Duo-Therm Gravity furnace manuals - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-05-2011, 12:06 PM   #21

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rparnell View Post
I just so happened to be cleaning out my trillium 1300 and found all the original documentation that came with it. I have a good protion of the calibration documentation for the Duo-Therm Furnaces. I will upload them if I can in the next day or 2..Just cleaning my baby out from the last trip.

Richard, my man!

Or should I say... My HERO!

Just goes to show that good things really DO come to those who wait

Thanks!

Francesca
Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 07:44 PM   #22

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
After upload to the Document Center, be patient. I believe an admin or moderator must approve the documents. They double-check to make certain they're not duplicates or uploaded into the wrong grouping or maybe named incorrectly.

It may take a day or so for them to be visable to the membership. But ALL appreciate the effort!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 10:03 AM   #23

Trailer: One 13 ft Scamp and One 13 ft Trillium and Two Trillium 4500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
After upload to the Document Center, be patient. I believe an admin or moderator must approve the documents. They double-check to make certain they're not duplicates or uploaded into the wrong grouping or maybe named incorrectly.

It may take a day or so for them to be visable to the membership. But ALL appreciate the effort!

I DO! I DO! Appreciate the effort... Looking forward to getting the documents, I've got several campers that need them...THANKS AGAIN to everyone for the effort....
Randy Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 03:16 PM   #24

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rparnell View Post
I just so happened to be cleaning out my trillium 1300 and found all the original documentation that came with it. I have a good protion of the calibration documentation for the Duo-Therm Furnaces. I will upload them if I can in the next day or 2..Just cleaning my baby out from the last trip.
UPDATE!
Richard's kindly shared documents are available in the document center now.
FYI, they're both for furnaces with electrical connections...
They've been filed under "appliances" at
Fiberglass RV - Document Center - Duo-Therm 6500
and
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/d...tmp/dt6600.pdf

Thanks again, Richard!

Francesca
Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 02:46 AM   #25

Name: Jeremy
Trailer: TravelmateSportsman
OH
I like a copy asap jeremyjspires366@gmail.com
Appalachian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 02:46 AM   #26

Name: Jeremy
Trailer: TravelmateSportsman
OH
Need manual for a Duo-Therm 65810-002

Appalachian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 09:53 PM   #27

Name: WILLIAM
Trailer: wolf pup
IA
i have an old duo therm gravity fed i need installed and inspect

does any one know of an expert with these old duo therm heaters. i want to install mine in an teardrop camper and want it inspected. i will travel to an expert
yogavnture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 11:32 PM   #28

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by yogavnture View Post
does any one know of an expert with these old duo therm heaters. i want to install mine in an teardrop camper and want it inspected. i will travel to an expert
William, I am sorry to inform you that since the furnace that you want to install is no longer approved for use in a trailer, no, "expert" or more accurately, professional will touch your furnace with a ten foot pole. There would be no insurance if they kill you.

The problem is surface temperature. If a blanket, or other combustible material, comes into contact with the front of the furnace, it could start a fire.

That being said, I would not hesitate to install one in my trailer. I love them. No power requirements, no moving parts, they could almost last forever. The only serious failure point is the gas valve. Replacing that is expensive. That is why I posted a complete tear down of the gas valve, as well as the furnace. I am preparing an update on the furnace thread. The furnace can be further dissembled.

I am also going to experiment with some Peltier generators. I want to see if I can run a fan, maybe an LED light as well.

But, if you are not confident doing the work yourself, (and it sounds like your not) than you may want to abandon your plan. Maybe look into a catalytic heater, and a CO detector.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 09:07 PM   #29

IA
thanks david

david. here is my story . i bought i think its the duo therm with digits 11 at end back in 1998. from an rv dealer. i put it in a wooden box camper and loved it.
it heated well and off grid dream. never had issue. then 4 years ago i gutted the wooden box as i never thought armeggedon would come (but now its here in covid) .. i just received my new camper. its basically a box as well. check it out its an outbound extreme made in Nebraska. now i want to put my duo therm in it. i probably only used it about 20 some times in late ninetys and it was in good shape then. its been sitting in my garage since 2000. i took it recently to the guy i bought it from 20 years ago and he is willing to install in new camper. he said parts are not avail. but he did put one part on it . i think its a coupler or some part. that might help start it. i also bought a wave 3 heater. but i returned it. as my rv guy did say this duo therm might last another 20 years. DAVID I CALLED ANOTHER RV DEALER TODAY AND HE SAID THAT THE PROBLEM WITH THESE HEATERS IS THAT THE METAL BOX WHERE THE HEATING OCCURS RUST OUT AND TINY HOLES DEVELOP AND THE GAS WILL BE RELEASED IN CABIN THAT WAY.
WHAT U THINK OF THAT COMMENT??? SEEMS TO ME IT COULD BE CHECKED. MY GUT SAYS A VISUAL CHECK OF INSIDE OF BOX WOULD TELL ALOT. IF NOT MUCH RUST. I THINK IM GOOD TOGO. REMEMBER I BOUGHT THIS IN 1998 AND USED IT PROBABLY 25 NIGHTS.. BACK ABOUT 1998 WITH NO ISSUES. SINCE THEN ITS JUST SIT IN A COLD AND WARM GARGAGE....MY rv guy did inspect it just a bit. and he seems to think its good to go. even with a pin hole in the metal box which i really dont think would happen if the welds are good. and i have a co2 monitor and oxygen monitor. wont i be ok? u are right nobody wants to touch this. couldn't i just open the front latch where u put a flame to start it and be able to look around enuf in that small hole to get a basic idea if the heating box is compromised. i remember my rv guy who is probably 75 years old and still working said the duo therm is as good as the quality of the metal box. he said some of them were cheap steel and others were a good beefy steel and it all depends on the model. he already thinks mine is ok. david am i taking risk i shouldn't ??? everybody says get a new one. but my gut says use this old thing. i will have a good co2 monitor and oxygen monitor. i should be ok??????????????? if anyone has any comments for me my email is yogavnture@yahoo.com..................finally the vent that is outside of camper lets say strong winds are outside would the fumes come back in? maybe on the outside vent i could put some small side panels to protect the vent? or am i overthinking this whole thing.
Old 02-09-2021, 09:09 PM   #30

IA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Appalachian View Post
can i get a manual yogavnture@yahoo.com
Old 02-09-2021, 09:14 PM   #31

IA
my duo therm last digits are 11 and i think mine has the thermostat control. i love it. will the metal box that heats , will it over time rust and pin holes get in the metal and leak out fumes that way??? cant i open the tiny latch where i put a match and visually inspect the box ? even though the hole is small? if it looks good this heater would work for 20 more years. and if i had a co2 detector and oxygen detector wouldn't i be safe enuf::

Tags
furnace