Duo-Therm Gravity furnace manuals - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-19-2009, 10:59 PM   #1

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
I have copies of the operating instructions and installation instructions for Duo-Therm gravity (no electricity or fan) furnaces. There is not a specific model number on the cover page, but inside they mention a number of models in the 65xxx series (when they talk about various features that certain ones have).

They specifically mention 65210, 65211, 6521R, 65212, 65311, 65411, 65510, 65512, and 65515.

The instructions are from 1975, and the furnace is one that was common in Trilliums of the era. Here is a photo of the grille from one:

Click image for larger version

Name:	<a title=Furnace.jpg Views: 81 Size: 78.0 KB ID: 25116" style="margin: 2px" />

Since I didn't see these in the Document Center here on FGRV, I have sent images of them to Donna, so that she could upload them to the Document Center for future reference and access for everyone. However, the Document Center is temporarily "out of order" and so she won't be able to upload them for a while. Since I know it's "furnace season," I would be willing to e-mail copies to someone who needs them right now :insert teeth chattering:

If you do need them immediately, just send me a PM. The operating instructions are 2 pages, as are the installation instructions. Each page is about 4 mb each as a .jpg image; or about 9 mb as a .pdf. (Since I don't have a scanner, I took high-res photographs of them.)

Or, if someone just has a question where I could look at the document and then answer, just go ahead and ask it here.

Raya
Raya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 05:17 PM   #2

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Raya, I just bought a duo therm electricity less, propane furnace yesterday. I could really use some installation instructions. If you don't mind forwarding them. It would be a big help. How is the best way to get you my email address? Daryl
Daryl J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 05:29 PM   #3

Trailer: Tent
Daryl, While you are waiting for the files from Raya, you might want to check out this link...
eHow How to troubleshoot a Duo Therm furnace.

Probably not as good as the actual manual but may help if your teeth are chattering.

Mike
Old 10-17-2010, 07:36 PM   #4

Trailer: 74 Boler 13 ft / 97 Ford Aerostar
Registry
Smile

Hi Raya,

I have just acquired a 1980 Trillium 4500 with the Duotherm 65512 furnace in it. It seems to work OK, but I wonder of you still have your documents available? The Document Centre does not have this one listed.

Thanks,
Rick G in Edmonton

P.S. We are putting out Boler up for sale soon. It was great, but we wanted a front dinette and a slightly wider bed, and we got both with this Trillium. It will take some work to get it the way we want it though.
Rick G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 08:46 PM   #5

Hi Rick,

It's been about a year since I digitized these; I take it they have not been added to the document center...?

I'm on a former (old, creaky) computer right now as my current one is in the shop, and they are on my hard drive, so it might be a week or so. If I don't post them, would you mind reminding me?

Raya

PS: Congrats on the new trailer
Old 10-17-2010, 10:09 PM   #6

Trailer: 74 Boler 13 ft / 97 Ford Aerostar
Registry
Great, thanks a bunch.
Rick
Rick G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 08:54 AM   #7

I have a question for the mods, since several people have asked me for copies of these here and via PM (and I do not currently have access to them as they are on a hard drive I can't get to).

I e-mailed copies of these to Donna last year so that she could put them in the document center. I know that at that exact moment there was something wrong with the document center so that she could not do it right away, and I also know she is no longer a mod, but.... what has happened to those and is there any way they *can* be put into the document center?

At the time I made this thread it was just to let people know that in the brief interim between only me having them, and the document center having them, I would be happy to send copies to people (it was fall, after all, and I know how it is when you need to get the furnace going).

But ideally the manuals would be in the document center, and this thread would be closed or removed.
Old 10-18-2010, 03:09 PM   #8

In the meantime, here we go. Hand typing is not dead yet

Owners Operating Instructions for Direct Vent furnaces, minus the standard safety disclaimers and that sort of thing:

1) Heaters with thermostatic controls, adjust thermostat or temperature control dial to "off" position.

2) Be sure all shut-off valves in supply line are open.

3) Turn gas control dial to "off," open lighter door and wait 10 minutes.

4) Rotate dial to "pilot," depress dial while lighting pilot burner. This is easily accomplished by using a wooden kitchen match and attempting to get the flame to the pilot burner before the phosphorous is completely burned from the tip of the match.

5) Keep dial depressed for 1 minute after pilot starts burning, and rotate dial to "on" position. (On heaters equipped with Millivolt Control, allow pilot to burn for 2 minutes before rotating dial on "on" position.)

6) Close lighter door after lighting heater.

7) Heaters with thermostatic controls, adjust thermostat or temperature control dial to desired temperature.

8) If pilot goes out, open lighter door and wait 10 minutes before repeating lighting procedure. If pilot needs adjusting, see Pilot Adjustment (for modulating and millivolt controls).

9) For complete shut down, push in on dial and rotate to "off" position.

10) If more heat is desired of heaters equipped with a thermostatic controls, turn thermostat or temperature control dial to a higher setting [duh!]

Pilot Adjustment
Remove pilot adjusting cap and adjust screw so flame completely envelopes the end (approximately 3/8") of thermocouple.

[Then they show a diagram of the two controls. The Millivolt Control is like a square box proportioned like a duplex outlet box in a house, with a small dial on the top on one end (side that would have outlets on receptacle) and the rest flat area.

The Modulating Control is more square, with a round outline on one side face and two knobs on top. It has 1-5 numbers on the dial for settings.]

Air Adjustment
An air adjustment screw is provided on some heaters. The 65211, 65311, 65411, 65510, 65512, 65515, and 65517 series heaters do not have an adjusting screw.

Too much air = Firing at orifice - Flame lifting from burner
Too little air = Yellow flame - Soot

There are diagrams showing where the screw is, but it's kind of hard to describe them. I will try:

On 65210 and 21R series, it looks like it is near a bottom pan corner and there is a little lock nut.

On 65212 series, there is a metal box/corner, and on the longer vertical face there is a little screw just to the lower right of the middle. There is something above it that is kind of square/round - maybe the pilot hole flap? It has a lock nut. Around the corner on the shorter vertical face there is a wire coming out.

That is basically the whole operating instructions.

Form number 19-424-7
Duo-Therm, Division of Motor Wheel Corporation
Printed U. S A. 1/75
Old 10-19-2010, 06:05 AM   #9

Trailer: Cloud 13 ft and Compact Jr
Raya you are just too nice.
DonDeutsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 06:35 AM   #10

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raya L. View Post
Hi Rick,

It's been about a year since I digitized these; I take it they have not been added to the document center...?
Raya

PS: Congrats on the new trailer
Raya, you sent them to me for the Document Center which was broken for more than a year for uploading new documents. I still have them. Haven't heard if it's been fixed.. but, I understand that someday it will be available for members to upload documents... since I'm no longer an admin/moderator I'm no longer privy to all the doin's
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 11:44 AM   #11

Hi Donna,

I hope I was clear in my previous post that when I sent them to you the document center was broken so you could not add them, and that you are no longer a moderator. I was hoping a current mod would chime in with the status.

Thanks for all of your previous mod service

Raya
Old 10-20-2010, 11:19 PM   #12

Trailer: 1999 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Florida
I was not aware of these heaters, are they still manufactured?
Herb Sutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 12:17 AM   #13

Sadly, no.
Old 04-26-2011, 08:49 PM   #14

Name: denny
Trailer: kit road rqanget tt
Oregon
hi Raya

first let me thank everyone for this forum.
Raya, would you mind sending me the scans of the manuals you have too please at your convenience. i would appreciate it very very much. thank you very much in advance. denny
i purchased a little trailer with a duo therm model 65211 and have been having a bit of as problem with it staying lit. i am trying to troubleshoot it and hopefull these manuals will be of assistance. thank you again. denny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raya View Post
Sadly, no.
dennis meeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 09:01 AM   #15

Trailer: One 13 ft Scamp and One 13 ft Trillium and Two Trillium 4500
Hi Raya I would also like a copy of the manuals if that's not to much trouble....THANKS RANDY
Randy Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 09:25 AM   #16

Trailer: Cloud 13 ft and Compact Jr
Saddly Raya has gone missing. I think her last posting was Dec 2010. I hope she is well.
DonDeutsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 10:25 AM   #17

Trailer: One 13 ft Scamp and One 13 ft Trillium and Two Trillium 4500
Well hopefully someone that was able to get the manuals from her could be kind enough to forward them on to me..... if so I will scan them and post them for anyone else that might need them..............
Randy Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 02:44 PM   #18

Trailer: 2009 Scamp 16 ft / 2003 Durango
Did you check the document center ?

Bill K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Bishop View Post
Well hopefully someone that was able to get the manuals from her could be kind enough to forward them on to me..... if so I will scan them and post them for anyone else that might need them..............
Bill K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 05:43 PM   #19

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis meeker View Post
first let me thank everyone for this forum.
Raya, would you mind sending me the scans of the manuals you have too please at your convenience. i would appreciate it very very much. thank you very much in advance. denny
i purchased a little trailer with a duo therm model 65211 and have been having a bit of as problem with it staying lit. i am trying to troubleshoot it and hopefull these manuals will be of assistance. thank you again. denny
Hi, Raya, or anyone who's got a copy of the manual she's talking about!

I'm looking for the same manual- has anyone tried uploading this directly in to the Doc. Center? There's a thread by an Admin. at http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...les-43332.html that tells how any one of us can do so .......Info would be appreciated!

Francesca
Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 09:43 AM   #20

Name: Richard
Trailer: Trillium 1300
Alberta
I just so happened to be cleaning out my trillium 1300 and found all the original documentation that came with it. I have a good protion of the calibration documentation for the Duo-Therm Furnaces. I will upload them if I can in the next day or 2..Just cleaning my baby out from the last trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca Knowles View Post
Hi, Raya, or anyone who's got a copy of the manual she's talking about!

I'm looking for the same manual- has anyone tried uploading this directly in to the Doc. Center? There's a thread by an Admin. at http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...les-43332.html that tells how any one of us can do so .......Info would be appreciated!

Francesca
rparnell is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
furnace