Does Scamp ship to Canada? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 02-14-2013, 12:10 AM   #15

Name: Drew
Trailer: Trillium Outback - 2004
Alberta
Registry
Trillium is also in Calgary, the owner Joe is a nice guy, he's helped me with a number of things over the last couple of years. I've never needed anything shipped as I can just walk in, but he's often given me advice over the phone or by email. They do a lot of restores along with the new trailers.

Compact lightweight fiberglass Outback travel trailers Calgary | Trillium Trailers

Old 02-14-2013, 08:31 AM   #16

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by multi-task View Post
Trillium is also in Calgary, the owner Joe is a nice guy, he's helped me with a number of things over the last couple of years. I've never needed anything shipped as I can just walk in, but he's often given me advice over the phone or by email. They do a lot of restores along with the new trailers.

Compact lightweight fiberglass Outback travel trailers Calgary | Trillium Trailers
I'll second this re. Joe Thoen's helpfulness-

Way back in ought-six when I decided to put a pulldown awning on my Trillium, he went to great lengths to supply me with the tube/arms/hardware. Though awnings are ordinarily of course sold with the fabric, Miss Cheapskate here wanted to install that herself, thus saving a Bundle. Joe was most accommodating, supplying me with what I wanted at a fair price.

And he probably still remembers as do I the hoo-haw that he had to go through when U.S. Customs wouldn't let the tube across the border, sending it back and making him jump through some kind of homeland security hoops before he could ship it again.

I guess they must have thought it was a rocket launcher or something......

I hope he at least wound up breaking even on the deal!

Francesca

Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:15 PM   #17

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by desy View Post
2. Does anyone know of a source for the appropriate pop rivets and plastic washers and snap caps for a Boler that's either in the Lower Mainland or handy to order from (gravel shield hardware too, for that matter)?
Don, you will have no problem buying the rivets at Rona or Home Hardware or Home Depot. They also have the caps and washers should you decide to add them. You can pick up a Rivet Gun for not a lot of money from a place like KMS Tools in Coquitlam (by Ikea) - the one I got from them came with a lot of different sized rivets with it.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:44 PM   #18

Name: Don
Trailer: 1978 Boler 13'
British Columbia
Thanks very much for all the feedback folks, and helpful suggestions. Might be better to start a new thread with one of my earlier questions, but want to throw it out here again before I do:

Anyone familiar with using the Scamp gravel shield hardware for the front gravel shield on a Boler? Not seeing this particular part listed on any of the other parts suppliers suggested, and would really like to replace the hardware on our Boler before it rusts away completely and we lose the gravel shield.
Old 02-14-2013, 09:50 PM   #19

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
I purchased an "after market" gravel shield for my... at that time.. 20+ year old Scamp. I bought exactly what was described. The very best is to order THAT part when ordered new. That being said, the gravel guard that I bought is nothing more than a FLAT piece of fiberglass that "shapes" to the front window when under tow... due to wind pressure on the trailer.

I got what I paid for. And it works. Not perfect, but works. I wouldn't purchase Scamp's mild steel stuff again (it rusts), but a marine fix (stainless), which DELAYS rust problems (and costs a bunch more). YMMV

Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp