Escape Trailer - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Old 02-27-2006, 10:27 PM   #29

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
So NOW we can expect you two to show up at out Glass Egg Convention at the Fort Campground in Ft. Langley on the May long weekend, HUH

Old 03-01-2006, 09:36 AM   #30

Name: Brian
Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
Alberta
Escape Showroom Visit - Services

Click image for larger version

Name:	EscapeRearStreetsideServices_500.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	1502
- Rear Streetside[*]water heater door, water fill (has pivoting cover in door to leave hose entry slot open with door closed), and power entry[*]freshwater tank drain visible under body[/list]Click image for larger version

Name:	EscapeFreshwaterTank_500.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	1503
[*]under floor behind axle[*]drain on streetside[*]tank spans frame rails, held there by a surrounding bracket which supports the steps along the front and back (long) sides of the tank[/list]Click image for larger version

Name:	EscapeWaterHeater_500.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	1504
[*]under streetside dinette bench[*]electrical panel and service cord behind[*]water pump also under bench, ahead of water heater[/list]Click image for larger version

Name:	EscapeOutsideShower_500.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	1508
[*]at front of streetside[*]cable TV input beside it (see Andy's post, below) - I thought this might be the city water fitting, but a closer look at the rear service area water fill door shows a place for a hose, so that is presumably a dual hose fitting and tank fill port[/list]Click image for larger version

Name:	EscapeGreywaterTank_500.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	1505
[*]ahead of axle, between frame rails like freshwater[*]shower drain into front side visible[/list]Click image for larger version

Name:	EscapeDrains_500.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	1506
[*]greywater drain from back side of tank[*]blackwater tank straight of out above-floor-mounted black tank[*]streetside of trailer[/list]Click image for larger version

Name:	EscapeMonitor_500.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	72.1 KB
ID:	1507
[*]above stove[*]tank levels and battery voltage[/list]

Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 12:17 PM   #31

Trailer: 2005 Escape B
Nice job, Brian. If memory serves, the outlet beside the exterior shower is for cable.

Andy
Old 03-01-2006, 02:55 PM   #32

Alberta
I've corrected the cable inlet description (in my Services post), and added some tank sizes (in my Chassis post).

Still to come: eggshell details, and a demo sequence of the flexible sofa/dinette/bunks front gaucho...
Old 03-01-2006, 05:19 PM   #33

Trailer: 2005 Escape B
Great stuff Brian. BTW, the water fill door cutout is actually a clever, riveted tab that pivots out of the hose's way.

FYI, the blue decal trim is for 2006 models. My 2005 has silver/gray decals and the 2004 has red.

Andy
Old 03-01-2006, 07:32 PM   #34

Name: Thane
Trailer: Escape
Great photos! I really appreciate you posting them. I bought an Escape without ever seeing one, and still haven't as it needs some work done before I pick it up. These pictures are the best views of this brand that I have seen and are helping me understand what equipment I need to get it home and up my steep driveway.

I am looking forward to getting my trailer and taking the kids camping. Thanks again for your efforts.
Old 03-03-2006, 07:19 PM   #35

Alberta
Escape Showroom Visit - Body Shell Details

Another (next to last, I think) installment...

Name:	EscapeDoorHinge_500.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	1525
[*]upper hinge shown; lower hinge similar[*]photo taken with the door swung wide open against the body[/list]Click image for larger version

Name:	EscapeDoorLatch1_500.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	1526
[*]two views taken with the door swung wide open against the body[*]edge of door forms deep groove to surround seal (noticeable in first view)[/list]Click image for larger version

Name:	EscapeDoorStrike_500.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	1528
[attachment=1991:attachm
ent]
  • Door Strike and Frame Area
  • belly joint trim is visible, but no joint is evident in the door frame area (I don't know how)
  • inside of door opening is surrounded by a fiberglass frame
  • latch strike is mounted though weatherstrip (photography from inside is fuzzy, not the hardware)
  • same type of seal normally found in automotive door applications

Name:	EscapeWindowFront_500.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	1531
[*]front window with cover on continuous extruded aluminum hinge[/list]Click image for larger version

Name:	EscapeCanopyMount_lower_500.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	1532
[attachment=1997:attachm
ent]
  • Canopy Mounting
  • lower and upper mounting areas for rear arm of canopy, plus inside of lower mount
  • inside shows plywood backing plate held in fiberglass "pocket" (focussed on wrong point, so plate is fuzzy; other wooden parts are curbside dinette bench top of sheathing material raised for photo, and solid wood brace)
Attached Thumbnails
EscapeDoorLatch2_500.jpg   EscapeDoorFrameInteriorUpper_500.jpg  

EscapeCanopyMount_inside_500.jpg   EscapeCanopyMount_upper_500.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 03-04-2006, 08:24 AM   #36

Great photos! Do you have any of the galley area drawers?
Old 03-04-2006, 10:03 AM   #37
Commercial Member

Name: Reace
Trailer: Escape Manufacturer
Hi Brian

Wow.....I should hire you on as a marketing consultant! I appreciate you taking the effort to provide these detailed photos to the forum. I am curious what the sales people thought while you were going about taking all these photos.

If you are interested, I have some photos of the demolding process that could accompany these photos for interest sake as to how the shells are built. If you don't mind, I would prefer to send them to you and let you post them as I don't think I could do the same job you did.

Reace
Old 03-04-2006, 04:27 PM   #38

Alberta
Quote:
...Do you have any of the galley area drawers?
I had not posted any interior photos because the Escape Trailer website has a good set attached to the layout descriptions, but the Plan B kitchen lower cabinet is not clearly shown, so here's the only one I have...

Name:	EscapeKitchen_lower_640.jpg
Views:	378
Size:	100.3 KB
ID:	1541

The left (rear) lower side has a shallow cabinet in front of the fenderwell. That's the furnace on the right side.
Old 03-04-2006, 04:33 PM   #39

Alberta
Quote:
... I am curious what the sales people thought while you were going about taking all these photos.
My usual approach to looking a vehicles in showrooms includes getting down on my hands and knees to get a good look at the important bits (suspension, etc), so I have learned to ignore strange looks from sales staff. I normally don't take pictures, but the staff didn't seem surprised at all that I was doing so. Maybe RV buyers are often eccentric...

Quote:
... If you are interested, I have some photos of the demolding process that could accompany these photos for interest sake as to how the shells are built. If you don't mind, I would prefer to send them to you and let you post them..
I am certainly interested in construction images, and I think others in the forum are as well. Reace, I'll send you my direct e-mail address separately.
Old 03-04-2006, 04:42 PM   #40

Alberta
Escape Showroom Visit - Service Details

I was back at the RV dealer today to pick up some replacement circuit breakers for my Boler, and took a couple more photos of Escape details I missed the first time. The service doors were open on the outside shower and water fill, and here they are.

Name:	EscapeOutsideShowerOpen_500.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	1543

Both show the riveted mounting in these views. As Andy explained, the water fill is a nice design with a pivoting bit in the water fill door is to allow the hose to be hooked up with the hatch closed for security.

I also opened up the electrical power centre, to see the AC side (circuit breakers on the left) and DC side (fuses on the right) distribution panels.

Name:	EscapePowerCentre_open_640.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	110.3 KB
ID:	1545
Attached Images

Old 03-04-2006, 08:17 PM   #41

Thanks for the pictures, the galley picture is especially appreciated by the wife.
Old 03-07-2006, 01:09 PM   #42

Alberta
Escape Factory Photos - Demolding

Reace sent some photos, I asked some questions, he provided answers, and here's the resulting insight into the hatching of an egg. Thanks, Reace, for the opportunity to learn more about the inner workings!

Top and bottom shell halves are each laid up and cured in their own moulds - each open side up, so the top mould is upside down. The top mould with shell section is lifted and inverted and placed on the bottom mould with its section, then the two moulds are bolted together:

Name:	Demoulding_1_767_90.jpg
Views:	369
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	1591

The two shell halves are joined on the inside with three layers of glass, the door jamb is installed, and the whole thing is allowed to cure.
The mould for the top part is lifted off, revealing the top of the trailer:

Name:	Demoulding_2_700_90.jpg
Views:	347
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	1592

Access holes are cut through what will be the front and rear window openings, a beam is inserted through them, and the complete shell is lifted out of the bottom mould.

Name:	Demoulding_3_709_90.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	102.3 KB
ID:	1593

The bottom mould is removed and the chassis (frame complete with suspension) is placed under the hanging body...

Name:	Demoulding_4_798_90.jpg
Views:	339
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	1594

... and the body is lowered onto the frame.

Tags
escape