Differences between Scamp 16 and Burro's - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-27-2006, 03:13 PM   #1

Trailer: 75 Boler
I'm on a quest for a bigger Boler.....actually any fiberglass one that has a larger bed and one with a bath/shower.

Question: A 16 Scamp would have a bath but the same size bed as most 13 footers, right?
a Burro on the other hand makes a 17 which has both a larger width, length and bathroom. Is the only way to get a bigger bed is to go with these wider Burro's?

I appreciate all insight,

Thanks,

Dan
Dan Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 03:33 PM   #2

Trailer: Burro 17 ft Widebody
Registry
In case you do not have these measurements at hand, here they are for the Burro.
Rear mattress area:
85" across trailer, 55 1/2" lengthwise (width).

Bathroom:
40 1/2" wide
32" deep
72" tall

At 5' 10" I have no problem with any of this. Used units only.
Per Walthinsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 03:36 PM   #3

Trailer: TrailManor (Gone to the Darkside)
The answer kinda depends...

The Standard Casita 17'er bed is slightly wider than the standard Scamp bed (54 vs 48 inches as I recall, assuming a bed extension to fill the space at the front of the table).

The Casita Liberty beds of course are extremely wide.

The custom deluxe Scamp (wood interior) also has a wider bed (54").

Pretty sure they are all a little shorter than standard residential beds. Most max out at about 76". Which is why many with Casita Libertys say they sleep 'lengthwise' and not 'sideways'.

Course - if you're feeling adventurous - you can always get a beater and build it up into anything you'd like. That's my own personal preference.

mkw
Mike Watters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 05:10 PM   #4

Trailer: Y2K6 Bigfoot 25 ft (25B25RQ) & Y2K3 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Having had both the Burro 17 and now the Scamp 16' Custom Deluxe, at 6'5" tall, the Burro was a more comfortable sleep. I am OK with the Scamp, but the Burro was definately longer. The width wasn't a significant factor for me... there's only an inch or so difference in width between the two. The Scamp standard, however, is significantly smaller. The Burro bath is definately larger and more useable, however the Scamp shower does get the job done and doesn't sacrifice as much floor space.

Roger
Roger H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 06:03 PM   #5

Trailer: 80 HawaiiLo 16 ft
Quote:
I'm on a quest for a bigger Boler.....actually any fiberglass one that has a larger bed and one with a bath/shower.

Question: A 16 Scamp would have a bath but the same size bed as most 13 footers, right?
a Burro on the other hand makes a 17 which has both a larger width, length and bathroom. Is the only way to get a bigger bed is to go with these wider Burro's?

I appreciate all insight,

Thanks,

Dan

Hi Dan, Check RV Trader. Looks as if Dorn's RV in Redmond, OR has a 17 ft Burro for sale right now. Keith
Jayfor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
burro, scamp