elitemotoronline trailer cover - Fiberglass RV

Old 09-24-2013, 09:12 PM   #1

Name: Loulou
Trailer: 1973 13' boler
British Columbia
Registry
elitemotoronline trailer cover

I've been storing my boler in a carport but I've just moved and we don't have covered parking for our boler at the new house. I'm thinking of buying the Deluxe Scamp 13' travel trailer Camper Cover w/ zipper Door Access from Elitemotoronline on Ebay. Has anyone tried this cover?I'd love to hear other people's experiences with this product.

Thanks,
Louise

Old 09-24-2013, 09:56 PM   #2

Name: Lil
Trailer: '84 13' Scamp & '14 homebuilt Benroy Teardrop
Minnesota
Registry
Hi Louise,
Here's a thread that talks about that brand.

Scamp Cover

Hope this helps.

Take care,

Old 09-25-2013, 08:43 AM   #3

Name: jim
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape19 Prairie Schooner pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
bought one and used it on my EggCamper, great cover
Old 10-26-2013, 02:13 PM   #4

Trailer: Scamp Deluxe 16
Georgia
Registry
We bought his regular cover for our Scamp. It did not last the warranty time (1 yr), and he would not honor the warranty (or answer the phone to talk about it). For the price, it was OK. We still use it, but it does have holes worn into the top of it from rubbing on the awning casing.
Old 10-26-2013, 03:19 PM   #5

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
LouLou before you buy it best to check your local zoning bylaws - lots of places in BC do not allow temp shelters in the driveways etc..... oh and just because you see one in the neighbours driveway doesnt mean they are allowed - just means no one has complained *yet* ;-)
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 03:29 PM   #6

Name: Steve and Rosemary
Trailer: 89 Scamp 16 ft side toilet
Utah
We just cleaned ours up and covered her with wax so we'd like to make it last as long as possible. Plus, we scraped off a TON of silicone from all the rivets leading to a bit of worry about new leaks springing up.... Anyways, I'd like to find something a little more affordable but it seems like the product Calmark makes is reliable and worth the hefty price tag. When I called Scamp a few weeks ago, they said they don't offer covers because Calmark makes them well. If I can convince my husband, we'll be getting a Calmark. Anything else will be disposable in my mind, an idea I'm not too pleased with. Any feedback on other options would be very appreciated.
Old 10-26-2013, 03:31 PM   #7

Name: Steve and Rosemary
Trailer: 89 Scamp 16 ft side toilet
Utah
Also, I forgot to mention that we store ours in our driveway and I'm not convinced our new neighbors like it too much. So, unfortunately, looks are somewhat of an issue now. Again, it seems like Calmark might be our only option. Beats a big blue tarp, that's for sure!
Old 10-26-2013, 03:59 PM   #8

Name: melissa
Trailer: 2012 Scamp 13 DLX
Florida
I bought the same cover and had the same experience as Sheryl. I dont think it was even 6 months before we tore it gently removing the cover off our Scamp 13. Another tear happened when we were putting it back on after our trip. I dont know if it's our Florida heat/humidity that weakened it but it still seems it should have lasted longer than just a few months only being removed/reinstalled 3 or 4 times. It fit plenty loose so not like we were stretching it etc. We are still using it but looking for an affordable replacement. The seller also did not respond to our inquiries.