Exterior Heights of Eggs - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-04-2010, 08:57 PM   #1

Trailer: 1970 (Circa) Compact Jr and 1993 Casita
Thanks for all the help in the past-now I need help again-I need to know the exterior heights of fiberglass trailers-thought I had seen a post about this before-but unable to find it now.
Anyone know where I can look-thanks.
Ricky 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 11:03 PM   #2

Trailer: Casita
Quote:
Thanks for all the help in the past-now I need help again-I need to know the exterior heights of fiberglass trailers-thought I had seen a post about this before-but unable to find it now.
Anyone know where I can look-thanks.
Thanks for posting this. I would like to know that myself. I can measure it but you wonder if the factory doesn't have that out already. Mine's the 2006 Liberty Deluxe with raised axles, AC and that goofy pointed TV antenna. All from the factory.

Keith
Keith Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 12:04 AM   #3

Trailer: Escape 13 ft 2010 ('Ladybug') / 2003 Subaru Forester
Registry
Richard:

Did you try http://www.fiberglassrv.com/board/index.ph...er+height\

If not, try a search for "trailer height".

Brian

Old 07-05-2010, 07:59 AM   #4

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
It's doubtful exterior heights of used trailers is going to be across-the-board valid. Axles settle over time... each at a different rate. Then, if an axle or wheels and tires have been changed... you've got more variables. The manufacturers all have the information for brand new trailers on their websites.

Is there a particular height you need? Like it has to fit through a garage door?
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 08:40 AM   #5

Trailer: 1983 13 ft Scamp
Registry
I agree with Donna.
My trailer fit in the garage with the wheels on when I bought it. I replaced the axle, now I have to take the wheels and hubs off, to get the trailer, in the garage.(1983 Scamp 13')
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 11:06 AM   #6

Trailer: Burro 13 ft
I just measured my Burro yesterday. It's 6'6" tall from the bottom of the frame to the top of the the vent. This does not include the wheels. Every trailer is going to sit differently depending on the age of the torsion axles, the size of the wheels (may not be stock) as well as the additional weight of the load you're carrying. Not sure if it helps, just happened to measure and had the info.
kyle minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 06:55 PM   #7

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
A quick method of checking approximate height is to measure from the floor to the roof vent on the inside, then from the floor to the ground at the door. Add the two together.
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 07:45 PM   #8

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
A quick method of checking approximate height is to measure from the floor to the roof vent on the inside, then from the floor to the ground at the door. Add the two together.
You could start with an overpass at 60mph and work your way down through fast food drive throughs, then on to bank drive up windows and parking garages, since most of these are labeled you will know when you've passed your lower limit!

Sorry, just a mood
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 08:13 AM   #9

Trailer: 84 16 ft Scamp
I see you have a Compact Jr.

We had one back in the 70's and as I recall it was the only one that was low enough to fit under the garage door.

We did fit our 16ft Scamp into a garage by removing the wheels and rolling it on the brake drums. It worked, but not worth the trouble unless there is a major need to garage it.
Loren G. Hedahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 01:00 PM   #10

Trailer: 1970 (Circa) Compact Jr and 1993 Casita
We have our Compact Jr. in the garage now but after we sell it -we want to put our Casita in the garage, if possible.
The Casita has a high lift axel-our son-in-law suggested we buy some small tires and wheels and see if that lowered it enough to fit.
We don`t want to pay storage fees-our daughter said we could park it at their house so if it won`t fit in the garage we will park it there and cover it.
We are now having all the stress cracks and holes fixed-a window resealed-a major crack at the entrance repaired and getting it cleaned and waxed. Should look new when our son-in-law is finished with it.
Getting it all fancied up for the rally at Arkansas. If schedule allows we want to go to the rally at Milford Lake, Ks. also.
Thanks for the help-always appreciated.
Ricky 4 is offline   Reply With Quote