Escape Trailer - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 08-28-2008, 02:53 AM   #15

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Is the Escape a four-season trailer? I mean, will you do okay if the weather gets really cold?

Old 09-27-2008, 09:18 PM   #16

Name: Doug
Trailer: Escape 5.0TA
Southern Alberta
Just put my name down for the NEW Escape 19, should be ready this coming up spring/summer.
Reace and Tammy are great people to deal with, they will work with you to make the trailer you
want. Paying the asking introductory price and I think after seeing the factory twice the quality is
worth every penny.

Old 10-07-2008, 01:03 AM   #17

Name: Linda
Trailer: Chinook
Washington
Quote:
Hi: Dirk... How about "Kooten E scape".
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie :wave
Pete and I have now picked up our second Escape 17ft. trailer and we couldn't be happier. We had an older model, decided to go back to another 17ft. Bigfoot, have now come back to Escape and we love our new trailer. We picked it up a couple of weeks ago and are totally impressed with the quality. Much improved over time; why wouldn't it be? Reace listens to his customers and incorporates all of the best ideas into all of his new models. We have had many trailers over the years and are most impressed with our new 2009 Escape! We love working with Reace and Tammy; they have integrity, a quality product, and add the personal touch. We are thrilled and can hardly wait to start camping!
Attached Thumbnails
escape_sm.jpg  
Old 10-07-2008, 05:13 AM   #18

Quote:
Pete and I have now picked up our second Escape 17ft. trailer and we couldn't be happier. We had an older model, decided to go back to another 17ft. Bigfoot, have now come back to Escape and we love our new trailer. We picked it up a couple of weeks ago and are totally impressed with the quality. Much improved over time; why wouldn't it be? Reace listens to his customers and incorporates all of the best ideas into all of his new models. We have had many trailers over the years and are most impressed with our new 2009 Escape! We love working with Reace and Tammy; they have integrity, a quality product, and add the personal touch. We are thrilled and can hardly wait to start camping!
The tow vehicle and trailer look good together, I like that the grey stripe matchers the 4runner
Old 10-07-2008, 03:28 PM   #19

Does it have a lift on the trailer.... looks like it
Old 10-07-2008, 09:26 PM   #20

Name: Alfred
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2010 Nissan Frontier
Ontario
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Quote:
Does it have a lift on the trailer.... looks like it
Hi: Rob... Our 5.0 5th. wheel has a 2" lift as determined by Reace to fit over a full size P/U truck with extra leaf H/D suspension.
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Old 10-07-2008, 11:10 PM   #21

Washington
Wink

Quote:
The tow vehicle and trailer look good together, I like that the grey stripe matchers the 4runner
We liked the option of being able to have our trailer match our tow vehicle. Just one more way that Reace has listened to his customers. Another great thing that we love with our Escape is that even with the 4-Runner, which is narrower than a pickup truck, we don't need extra mirrors. The Escape is narrow enough that we don't need to bother with that added hassle when towing. Hardly know it is behind us; light and easy! The quality is what matters the most, however, and it definitely has that! We love it!
Old 10-07-2008, 11:34 PM   #22

Name: Glenn ( second 'n' is silent )
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B '08 RAV4 SPORT V6
British Columbia
Quote:
We liked the option of being able to have our trailer match our tow vehicle. Just one more way that Reace has listened to his customers. Another great thing that we love with our Escape is that even with the 4-Runner, which is narrower than a pickup truck, we don't need extra mirrors. The Escape is narrow enough that we don't need to bother with that added hassle when towing. Hardly know it is behind us; light and easy! The quality is what matters the most, however, and it definitely has that! We love it!
Leslie likes to tell people that we had to buy the new RAV so we could let Tammy know what color to do the graphics on our new trailer. Nice match by the way. And, just to go that further step, Tammy had the "Toad" name done up by the graphics company and had it in place when we picked up the trailer.

As for mirrors, I can get away without them, but, I did buy an extension mirror that sticks to the RAV mirror with suction. I only bought one, for the driver side. What it does for me is allow me to see further up the road behind me so that if I need to pass another vehicle, I can ensure that there isn't another vehicle overtaking me at 130 kph. The stock RAV mirror tells me the road is clear for maybe 100 feet. The auxillary mirror allows me to see a quarter mile. I'll probably get another for the passenger side so I can see, for sure, that I'm safely past the vehicle I'm overtaking and that there isn't an idiot who has ducked into the right lane to pass me.

Can't remember the name of the mirror. I threw the instructions away, but you turn a knob on the back of the suction device and it clings to the mirror. Has a safety strap in case you don't trust it. It does vibrate some, but so would you, hanging out the side of the RAV at 110 kph.

I'll likely get another and let you know the brand and source.

baglo
Old 10-08-2008, 11:20 PM   #23

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Escape
Well we just are about to pick up our new 2009 Escape and I have to echo that Rease & Tammy are great to work with.. We looked at a couple of different trailers and we're impressed with the overall room and layout of the Escape 17ft. I not too sure if this helps anyone but we put together some information on how we came to the decision to purchase the Escape.. http://zimodecast.com/?p=82

We pick it up in about a week... really looking forward to it...
Old 10-09-2008, 12:47 AM   #24

Washington
Thanks for the info, baglo.

Please keep us all posted on the mirrors. We take our first real trip this weekend; looking forward to it. Hope all who post on this site will participate in the gathering in OR in July!

Old 10-09-2008, 12:56 AM   #25

Washington
Quote:
Well we just are about to pick up our new 2009 Escape and I have to echo that Rease & Tammy are great to work with.. We looked at a couple of different trailers and we're impressed with the overall room and layout of the Escape 17ft. I not too sure if this helps anyone but we put together some information on how we came to the decision to purchase the Escape.. http://zimodecast.com/?p=82

We pick it up in about a week... really looking forward to it...
Pete and I saw your trailer when we picked ours up. You will love it. We have tried many different varieties; have done tons of research, and nothing beats the quality, the ability to personally customize, and the ease of towing (not to mention the personal attention of the owners!) of the Escape. It just keeps getting better, too! It is exciting to watch the development of a company; it is a model that we wish more would follow.

Happy trails!
Old 10-09-2008, 06:02 AM   #26

Trailer: Bigfoot
Manitoba
What a thorough analysis of 17 's, all in one place! It will be very useful for folks trying to work through which 17 fits best. Those favoring the Escape should keep in mind that the falling Canadian dollar (.89 to the US yesterday) will improve the price point. Thanks for your contribution, and please keep your site up/available.
Old 10-17-2008, 08:16 PM   #27

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Escape
Hi all...

First of all I want to publicly thank Tammy & Rease for showing us their kindness and patience through the initial pick-up of our new 2009 Escape Plan "B" trailer with modification. We are complete newbies and Rease/Tammy really went the extra mile explaining everything to us.. We spent over 6 hours with them (lunch included).. It was raining outside and Rease set-up the Weight Distribution Hitch and made sure we were completly comfortable with how it towed.. He even did a test drive with me!!

Anyway we love the Escape and right now are outside Yakima Wa.. yes it's day 5 the trailer and we are getting it down..

If you're ever in this area, highly recommend the Yakima Nation RV resort.. it's next about 14 mi outside of the Wa wine country.. perfectly located and quiet..

Thanks to everyone who helped us in our decision making process.. it really has worked out

jeff, liana & shiba (the wonder dog)
Attached Thumbnails
compress.jpg  
Old 10-20-2008, 12:50 PM   #28

SINCE MOST OF THE RESPONDERS HERE ARE FROM THE COLD CLIMES, HOW WELL INSULATED ARE THESE? I KNOW THAT SOUTHERN CALIF DOESNT HAVE ITS SHARE OF SNOW, BUT I LIKE TO HEAD TO THE SIERRA'S FOR FISHING DURING COLD SPELLS.

WHAT ARE THE EXPERIENCES OF TOWING THE 19? I HAVE THE EXPLORER WITH A 6 AND TOW PACKAGE.

THANKS ALL

GORDON

Tags
escape