Family Friendly Floor Plans - Page 6 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-09-2015, 08:28 AM   #101

Name: Luis
Trailer: Boler 1300 79'
Alberta
Registry
update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis View Post
I am installing a 50" wide bed at the back, and in "L" shape, a bench on the street side so tha I can actually have 3 sleeping well. This suits my family situation, I either camp with my girlfriend, or with my two kids.

If the four of us are out there, well, then the kids get to set up a tent outside...

Cheers,
L
After final construction, the bed has been widened to 52" x 72", but given the Boler is rounded in the back, I think the mid section has an additional 4-6 " more inches...

For day Use, the back half can be left set, as a day bed of sorts, and the "c" shape sofa used for lounging or as a three way diner seating.

At night, the 26" x 30" table can be placed down and the second sleeping side be set up.
Luis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 09:19 PM   #102
Administrator

Name: Mary
Trailer: 2015 Escape 21; formerly Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
Notice: OLD THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRClaus View Post
Hi diana

just a thought it is just me and the Mrs .

i like the 16 ' so we can have the bed set up and dinnite PLUS bath room

WHEN YOU GET OLD AND YOU HAVE TO GO I LIKE IT CLOSE
Hi, Rich and Linda - the post to which you responded is dated in 2006. There's nothing wrong with reviving an old topic, but surely Diana's decision has long since been made.

Cheers!
Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 04:31 PM   #103

Name: Alex
Trailer: Bigfoot
Washington
Registry
Stumbled into 17.5 Bigfoot

We have one daughter, dog, and cat, and spent several months to find our camping solution. For us, the priority was to meet our needs and a few key wants.

Comfortable sleeping for three, and the Doberman. Ability to boondock. Quality construction that will last. Efficient design (minimize wasted space, and maximize dual purpose space).

We looked in the Class B RV category a lot. In the end we decided that they aren’t family designs except maybe the Hymer, that recently filed bankruptcy. I think a big part of the RV market is retired empty nesters, and so finding the family solution in a small footprint is a big challenge .

We almost got a Northern Lite truck camper, but at the last minute discovered that it didn’t fit the truck. The dealer had the 17.5 Bigfoot TT on the lot, and offered a great deal after the truck camper mishap.

The FB floor plan meets our needs, with a bit extra space so the kiddo can bring a friend comfortably. The quality is great for the furniture and cabinets, and the appliances are standard fare, so should be easy to fix if needed.

The point I want to share, is to take the time to define what you want and need in a camping solution. And then shop for as long as it takes, which may be a while (up to a year) but don’t put it off too long or the kids will be grown and gone. You’ll know it when you see what works... be ready to buy when you find it.

I know it’s an old thread, but maybe I’ll help someone looking for their family camping solution.
SnowballCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 06:58 AM   #104
Administrator

Name: Mary
Trailer: 2015 Escape 21; formerly Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowballCamper View Post

I know it’s an old thread, but maybe I’ll help someone looking for their family camping solution.
Resurrecting an old thread is good for continuity - especially a thread like this one. Thanks for your input, and I especially like your "don't wait too long" advice. With these small, molded fiberglass trailers, you can upgrade as you go along without too much loss of $$. (They hold their value well, especially if you don't buy new in the first place.) Happy trails!!
Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
floorplans