Custom Cover for Bigfoot 17CB advice request - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-04-2011, 12:55 AM   #1

Trailer: Bigfoot 17 ft
Registry
Custom Cover for Bigfoot 17CB advice request

I've got an 98 Bigfoot 17 Centre Bath(with A/C), and am looking to buy a cover for it. I have to leave Bigfoot outside in the elements here in the Pacific Northwest, and I've always just used the white tarp method of winter coverage. So now I'm figuring I'll invest in an RV cover, and find many of the Universal cover's are a <20' one size fits all, which I don't figure is much different than the tarp for my small trailer. So I'm thinking custom cover of some type may be the way to go. Unfortunately Bigfoot must be kept outside all year, I would just like to provide some protection in particular from being drenched all winter long.
If anyone has any suggestions/previous experience with this? best brand, etc. …..I can't imagine I'm the first to have a custom cover, especially for their Bigfoot. thanks
DwayneR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 03:51 AM   #2

Registry
wow…not even one response. Maybe I've posted in the wrong section? Perhaps someone who uses this forum a little more than myself could direct me to the correct section for this type of query. Maybe I've posted in the wrong forum altogether?
Old 11-09-2011, 06:14 AM   #3

Name: Dennis & Linda
Trailer: Leocraft 17ft fiberglass rv by Monarch Industries
Ontario
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by DwayneR View Post
wow…not even one response. Maybe I've posted in the wrong section? Perhaps someone who uses this forum a little more than myself could direct me to the correct section for this type of query. Maybe I've posted in the wrong forum altogether?
Hello Dwayne, my wife and know of a place in Cambridge Ont that makes rv covers for smaller units like 13ft Bolers and Trilliums. I talked to the owners earlier this year about making a custom cover for our 17ft Leocraft which is very close to your 17ft Bigfoot. We have friends here in Kitchener Ont that are thinking of getting a cover customized for their 17ft 1987 Bigfoot as well. I can find out for you if they are able to accomodate us all. If you,re interested let me know and I,ll inquire.
Dennis Schultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 08:23 AM   #4

Name: Mike
Trailer: 1993 Bigfoot 17 ftCB / 2023 RAV4 Trail
Ontario
I've been using an old style Calmark Cover (Read - woven polypro rather than Sunbrella), that they no longer sell, for a few Winters (3) with success in Ontario, 100M north of Toronto. It was a 'universal' for small trailers but is FAR to big for my Bigfoot 17CB. I bundle the excess in the front but it looks crummy and is a pain to put on, due to all the extra fabric.
My suggestion would to get a custom sized cover made with Sunbrella. The extra cost will be forgotten in a few years but the cover should last for a dozen and more. Local trucking tarp shops could make repairs and/or changes as needed at nominal cost.
I'll probably order a Calmark, or similar, in a few more years, when this one gets looking cruddier!
Mike
Michael Pupeza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 09:32 AM   #5

Name: kootenai girl
Trailer: 1976 Trillium 1300
British Columbia
I just got a 1 year old calmark cover on craigslist from someone who had sold their trailer. It was specifically for my Scamp 16 and I really like the fit and that you can unzip it by the doorway and go in and out of the trailer. Not sure how well it will hold up as I just got it.
kootenaigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 02:21 PM   #6

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Instead of an RV cover, you may want to look at horse trailer covers. Anything with "RV" in the title is going to cost more I know there are plenty of equestrians who are just as picky about their horse trailers as we are about our eggs, so you should be able to pickup a quality product.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 05:16 AM   #7

Registry
Went ahead and ordered an ADCO 32838 cover for my Bigfoot B17CB. I’ve just got to wait for some warmer weather to finish cleaning the outside of Bigfoot up, then we’ll go for the install. The 32838 cover is for rigs up to 15’ in length, and my Bigfoot measures up to less than 14’ from spare tire cover in the rear to the front excluding the propane tank cover so I’m hoping it fits pretty snug. Once installed, I'll post a pic.
Old 12-19-2013, 09:00 AM   #8

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Escape 19 and Escape 15B
Alberta
I have been using this cover for my 19'.

So far it works really well. I picked up the cover from RV Covers for $183 plus shipping. Delivery was about a week and the quality seems good with a 3yr warranty.

"You've got to be very careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there." - Yogi Berra
Ice-breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 08:03 PM   #9

Registry
That looks like a very nice cover, and the price isn’t bad too. Looks very similar to the ADCO. My ADCO cost about $50 more, fortunately Camping World did cover the shipping, but I had to pay the 8.5% Wa state sales tax for a total of about $265.

Tags
bigfoot