Fantastic Fans - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-22-2013, 09:39 AM   #21

Name: Mike
Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Oklahoma
I use my Maxx fan a lot. One time stands out in my mind, when heading to the mountains I can't get out of the heat the first day (too far to drive) so my first night on that trip I boondocked in the Rita Blanca National Grassland. It was low 90s when I stopped and dropped to mid 70s by morning. Without the fan I would have definitely needed AC, which for me means a campsite with electric.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 11:00 AM   #22

Trailer: Escape 17 ft Plan B
Registry
One of the things I like about it is I can set it for a reasonable temperature & leave the trailer in the morning - the fan won't be running. As the day warms up, the fan starts, and adjusts its speed to do its best to keep the trailer temperature at the thermostat setting. Great for saving your batteries since you don't run it any more or faster than necessary.

By the way, on the lowest speed setting it is barely audible, but still moves air...
Jon Vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 02:29 PM   #23

Trailer: Trillium 4500
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Vermilye View Post
One of the things I like about it is I can set it for a reasonable temperature & leave the trailer in the morning - the fan won't be running. As the day warms up, the fan starts, and adjusts its speed to do its best to keep the trailer temperature at the thermostat setting.
I never thought about that, good idea.
Steve Hammel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 04:38 PM   #24
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Fans cool you by evaporative cooling, aiding the evaporation of sweat. But unless the outside air is cooler than inside the trailer, it will not cool the trailer. I am missing the advantage of the thermostat on my maxx fan. Raz
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 05:42 PM   #25

Name: Chuck
Trailer: tp
Washington
I like our Max/Fan we leave it on low day and night it helps keep the moisture out of the inside of the trailer. We use the fan more and the AC less. But we do not live where it is blazing hot either.
Chuck
FTTRV is offline   Reply With Quote