Empty Shell Help - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-04-2007, 01:32 PM   #1

Trailer: Burro
Hello,

My name is Heather and I am new to the site and I need lots of helps suggestions etc..

First let me start with a little background. A friend of mine bought a house a couple of years ago, she saw a fiberglass camper near the back of the garage. When she inquired about it the seller told her she could have it for $$ really really cheap, under $100.00. He told her that he wasn't sure of its condition as his son had been using it. Well long story short the it had been completely gouted and lot of junk being stored in it. We have cleaned out the interior and gotten rid of the junk.

We found a sink, stove top, cooler, hoses, wiring and assorted lights among all the junk. We are pretty sure that these items belong to are came with it.

Upon clean all the dirt and grime from the exterior, we found a faint outline of the word Burro. So I am assuming that it is a Burro.

Now here is were I need help, my friend has asked me to help get it useable again, it possible. So I guess you could say I'm starting from scratch. I managed to put enough wiring in it to get the back lights working so I could move it to my place.

I am not sure how it is supposed to be wired; were the seating is supposed to be or how it is suppose to function; how are were to connect the sink, stove, cooler/refrigerater (not really sure which it is yet). So I guess I need to now are there any stagmatics, drawings of layout, anything available that would help me.

It isn't that big, from looking at the pictures on this site I would say it looks like the 13' Burro the most.

Now I know I could alway rig it, put in board with mattress for a bed and boards with cushions for seating; put the sink and stove in the holes and connect some kind of hose and gas line, but I would like to have some idea of how it was supposed to look and function.

So any help, ideas, information etc.. would be extremely welcome

I look forward to talking to ya.

Heather V.
Heather V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 01:37 PM   #2

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
Welcome!

If what you have is a completely empty shell, meaning no closet, cabinets or what appears to be seating, it isn't a Burro. Or.. if it is, someone has done some serious modifying .. Since you found a Burro logo, this is intriguing

Burros all had/have interior "shells" with all the furniture molded in place, and it is part of the structure. I can't imagine this stuff being removed, but folks have done stranger things.

Do you have interior pictures?

Looking in our BURRO ALBUMS will give you an idea of what it is SUPPOSED to look like.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 02:02 PM   #3

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Welcome to FiberglassRV Heather! You've got us all curious now. We do have a three-part Burro assembly manual in our document center.... see the left nav bar under "Resources." There is a number of documents there that may assist you in your endeavor. Here's a direct link to the Burro manual... just to get you started: Burro Assembly manuals
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 09:40 PM   #4

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

99.9% of the 13' trailers made by Boler/Scamp/Casita/Burro/UHaul have the same floorplan:
Attached Images

Old 09-04-2007, 11:52 PM   #5

Gina D.

Thanks for the information, I was hoping that those openings and formations were for the seating, bedding, closet, utilities.

Heather V.
Old 09-04-2007, 11:57 PM   #6

Donna D.

Oh my goodness, the manual pages with diagrams and instructions totally rock. You have just saved me a whole lot of time trying to figure alot of this stuff out.

Thank You so much.

Heather V.
Old 09-04-2007, 11:59 PM   #7

Frederick L. Simson,

Thank you for the colored floor plan.

Heather V.
Old 09-05-2007, 05:15 AM   #8

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Donna D.

Oh my goodness, the manual pages with diagrams and instructions totally rock. You have just saved me a whole lot of time trying to figure alot of this stuff out. Thank You so much.
Heather V.
That's what we're hear for and thanks to the individuals who share their documentation with the members of this forum
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 05:57 AM   #9

Trailer: Y2K6 Bigfoot 25 ft (25B25RQ) & Y2K3 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Heather, it sounds like you have a task ahead! As you get further into it, there are lots of choices you'll be making, and feel free to post here for advice on any and all of them. We also have a really nifty search function on the right hand side at the top of this frame. You can enter any word you like (four letters or more to search on, and it will return every thread with that word. It's really useful when you want something specific, say... "burro wiring". There is also an advanced search function (which I used for the link) that allows the use of modifiers to include or exclude specific words (+burro +wiring). There's a wealth of information here for you, you just need to know how to mine it.

Good luck with your restoration!

Roger
Roger H is offline   Reply With Quote