Welcome to a great adventure. We found it necessary to remove every snip of ensolite. We had some rot, but with the older Scamps, the floor is plywood, so were able to just route out the rotten layers then fill in the holes. The frig and furnace
were in such condition that we felt it dangerous to even try to find out if they worked. The removal of them was an adventure, as well as stress on the marriage. We got the mylar/bubble insulation and rat fur (kind of like the soft side of Velcro) from Scamp
. The silver bubble suff is nearly all in. The current challenge is breathing while trying to glue the stuff in. The glue looks like raspberry ice cream sauce, but causes funny things to happen to your judgement when you are inside the confined space of the little 13 foot Scamp even with everything open and a big box fan in the door.
We have been through just about all of the hard stuff including a tire that came apart and whipped a hole in the floor behind the tire well and the back part of the tire well.
And we are smiling. We are getting anxious to get this on the road.
I have been taking pix of the whole process and intend to post on the day we finally hit the road.
Both this group and the Scamp group have been very helpful. Even encouraging us as we got stuck and needed new direction. Let me know if we can help.