Family Friendly Floor Plans - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Old 05-18-2006, 08:06 PM   #29

Name: Frederick
Trailer: Fiber Stream
California
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

Sometimes I try to think outside the envel... er, trailer. I have fabricated pedistal bases so I can use my Odyssey's 2nd row seats as comfortable chairs under my awning. I have now found a 3-fold "futon" that is 48" wide at a yard sale. It is a perfect fit in the back of the Odyssey when the 3rd row is folded into the floor and the 2nd row is outside. And it folds enough to not interfere with other luggage even with all 3 rows in the seating positions!
All I need now will be a curtain system for all of the van's windows.

Old 05-18-2006, 10:40 PM   #30

Trailer: 2000 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
fred,

check out some of the interiors posts, find curtains like the ones you want, check out whose trailer it is, contact owner, offer the moon for them or offer to buy fabric and send lots of money to the maker of the best homemade ones. that should do it!

Old 06-05-2006, 11:02 AM   #31

Trailer: 78 Scamp 13 ft
oooo boy, I'm one of THE world's crabbiest/hard to sleep persons. Even when madly in love with my husband in the honeymoon period of marriage--- I soon discovered that I needed a king size bed. I'm one of these sort who will complain "you are BREATHING on me- turn over!" I suffer from insomnia regularly.

I wouldn't dream of having to share the teeny beds in our Scamp with anyone- I would never get ANY sleep then.

When we had the children- we had a HUGE pop up tent in which hubby and I had a queen size bed in.

This 13 ft Scamp sure isn't for any more than us two in my opinion! LOL
Old 06-05-2006, 11:04 PM   #32

California
Registry
Cool

Quote:
fred,

check out some of the interiors posts, find curtains like the ones you want, check out whose trailer it is, contact owner, [b]offer the moon for them or offer to buy fabric and send lots of money to the maker of the best homemade ones. that should do it!
I live in Southern California. I already know what the mortgage payments on the [b]Moon are!
Old 06-19-2006, 08:07 AM   #33

Trailer: 2005 Scamp 13 ft
Another crowded Scamp over the weekend.

Slept 5 in the 13 footer. Two adults in the rear bed, kids in the bunks, plus one more child on the floor.

That's family friendly!
Old 07-31-2006, 12:50 AM   #34

Trailer: 1985 Scamp 13 ft
Send a message via Yahoo to Tirah
I am almost done modifying our 13' Scamp w/bunk option to accomodate 5 adults or a very squished 6 adults.

We're only a family of two adults, but during our last camping trip, I ended up sleeping on the floor with my infant daughter, because my toddler son refused to sleep in the bunks, and my infant daughter would only sleep soundly if I was right next to her...consequently, there was no room on the dinette bed for all four of us. I ended up sleeping on the floor with my feet under the bunks (kind of cramped for a 5'8 woman , but it was manageable).

To give me more room lengthwise and widthwise, I decided that being able to stretch out on the entire trailer floorspace would be ideal. I built a portable "platform" of sorts to raise the floor where the sink area is- so that it is at the same level as the floor under the dinette (the platform is in two sections that can be removed easily and stored under the trailer when not in use). Then, a cushion on top of the platform, so that one or two adults can sleep on the floor with their legs under the dinette bed. And then two adults can sleep on the dinette bed, and two can sleep on the bunks (crowded as heck, but it could be done). You would not be able to open the refrigerator or lower cabinets while the floor-bed is setup, but you can stow the bed when not in use.

So, I was thinking about the dinette bed bunk modification that is in the modifications section, which would add two more adults on top of the dinette bed. Someone could actually sleep 8 people in a 13'if they did the above and also modified their dinette into a bunk. Hmm, I wonder if you could fit a person on top of the sink area with a little tinkering?
Old 07-31-2006, 08:35 AM   #35

Name: Patrick
Trailer: 2007 Casita Liberty (Sold 2011)/ Honda Odyssey
Arizona
Don't forget hammocks! You could get 3 or 4 more in there with some hammocks!
Old 07-31-2006, 04:46 PM   #36

Quote:
Don't forget hammocks! You could get 3 or 4 more in there with some hammocks!
Oh yeah! That's right! You could string two hammocks over the center of the floor, above the platform structure. That would mean you could technically sleep 10 people in a 13 footer! Scary to think about what happens when someone has to make a midnight trip to the potty, though!
Old 07-31-2006, 07:53 PM   #37

Trailer: 1968 Venture (Molded Fiberglass 19 ft Class A Motorhome) and 82 TranStar B+
Send a message via AIM to Penny Taylor Send a message via Yahoo to Penny Taylor
Quote:
That would mean you could technically sleep 10 people in a 13 footer!
Now at 175 lb. each, that would mean an extra 1,750 lb. on the tires !!
Old 07-31-2006, 07:56 PM   #38

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Quote:
Its obviously possible, I've 10 people in a phone booth!
CD Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 08:51 PM   #39

Trailer: 1968 Venture (Molded Fiberglass 19 ft Class A Motorhome) and 82 TranStar B+
Send a message via AIM to Penny Taylor Send a message via Yahoo to Penny Taylor
Quote:
Quote CD Smith : Its obviously possible, I've 10 people in a phone booth!

Did the tires go flat on the phone booth ??
Old 08-03-2006, 10:15 AM   #40

Quote:
I was thinking about that. It would probably bend the axle and pop the tires. I wonder how much weight the fiberglass/floor could hold before collapse, too.
Old 08-22-2006, 06:44 PM   #41

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Hi
Bob here from Kansas. I have been considering an RV for several months and have been all over the place as to what I want. I had not even considered glass until today. I have found my research interesting. I joined up to get some additional information.

I am 6'2" and a bit concerned with height. I know there are probably some tall guy, or gals out there. How is the close quarters. I was really interested in the Scamp 5th wheel but anything with a real bed area and bathroom would probably qualify with the wife.

How about fuel economy. Are these things better than the bigger rigs.

Thanks
Bob
Old 08-22-2006, 08:38 PM   #42

California
Registry
Talking

Quote:
Hi
Bob here from Kansas. I have been considering an RV for several months and have been all over the place as to what I want. I had not even considered glass until today. I have found my research interesting. I joined up to get some additional information.

I am 6'2" and a bit concerned with height. I know there are probably some tall guy, or gals out there. How is the close quarters. I was really interested in the Scamp 5th wheel but anything with a real bed area and bathroom would probably qualify with the wife.

How about fuel economy. [b]Are these things better than the bigger rigs.

Thanks
Bob
Hi Bob. Welcome to FiberglassRV.
A lot depends on your family situation. There are many, many variations to these trailers. A lot depends on how much time, effort, work (aka sweat equity), and money you have at your disposal. I am only 5'6", so I don't have to deal with your headroom issues. Wouldn't you know it that the trailer I found has 6'3" interior height. But that is offset by having a door that is only 5'0" tall. Features are a real smorgasboard of variables.

Tags
floorplans