Fantastic Fans - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 03-21-2013, 05:57 PM   #15

Name: Michael
Trailer: Li'l Hauley
Oklahoma
I've heard that FF's customer service is fantastic, too. That said, I bought the Maxx... the one that has the fan up above the trailer in a cover. It reduces fan noise slightly. Really either one will do the job well, but having a vent cover is a significant advantage IMO because the thing can be left open, fan running, even when rain comes up.

Mine has temp control, which can be nice for leaving it on at bedtime but having it go off by itself in the middle of the night when it gets too cold. How much that would mean to you, only you wouild know.

How much time do we have left? 2 Chr. 7:14
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 06:41 PM   #16

Name: Chuck
Trailer: tp
Washington
Last summer I installed a Max/Fan in a Bigfoot 21 and a Bigfoot 19. Both have built in covers that keep the rain out. When completely closed the Max/Fan has a lower profile. I sold one to a Scamp 16 owner.
Chuck

Old 03-22-2013, 06:03 AM   #17

Name: Steve
Trailer: Bigfoot, Trillium, Scamp 5th Wheel
Spokane Wa. and Las Vegas, Nv.
Registry
At the moment I have no fan whatsoever. I do have an air conditioner but must be plugged in to use it. Do you really believe these fans are worth it? I notice they have temperature controls. Do they appreciatively lower the temp?
Old 03-22-2013, 06:45 AM   #18

Name: jim
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape19 Prairie Schooner pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Yes, with a window open they will create a breeze thru your unit and shut off automatically, similar to the a/c and back on again if the temperature rises. A lot of persons who live above the parallel only need the fan and not the a/c.
Old 03-22-2013, 07:12 AM   #19
Raz

Name: Raz
Trailer: Trillium 2010
Vermont
What I found is with a Trillium you have too many windows. You will need to close all but one window to feel the breeze. We don't have air conditioning. We leave the window fan running on low blowing across the sleeping area. When it's really hot we leave the Maxx fan on blowing in for the dog. Raz
Old 03-22-2013, 07:26 AM   #20

Name: Kinga DeRode
Trailer: For Sale Or Rent
Rooms to Let 50 Cents
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Hammel View Post
At the moment I have no fan whatsoever. I do have an air conditioner but must be plugged in to use it. Do you really believe these fans are worth it? I notice they have temperature controls. Do they appreciatively lower the temp?
They appreciably lower the perceived temperature, due to wind chill. And in a closed up, hot trailer they lower the real temperature pretty fast to near ambient.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:39 AM   #21

Name: Michael
Trailer: Li'l Hauley
Oklahoma
I use my Maxx fan a lot. One time stands out in my mind, when heading to the mountains I can't get out of the heat the first day (too far to drive) so my first night on that trip I boondocked in the Rita Blanca National Grassland. It was low 90s when I stopped and dropped to mid 70s by morning. Without the fan I would have definitely needed AC, which for me means a campsite with electric.
How much time do we have left? 2 Chr. 7:14
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:00 PM   #22

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2017 Escape 21
Oswego, NY
Registry
One of the things I like about it is I can set it for a reasonable temperature & leave the trailer in the morning - the fan won't be running. As the day warms up, the fan starts, and adjusts its speed to do its best to keep the trailer temperature at the thermostat setting. Great for saving your batteries since you don't run it any more or faster than necessary.

By the way, on the lowest speed setting it is barely audible, but still moves air...
Jon Vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 03:29 PM   #23

Name: Steve
Trailer: Bigfoot, Trillium, Scamp 5th Wheel
Spokane Wa. and Las Vegas, Nv.
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Vermilye View Post
One of the things I like about it is I can set it for a reasonable temperature & leave the trailer in the morning - the fan won't be running. As the day warms up, the fan starts, and adjusts its speed to do its best to keep the trailer temperature at the thermostat setting.
I never thought about that, good idea.
Old 03-22-2013, 05:38 PM   #24
Raz

Name: Raz
Trailer: Trillium 2010
Vermont
Fans cool you by evaporative cooling, aiding the evaporation of sweat. But unless the outside air is cooler than inside the trailer, it will not cool the trailer. I am missing the advantage of the thermostat on my maxx fan. Raz
Old 03-22-2013, 06:42 PM   #25

Name: Chuck
Trailer: tp
Washington
I like our Max/Fan we leave it on low day and night it helps keep the moisture out of the inside of the trailer. We use the fan more and the AC less. But we do not live where it is blazing hot either.
Chuck