Cover for 13' Scamp - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 09-17-2013, 12:37 PM   #15

Name: Harry
Trailer: 7/24/13...ordered a 2014 13 ft Scamp w/Shower/Toilet
Alabama
Floyd, as you know, I have ordered a 13 foot Scamp which will be delivered next month. How has that cover worked out for you? I will have the AC unit and TV antenna as well...just checking my options before I order one. I will be storing it outside. Thanks H

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
I read this today at about 3pm and ordered it right away. within an hour it had a UPS tracking number and it is scheduled to be delivered on Friday!
The price looks right and the description seems quality.
I will report further upon receipt.
Thanks for the connection!

Old 09-17-2013, 12:41 PM   #16

Alabama
Hi Tom...well, after a year plus...how is the cover holding up? I need to order one for my 13 ft Scamp...thanks H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas G. View Post
I thought the eBay cover was a pretty good value. I've only had mine for 3 months, but if you do a search, others have had it for longer.

Deluxe Scamp 13' travel trailer Camper Cover | eBay

Old 09-17-2013, 09:39 PM   #17

Name: John
Trailer: 13' 2012 Scamp
Wisconsin
Well - advance another year and mine is falling apart. The entire inner side is peeling/disintegrating and I live in Wisconsin - not even prime UV baking like the Southwest. Rips really easily also - I left a window cracked just a little and when removing the cover, it snagged the edge and tore a good 10" hole in the cover before I even realized it was hung up on something.

The 13' Scamp has turned into a great trailer so I think this next season I'll be moving to a Calmark and have one for the remaining time I own the trailer - be it 5 years or 20. Sunbrella fabric is amazing stuff - I had an old '76 sailboat and the sail cover was still going strong.
Old 09-17-2013, 09:56 PM   #18

Name: Lil
Trailer: '84 13' Scamp & '14 homebuilt Benroy Teardrop
Minnesota
Registry
My cover did well the last two winters. This past one, I had to get out with the push broom to remove the late season megadumps of snow we received here in Minnesota to prevent any cave-ins. I also parked the Scamp in my paved driveway (since my garage is full of stuff so I can't park the car in it ) and the mice didn't wreak any havoc on the straps that go underneath. I put fabric softener sheets throughout and a container of Damp Rid to take care of any excess moisture that might accumulate.
I've had no problems with fabric deterioration, and there doesn't appear to be any damage from the cover rubbing on the fiberglass. I'll probably give LilScamper another coat of Red Maxx though before winter sets in since it's been sitting outside all summer. Then the cover will do its job this next winter. I'm still happy with my purchase.
Old 09-18-2013, 07:04 AM   #19

Name: Kinga DeRode
Trailer: For Sale Or Rent
Rooms to Let 50 Cents
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hman66 View Post
Hi Tom...well, after a year plus...how is the cover holding up? I need to order one for my 13 ft Scamp...thanks H
My eBay special is still like new. I did one mod which was to sew a snapping buckle across the bottom of the zipper. It came with a Velcro strap, but I sort of wore out the Velcro by frequently entering the camper through the zippered opening. If you don't go in and out, the Velcro would be fine.
Old 09-18-2013, 10:11 AM   #20

Alabama
Hey Tom...what is the make/company of your cover. It appears there may be some different ones now.
Old 09-18-2013, 11:30 AM   #21

Rooms to Let 50 Cents
Quote:
Hey Tom...what is the make/company of your cover. It appears there may be some different ones now.
I bought it from elitemotoronline.
Old 09-19-2013, 10:27 PM   #22

Alabama
Thanks Tom for responding!
Old 09-19-2013, 11:48 PM   #23

Name: Linda
Trailer: '77 Scamp
California
Registry
I have the same make as Tom and my experience is the same too. I'm in No. California and have pretty intense sun, quite a bit of winter rain, but no snow. Its held up well for the year I've had it. I don't use the zippered opening as much as Tom so don't need to replace the velcro. I give it a positive rating. It won't last as long as the sunbrella product, but for the money, I'm happy with it.
Old 09-20-2013, 07:26 AM   #24

Rooms to Let 50 Cents
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otters View Post
...... I don't use the zippered opening as much as Tom so don't need to replace the Velcro...........
Yea, I was doing some projects inside when the weather was bad, so I clearly overused the Velcro. Under normal use, I'm sure that the Velcro is more than adequate. Just as a note, my version doesn't have the vent flap shown in other's photos, but it seems to breathe enough to avoid mildew growth while stored in a relatively humid climate.
Old 09-20-2013, 10:33 AM   #25

Alabama
I went to their site and they only make one for a 16 ft now. I'll see if I can find a quality one for my 13 ft near this price. I expect my climate to be similar to yours Linda, I hope the sunbrella one is not my only alternative!
Old 09-25-2013, 06:26 AM   #26

Rooms to Let 50 Cents
Quote:
I went to their site and they only make one for a 16 ft now. I'll see if I can find a quality one for my 13 ft near this price. I expect my climate to be similar to yours Linda, I hope the sunbrella one is not my only alternative!
I see a 16 foot cover listed : Deluxe Scamp 16' Travel Trailer camper Cover | eBay
Old 09-25-2013, 07:47 AM   #27

Alabama
That's right but I need a 13 foot cover.
Old 09-25-2013, 07:49 AM   #28

Rooms to Let 50 Cents
Quote:
That's right but I need a 13 foot cover.
This? Deluxe Scamp 13' Travel Trailer camper Cover w Zipper Door Access | eBay

Tags
scamp