Fan-Tastic Vent company is -- fantastic! - Fiberglass RV


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-17-2016, 01:33 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Kai in Seattle's Avatar
 
Name: Kathleen
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973 "Peanut"
Washington
Posts: 1,516
Registry
Fan-Tastic Vent company is -- fantastic!

Last fall, we began redoing our 1973 amerigo FG-16.

A month ago we finally got to the Fan-Tastic Vent, and it didn't work.

Paul called the company and they sent us a new switch and reverse switch--for FREE.

The package arrived quickly, and he installed the switches but nothing happened.

We fretted and worried and he wired and re-wired, we discovered our converter wasn't charging the batteries so he switched that out. Didn't help.
Then last Friday afternoon, I found advice on FGRV to call them up and ask for a tech on the phone.

Monday AM Paul called. The tech sent us an e-mail PDF wiring diagram--very simple. Paul checked it all and lo and behold, the fuse was kaput..

They're sending us a brand new fuse box for free.

If you ever wondered about the Fan-Tastic Vent fans and company, we want to let you know they treated us very well. Their product is simple and they expect it to last. They didn't pause when we said it was over seven years old. "It should work!"

Fan-Tastic Vent phone: 1-800-521-0298 8 AM - 5 PM Eastern Standard Time.
__________________

__________________
Semper ubi sub ubi.
Kai in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 02:48 PM   #2
Raz
Senior Member
 
Raz's Avatar
 
Name: Raz
Trailer: Trillium 2010
Vermont
Posts: 4,063
Great news. The motor support on my Max fan broke and I have been leaning toward a Fantastic fan to replace it. Years ago people raved about Fantastic Vents customer service. I read they had been bought and the new owners had changed some of the policies. Sounds like they are back to doing business the way they used to. Thanks for the post. Raz
__________________

__________________
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 03:42 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Kai in Seattle's Avatar
 
Name: Kathleen
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973 "Peanut"
Washington
Posts: 1,516
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz View Post
Great news. The motor support on my Max fan broke and I have been leaning toward a Fantastic fan to replace it. Years ago people raved about Fantastic Vents customer service. I read they had been bought and the new owners had changed some of the policies. Sounds like they are back to doing business the way they used to. Thanks for the post. Raz


Most welcome.

When Paul was finished with the phone call, the tech asked if she could help him with anything else. He said, "You can help me get my wife's mouth closed, she's so surprised...and so am I."

I'm still surprised at how helpful they were. And so glad we have a working fan now!
__________________
Semper ubi sub ubi.
Kai in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 05:28 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Name: Steve
Trailer: Scamp 13
California
Posts: 1,418
Don't reverse direction on the fan until it comes to a complete stop or it will take out the fuse. I found that out one day when I was being very impatient.
__________________
stevebaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 06:22 PM   #5
Junior Member
 
Name: dust in
Trailer: Boler Trailer
British Columbia
Posts: 17
Fantastic Fan

I have contemplated purchasing one for my Boler because I have heard they are reliable and have options. In the end after much thought I decided to give a couple computer fans a go....Not to take the steam out ta this article but for the fun of it it all worked out rather well. Once I got it all running (a learning curve in detail) they really work well, even hooked them to a dimmer switch, although not perfect and a little on the noisy side they sure blow that air. Ah another note, after a little bit of searching I found that there is a fan , called the Silent Wing 2 , 80mm that fits in the original vent of the Boler which is silent , 14.5 db and 26/44.3 cfi. about half of what I installed. Not bad in my opinion for DIY situation. Price is $45 per. Any way thankyou for the space here to add the alternative.
__________________
dust-in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 10:23 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Kai in Seattle's Avatar
 
Name: Kathleen
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973 "Peanut"
Washington
Posts: 1,516
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevebaz View Post
Don't reverse direction on the fan until it comes to a complete stop or it will take out the fuse. I found that out one day when I was being very impatient.


That's very good advice, easy to follow, easy to overlook if you don't know about it. That may be what blew the fuse in the first place! Thanks!
__________________
Semper ubi sub ubi.
Kai in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 10:33 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Kai in Seattle's Avatar
 
Name: Kathleen
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973 "Peanut"
Washington
Posts: 1,516
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by dust-in View Post
I have contemplated purchasing one for my Boler because I have heard they are reliable and have options. In the end after much thought I decided to give a couple computer fans a go....Not to take the steam out ta this article but for the fun of it it all worked out rather well. Once I got it all running (a learning curve in detail) they really work well, even hooked them to a dimmer switch, although not perfect and a little on the noisy side they sure blow that air. Ah another note, after a little bit of searching I found that there is a fan , called the Silent Wing 2 , 80mm that fits in the original vent of the Boler which is silent , 14.5 db and 26/44.3 cfi. about half of what I installed. Not bad in my opinion for DIY situation. Price is $45 per. Any way thankyou for the space here to add the alternative.


Hi, your courtesy is appreciated and so is your input.

The Fan-Tastic Vent costs about $200 and up uninstalled, so your $45 per is much cheaper.

Lots of us are great DIY-ers. Your solution sounds like a good DIY.

It's highly unlikely Paul would convert computer fans...he's great at a lot of things, but that doesn't sound like it's in his pay grade or at his patience level. So when we need another one, we'll go with Fan-Tastic Vent again.

YMMV (Your Mileage May Vary)

BEST!
__________________

__________________
Semper ubi sub ubi.
Kai in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fan-tastic vent speed/noise reduction John Linck Modifications, Alterations and Updates 17 10-25-2017 12:16 PM
Which Fan-Tastic Fan? (for a 1985 Casita) rebeccasf Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners 23 05-13-2015 03:13 PM
Fan-tastic Fan Seller - Best Price I Found barryra General Chat 1 07-11-2011 05:51 PM
Fan-Tastic Vent Speed Mod Patrick M. Modifications, Alterations and Updates 7 03-06-2008 12:40 AM
Fan-tastic fan Ken&Chris Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners 13 04-11-2006 08:15 PM

» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.