Dri Dek bathroom floor - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-01-2002, 01:46 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Dri Dek bathroom floor

Ok, so I ordered 4 square feet of Almond Dri Dek panels, to put on the trailer's bathroom floor ... and my wife, Pam, was happy ...

She was happy, until this weekend, when we stopped in at a West Marine Store in Chicago and she saw the blue Dri Dek tiles ... and now she wants blue.

So today, I did an internet search, and to my surprize, I found the manufacturers homepage ... and order system, featuring 12 new colors of Dri Dek tiles.

http://www.dri-dek.com/ordernow.asp

Talk about decisions! I'm sure my wife won't be happy until I get samples of all the colors (which I've ordered).

Now, the tiles are cheapest directly from the manufacturer ... but it appears there is a minimum order of 12 tiles ... I placed a phony order for 4 (the quanity needed to tile my trailer bath ... your's may differ) ... and the system didn't kick me out.

But I'm planning on putting them on the closet floor, the kitchen cabinet floor, the storage bin floors and the bathroom floors ... just in case ... so that all our "stuff" is safely up off the floor in case of a flood or a major leak. Also think it will help keep stuff from sliding around.

Now if I can just get Pam to pick a color. She couldn't decide when she only had 4 colors from which to pick. Now she has 12. (and the Dri Dek folks will even mix a custom color for you if you order a gazillion tiles.)

Legacy Posts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2002, 04:30 PM   #2

Dri-deck

We've had the Dri-deck on the bath floor for some time. It's one of our favorite mods, adds. We got one of the blues--as I recall, there were two blues in the West Marine master catalog. Goes well with the Casita blue.

On another site, someone mentioned purchasing another brand of boat plastic duckboard. They said it turned out to have bigger holes and was uncomfortable to bare feet. We like Dri-dek because it drains fast and you can walk into the shower area a little later and not get your feet wet. Also keeps scratches off the fiberglass floor.

Four squares does a Casita shower, about five bucks each plus shipping. West Marine's catalog has a lot of stuff that would work well in a trailer or RV.

Old 10-01-2002, 07:10 PM   #3

Dri Dek

Charles,
Could you use some of the extras for the front porch? or maybe you will have to order 24. :reye2

Old 10-02-2002, 01:50 PM   #4

Hi Jan

Hi Jan! Maybe not my front porch :laugh ... but I'll be honest, I did give some thought about buying that 3 foot x 12 foot strip ... to use as a roll out patio for the trailer ....

Only two problems ...

1. Pam can't pick a color

2. The 3x12 strip is probably to heavy to be portable.

I have color samples enroute from the company, so I expect I'll be re-doing the bathroom in some (other) pleasing color than Almond.

Old 10-02-2002, 03:14 PM   #5

Charles, just recycle the almond squares as an inside-the-door (or outside, or both) wipe-your-feet-here doormat...

Pete and RatLadies

Old 10-03-2002, 06:26 AM   #6

dri deck

:wave Charles, we were east bound on highway 50 near sacramento and noticed a west marine store ( knew it was there but had never stopped) pulled over and went in and picked up the 4 dri deck squares. told the checker that our "boat" was out there in the parking lot, and looking at it, noticed that our "pig tail" was dragging on the ground. this is the second one that we have destroyed. am now working on some fix to make sure this does not happen again. any suggestions will be appreciated.

Old 10-03-2002, 06:39 AM   #7

Good question Lou!

Good question Lou ... so good, I started a new thread so folks can post their particular methods!

Hey, in my trailer, I had to carefully cut off a little strip of two of the Dri Dek blocks with a retractable cutter, to fit the width ... then I was able to reuse part of the cut-off strips by snapping them onto the other blocks to perfectly fit the length.

Easier to do than to describe.

The little blocks were fun to play with!

Old 10-03-2002, 07:42 AM   #8

Lou

Lou, what color did you choose? Let me know how easy they are to install!

Old 10-03-2002, 07:30 PM   #9

Different use of dri dek

We use our dry deck differently from most of you. We agree that is rough on the bare feet, so we use it to protect the floor from shoes. To shower, remove the dri deck and put it on the floor just outside the shower door. Place a bathmat on the dri deck. Use shower, step out, dry off, use squeegee on walls and floor, dry floor, fold bath mat, then replace dri deck.

This means that you protect the floor but don't gouge your feet. The dri deck keeps the dirt from the bottom of your shoes from making mud in the bottom of the shower.

Enjoy. This works like a charm.

Old 10-04-2002, 12:53 PM   #10

good ideas

Pete>>recycle as trailer doormat

Nathan>>put in front of shower to dry off

Great ideas! My color samples haven't shown up yet. But now I have some ideas for the Almond dri-dek stuff ... when Pam decides on a new color.

Old 10-04-2002, 01:28 PM   #11

Quilt

Charles,
I've been thinking this over and think you sould buy a variety of colors. put them together in a quilt pattern and use it outside in front of the door. THEN when you head 'home' after a margarita night you will know you've made it. It would look good too. I'm serious. :angel

Old 10-04-2002, 05:47 PM   #12

dri deck

:wave Hi Ruth Riley, re color i picked blue. did'nt know there were more than one. this one seems to go with the casita. Charles writes that he trimmed his and rearranged it. we will later. since i work occasionally, have been to busy latley to do everything that we want.