Escape Trailer - Page 5 - Fiberglass RV

Old 11-01-2008, 10:16 PM   #57

Name: Sandra
Trailer: 2009 Escape ('Suite Escape")
California
Registry
Thank you both. Now I next have to figure out which will work with a Mac. I really like the idea of one thing doing triple duty. I really have learned a lot from this forum. Even though I am hopefully acquiring an Escape, the tips and advice have been sooo helpful.
Peace and Sunshine
Sandra

Old 11-01-2008, 11:05 PM   #58

Name: Glenn ( second 'n' is silent )
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B '08 RAV4 SPORT V6
British Columbia
Quote:
Thank you both. Now I next have to figure out which will work with a Mac. I really like the idea of one thing doing triple duty. I really have learned a lot from this forum. Even though I am hopefully acquiring an Escape, the tips and advice have been sooo helpful.
Peace and Sunshine
Sandra
I've been investigating. Future Shop carries a Hauppauge WinTV 950 Hybrid TV Stick. It works with Mac or PC. Go to Future Shop site and search "Computer Add-Ons" or the name of the device. It is a USB TV stick with a hybrid TV tuner/receiver for both NTSC cable analog or over-the-air ATSC hi-definition digital TV. (which means little to me).
But, the sales guy said it's the only one for Mac that they carry. It comes with an antennae or you can plug in cable. Compatible with the new digital format for broadcasting that comes in in Feb. '09. Costs $166.99 here.

Now, I just have to figure out if it's worth almost $200 with taxes so I won't miss the last episode of Survivor. For one thing in summer, when I mainly camp, TV is all reruns, and with this TV stick, I'd have to camp downtown to get cable or an over-the-air broadcast.

I've thought about Sirius sat radio too, but don't want to pay the $15 a month subscription. For now, I just download a bunch of pod-casts from iTunes. CBC, NPR and BBC documentaries and anything else that interests me. Incredible amount of entertainment available for free.

Failing all that, I can look at the camp fire.

baglo

baglo

Old 11-02-2008, 03:10 PM   #59

Name: Frederick
Trailer: Fiber Stream
California
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Thumbs up

Quote:
Can't remember the name of the mirror. I threw the instructions away, [b]but you turn a knob on the back of the suction device and it clings to the mirror. Has a safety strap in case you don't trust it. It does vibrate some, but so would you, hanging out the side of the RAV at 110 kph.
Baglo,
Was it this mirror?
Or, was it mirror #2?
Old 11-08-2008, 03:57 PM   #60

Name: Linda
Trailer: Chinook
Washington
Quote:
Hi Jeff,
I think I just signed up for it the other day. Great idea! Some of the ideas for the Escape can come in handy for fgrvers as well. Speaking of magnets, I found two magmnetic paper towel holders. The one with the two magnets will fit (I believe) on the side of the range hood. http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw_0_19?...tic+paper+towel
Hopefully the link works.
Peace and Sunshine,
Sandra
BTW, how are you going to rig the shower curtain to keep the toilet area dry?
Sandra, loved your idea about the magnetic paper towel holder. I found the following items at a website and all three are perfect for our Escape! Thanks for the ideas!
Linda
Great Magnetic Paper towel holder; fits perfectly on the stove hood, to the right and above the sink ($15.99):
http://www.organize-it-online.com/itm_magpapertwl.html

Another great find at this site; a magnetic hook strip that fits up inside the right side of the stove hood; it is perfect ($12.99)!
http://www.organize-it-online.com/itm_rovelmag3.html

This item was a pretty good purchase as well; although the towel rings are made of plastic, they fit perfectly on the cabinet door below the sink and also on the wardrobe door. Closeout and not too many left ($7.99):
http://www.organize-it-online.com/itm_cliponrings.html
Old 11-08-2008, 05:54 PM   #61

Name: Glenn ( second 'n' is silent )
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B '08 RAV4 SPORT V6
British Columbia
Sorry, missed this one until now. The mirror I have is the first one Tow-N-See. I plan to get a second for the passenger side.

baglo
Old 11-10-2008, 09:45 AM   #62

Name: Sandra
Trailer: 2009 Escape ('Suite Escape")
California
Registry
Quote:
Sandra, loved your idea about the magnetic paper towel holder. I found the following items at a website and all three are perfect for our Escape! Thanks for the ideas!
Linda
Great Magnetic Paper towel holder; fits perfectly on the stove hood, to the right and above the sink ($15.99):
http://www.organize-it-online.com/itm_magpapertwl.html

Another great find at this site; a magnetic hook strip that fits up inside the right side of the stove hood; it is perfect ($12.99)!
http://www.organize-it-online.com/itm_rovelmag3.html

This item was a pretty good purchase as well; although the towel rings are made of plastic, they fit perfectly on the cabinet door below the sink and also on the wardrobe door. Closeout and not too many left ($7.99):
http://www.organize-it-online.com/itm_cliponrings.html
Thanks Linda,
I was wondering how they would fit!
Peace and Sunshine
Sandra
Old 11-17-2008, 04:34 PM   #63

Name: Ken
Trailer: No Trailer Yet
US
I did not see the mention of this nice Escape training video. IF you dont own an escape, its a good way to take a look around the trailer. Window shop like i was doing Video Here
Old 11-17-2008, 06:28 PM   #64

Name: Anne
Trailer: Escape 17 ft 2006 / 2005 Honda Pilot
Oregon
Registry
Way Cool! Even after a couple of year in my Escape - I learned a couple of tricks! Yay Tammy!
Anne H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 07:44 PM   #65

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
I did not see the mention of this nice Escape training video. IF you dont own an escape, its a good way to take a look around the trailer. Window shop like i was doing Video Here
Thank you for posting this video, Ken!

That tells me a lot about the Escape and I'm VERY impressed with it. Will definitely be checking that out. Kudos to the company for making that video.

Tags
escape