Escape Trailer - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-04-2006, 08:17 PM   #41

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Thanks for the pictures, the galley picture is especially appreciated by the wife.
Thane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 01:09 PM   #42

Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
Escape Factory Photos - Demolding

Reace sent some photos, I asked some questions, he provided answers, and here's the resulting insight into the hatching of an egg. Thanks, Reace, for the opportunity to learn more about the inner workings!

Top and bottom shell halves are each laid up and cured in their own moulds - each open side up, so the top mould is upside down. The top mould with shell section is lifted and inverted and placed on the bottom mould with its section, then the two moulds are bolted together:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Demoulding_1_767_90.jpg
Views:	369
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	1591

The two shell halves are joined on the inside with three layers of glass, the door jamb is installed, and the whole thing is allowed to cure.
The mould for the top part is lifted off, revealing the top of the trailer:

Name:	Demoulding_2_700_90.jpg
Views:	347
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	1592

Access holes are cut through what will be the front and rear window openings, a beam is inserted through them, and the complete shell is lifted out of the bottom mould.

Name:	Demoulding_3_709_90.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	102.3 KB
ID:	1593

The bottom mould is removed and the chassis (frame complete with suspension) is placed under the hanging body...

Name:	Demoulding_4_798_90.jpg
Views:	339
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	1594

... and the body is lowered onto the frame.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 01:23 PM   #43

Escape Showroom Visit - Chassis - Rear Frame Section

Name:	EscapeFrameRear_794_90.jpg
Views:	321
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	1595

I missed the rear part of the frame in my earlier post. Here it is, from the curb side, with screw-type stabilizers on each end of a crossmember, just behind the freshwater tank. One more crossmember at the end of the body, and then the bumper; battery brackets from bumper to last crossmember; and sewer hose tube beside the battery.

Looking at the tank bracket, I realize that I need to correct my earlier description, which I will do as an edit in the "Escape Showroom Visit - Services" post.
Old 03-09-2006, 02:03 PM   #44

Showroom Visit - Front sofa/dinette/bunks (part one of two)

Okay, one last post - in two parts - of my "showroom visit". In the front, this unit has a sofa/bunks setup (which is common for eggs), but in this case it is also a two-seat dinette. Here are the details, with photos taken as I stepped through the modes to see how it worked.

As I found it, the setup was upper and lower bunks:

Name:	EscapeFrontArea_Bunks_500.jpg
Views:	326
Size:	73.5 KB
ID:	1637

The front part of the upper bunk is a separate piece, which lifts out, showing the square steel support tubes.

Name:	EscapeFrontArea_BunkRaised_500.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	1635

The extra piece is laid along the back of the seat, the support tubes are pulled out of the sockets in the bathroom wall (streetside) and closet (curbside) retracted and pinned in place, and the bunk folds down to become the seatback. Now you have a sofa (although there is only legroom in the middle - you could sit in the ends with your feet up, presumably against a pillow).

Name:	EscapeFrontArea_BunkSupport_500.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	1638
[attachment=2124:attachm
ent]
Attached Thumbnails
EscapeFrontArea_Sofa_500.jpg   EscapeFrontArea_Sofa2_500.jpg  

Old 03-09-2006, 02:06 PM   #45

Showroom Visit - Front sofa/dinette/bunks (part two of two)

The other mode is a dinette. To get there, the two centre cushions of the seat are removed and placed in the ends as backrests, revealing the dinette table. The table support leg is retrieved from storage (I found it in the closet).

Name:	EscapeFrontArea_Sofa_CushionsMoved_500.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	1640

Lift out the tabletop, drop in the leg, place the table on top of it, and it's a two-person dinette.

Name:	EscapeFrontArea_Dinette1_500.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	160.7 KB
ID:	1641
Old 03-09-2006, 02:27 PM   #46

Trailer: 35 ft Park Model
Thanks for the pics Brian - keep them coming!
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 04:22 PM   #47

Great photos! My trailer will have the same setup and I didn't know how the bunk bed would be set up. A big reason I purchased an Escape and not a Casita was the higher bunk rating, 120 vs. 80 pounds. Know I see why the Escape rating is higher. I wish they would hurry up and fix my Escape so I can go fetch it.
Old 03-09-2006, 05:33 PM   #48

Trailer: 2002 Casita Freedom Deluxe / 2007 Nissan Frontier King Cab
What a great topic! Excellent photographs.
BOBSMITH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 08:10 PM   #49

Trailer: 1981 13 ft Scamp
I'd be interested if they got rid of that Goucho Coucho. Not a comfortable seating situation. Why not two comfortable captain's chairs (upholstered) with a little removable table in between? Otherwise the Escape looks really good.
shirley munson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 11:27 AM   #50

The standard floor plan B has a front dinette without the gaucho bunk. I imagine that adding swivel captains chairs may limit access to the under cabinet storage area. A picture from the www.escapetrailer.com website is attached.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1867.jpg  
Old 03-10-2006, 12:02 PM   #51

Trailer: 2005 Escape B
Thane, in my plan B the front seating is quite comfortable (you have to skinny past the table top abit) once you're in. We bought a couple of pillows for additional backrest support. Standard is a side window (street side) and as an option we had a side window added to curb side (above where you sit) so between these two windows and the large window in front, it's a nice area to relax, read or whatever.

Andy
Andy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 04:23 PM   #52

Thanks for the note. I really like the idea of dinettes front and back and the added window makes both ends a great place to sit and watch the world go by. The new 2006 Escapes have the forward side window standard, so both ends have three windows.
Old 03-10-2006, 05:41 PM   #53

Trailer: 2005 Escape B
Reace has been pretty good about adding value as they move forward. For example, prior to summer 2005 the exterior assist handle beside the door was an option. By the time we picked our unit up in September, they had made it a standard feature. Likewise, it's nice to see from Brian's pictures that the city and fresh water inlets are now enclosed in a locking hatch.
Andy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 10:38 PM   #54

Trailer: Escape
Send a message via MSN to Scottie
Quote:
I've been looking at the fibreglass trailer option since last summer and have viewed both the Casita and Scamp from happy owners of each. But, it is a long drive from Nova Scotia to pick up one these little darlings.

I have also come across the Escape Trailer made in British Columbia - and that's a long way off too. The promotional material has a number of desirable features but there's nothing like talking to an owner to get the straight goods. Apparently Esape is trying to establish a dealer network but don't seem able to keep their nearest dealer stocked, let alone move units to distant dealers.

Is there any first hand knowledge on the Escape out there?

Thanks ... Mike

I know that I am a little late in replying Mike but my name is Scott A and I am a recent owner of a 2006 Escape trailer. I want to let you know that I have reserched quite a bit and I decided on this unit on the great construction and durability, but mostly the awsome people you meet that build these units. I don't know what else to tell you but I have put about 7000 kms on my trailer since I purchaced it in July of this year, and I am looking forward to putting another 7000 on in the next few months. I would have to say that it is worth a trip to see Reace.
Scottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 02:47 PM   #55

Trailer: Escape
Quote:
Thane, in my plan B the front seating is quite comfortable (you have to skinny past the table top abit) once you're in. We bought a couple of pillows for additional backrest support. Standard is a side window (street side) and as an option we had a side window added to curb side (above where you sit) so between these two windows and the large window in front, it's a nice area to relax, read or whatever.

Andy
Hi Andy: I'm just have a look at all of Brian's photos. We had a 17' escape with the small front dinette. To avoid the need to be skinny, even though we two small people, we mounted the table on to sliding rails. This allowed us to have a larger table and still access each seat very easily. We also had both side windows and a larger front window installed. Reace does go all out to fit each trailer to each owner.

We put 50,000km's (30,000 miles) on Rubea before selling her in the fall. Next week we pick up Rubea II, Escapes new 5.0 5th wheel. We are excited about RubeaII and have been watching her "hatch" from the first sketches Reace made.

Happy trails, Ian W.
Ian Waymark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 06:16 AM   #56

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
I wonder how they do this demolding with the 21 and 5.0 models which do not have a front window??
Old 03-20-2016, 07:48 AM   #57

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I wonder how they do this demolding with the 21 and 5.0 models which do not have a front window??
According to these pictures I posted in another thread, it looks like the bottom comes out first unlike the pictures Brian posted of a smaller trailer.

At that point the 21 or 5er is probably placed on the frame and the top then demolded.... maybe.
Attached Thumbnails
BondedTogether.JPG  
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
escape