Door on *wrong* side of trailer -- fix possible? - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-30-2015, 01:30 PM   #41

Name: Ellpea
Trailer: 1989 Lil Bigfoot
CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty61 View Post
Why not lift the body from the frame and weld a new tongue to that end of the trailer and replace the old tongue with a bumper? Clearance issues aside, it should work.
Al, don't be ridiculous! Obviously the answer is to leave the body where it is, keep the old tongue AND weld on a new one. That way you can tow in either direction, in any country you please.

I'm really glad we had this discussion; it's only with many heads doing a lot of brainstorming that we can come up with a perfect solution like this one!
Old 08-31-2015, 02:28 PM   #42

Trailer: LittleGuy Classic Teardrop ('Baby Osmo') (Previously 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe)
I am envisioning a swing-tongue frame, which actually attaches to the axle on the OUTSIDE of the wheels. That way, the A-frame can be flipped over the roof, from one end to the other, depending on need. It would, of course, require a swivel coupler. This way, you could PULL into the campsite, putting the door on the desired side. Then, flip the A-frame the other way, hitch up, and PULL away.

I'm not actually an engineer, but I met one, once.
Mr. W. is offline   Reply With Quote