when I run the heater all night and part of the evening. Voltage has never been below 12.3 volts when discharged. All of my 12 volts lights are L.E.D and the only other consumption is a DVD player for at least 4 hours every night. I can't complain the battery is cheapest out there, didn't need the warranty. Probably will replace it next year or so and go for another 5 years and still cheaper than a high end battery that I doubt would last 10 years. You roll your dice and you take your chances.
stevebaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 10:44 AM   #43

Name: Judy
Trailer: 13' Scamp "La Cucaracha"
Texas
Battery "conditioner"

So, I spoke with Scamp about the battery / electrical system in my Scamp. I got the info I needed, but he also recommended a "battery conditioner" if I'm getting a new battery.

QUESTIONS:
Do you use a battery conditioner?
Is the one below a good one?
Product: CTEK (56-864) MUS 4.3 12 Volt Fully Automatic 8 Step Battery Charger

(It's on Amazon for $65 ~ 8-step recharge.)

http://ow.ly/P7cJ30dXJhJ

Thanks to all. / Judy

Tags
battery, scamp