Covering Trailers - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-08-2009, 02:23 PM   #21

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Norris Jeffrey,
I just found your 6 month old post about your carport. Looks good. I also need a 9' clearance.
Where did you buy yours?
Thanks in advance.
Mike
Michael W A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 04:59 PM   #22

Trailer: 1984 U-Haul 13 ft
Quote:
Did you get the one that's intended for the 8' to 10' horse trailer?
Yes. I thought it covered my gas bottle, but my son said no. It's a nice cover for the money, & comes with a storage bag.

Yes. I unrolled it & on the tag is P/N 08501 (8' - 10'). My son said that it didn't cover the gas bottle. Comes with a storage bag & it's nice for the money.

Paty
Patty S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 04:46 PM   #23

Trailer: 2007 Scamp 16 ft
Registry
What size Budge Van cover did your get? We have a 16' Scamp also and are looking for a cover - primarily for UV protection - we live in New Mexico.
Thanks,
Fran

Quote:
We cover our 16' Scamp with a Budge van cover for a whole lot less money. We just unhook the side by the door and lift the cover to access the interior...not quite as handy as the roll-up section, but it works for us. We live on the coast in Oregon and have had very good results.
Fran L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 06:26 AM   #24

Trailer: 16 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Quote:
What size Budge Van cover did your get? We have a 16' Scamp also and are looking for a cover - primarily for UV protection - we live in New Mexico.
Thanks,
Fran
I have a 16' Casita and used the Budge Van V2 Tyvek with great success.... held up for about eight years and going to try a cover giant to see what they are like but the budge tyvek V2 was very good to me. I encircled a few golf balls here and there for extra tie-downs
Joe

Click image for larger version

Name:	2.JPG
Views:	55
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	23831
Joe Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 06:48 AM   #25

Trailer: 1977 Surfside
Registry
Quote:
We cover our 16' Scamp with a Budge van cover for a whole lot less money. We just unhook the side by the door and lift the cover to access the interior...not quite as handy as the roll-up section, but it works for us. We live on the coast in Oregon and have had very good results.
What size did you get? And does it fit down the sides OK? Those prices are much better!
theresa shaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 06:51 PM   #26

Trailer: 2000 Burro 17 ft / 2001 Toyota Tundra V8 2wd
Registry
Quote:
What size did you get? And does it fit down the sides OK? Those prices are much better!
I'm interested in the Tyvek cover too and checked the website. V2 is the size in the description listed by Joe. Full size van up to 18' $94.99.
ThomasE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 12:01 AM   #27

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
I TOO am interested. The Calmark is EXPENSIVE!

Darral

Quote:
I'm interested in the Tyvek cover too and checked the website. V2 is the size in the description listed by Joe. Full size van up to 18' $94.99.
Darral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 06:03 AM   #28

Trailer: 16 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Quote:
on my 94 16' casita it reveals about a foot all around (with closet a/c) and completely covers the tongue up front and like another poster said we just lift the side and can easily get into the trailer.... You just need a few more tiedowns to hold it in place at the tire spokes,
rear bumper and front. Just want to try out the cover giant as it is on sale right now and it breathes ( tyvek doesn't but still enough air gets under it).... I was plenty happy with the budge V2 for my 16' but after eight years it's starting to break down on the joints (not the material)...... It also has Elastic all around the bottom.
Joe

Covergiant is having a sale right now

Covergiant for 16' Scamp
http://store.covergiant.com/ciixbndscamp1.html

Covergiant for 16' to 17' Casita
http://store.covergiant.com/ciixbdcasita.html

The covers below are of the Budge Tyvek V2 which is on all year round..... I didn't take the covergiant out of the box yet.

Name:	35.JPG
Views:	34
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	23881

Sure wish that garage in the background was mine LOL

Name:	1.JPG
Views:	28
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	23880
Joe Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 02:14 PM   #29

Trailer: 1978 Trillium 4500 Deluxe
Quote:
Hi,

I am fairly new here. I have been looking for a small Molded Fiberglass Trailer and am happily in the process of purchasing an older used 13' Scamp. I live on a dirt road where in the summer the dust is awful as other cars pass by. I am wondering how concerned I should be for my little Scamp? Will dust negatively affect it or is it easy to just wash it off once in awhile? My other option is to spend money on one of those portable garages (canvas over frame) and keep it in there. Or does someone make covers for them?
Thanks for any feedback and you all seem like a friendly group here. Glad I found you.

Dale
Hi Dale,
I seen a cover for a 13' Casita Patriot Camper Cover on EBAY that they say will work for any 13' fiberglass trailer. It is going "NEW" for $114.95 and $18 for shipping.
Item# is 31017167692.
Good Luck,
Dave
"The Trillium King"
Dave Baston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 07:42 AM   #30

Trailer: 2008 21 ft Bigfoot Rear Bed
Another way of protecting your trailer is to use a roof canopy; http://www.frankana.de/page.do?kgrpId=11448&page=2 The portable canopy lists 30 min. deployment time and is likely the fastest one. They are expensive and I am not sure about their availability in US.

George.

GeorgeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 12:23 PM   #31

Trailer: 1978 Trillium 4500 Deluxe
Quote:
Another way of protecting your trailer is to use a roof canopy; http://www.frankana.de/page.do?kgrpId=11448&page=2 The portable canopy lists 30 min. deployment time and is likely the fastest one. They are expensive and I am not sure about their availability in US.

George.
George,
Those are cool! But I think you are right on "EXPENSIVE"!!!!!
I like the find on Ebay for $114....NOW>>>THAT'S A DEAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dave,
"The Trillium King"
Dave Baston is offline   Reply With Quote