Fantastic Vent vs. Fantastic Fan - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-29-2008, 06:31 PM   #1

Trailer: U-Haul VT16 1985
Has anyone checked out the Fantastic Vent (about $90 delivered on e-bay) and compared it to the authentic Fantastic Fan (outrageously expensive!)?
Ami P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 07:35 PM   #2

Trailer: Y2K6 Bigfoot 25 ft (25B25RQ) & Y2K3 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
They're known as fantastic fans, but the product name is actually "Fantastic Vent".

There are other brands such as MaxxAir.

Roger
Roger H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 09:02 PM   #3

Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft / Dodge 3500HD 4X4 Jake Brake
I had a tree strike and need to replace my vent. I decided to go with a power fan. It looks like from Roger's links that the Fantastic Fan gets a slightly greater air volume. Maxxair at 900 cfm to Fantastic at 920 cfm. Probably not enough to worry about. I really like the way the NEW Maxxair folds down really flat against the roof.
Bigfoot Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 12:03 AM   #4

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Quote:
Has anyone checked out the Fantastic Vent (about $90 delivered on e-bay) and compared it to the authentic Fantastic Fan (outrageously expensive!)?
Hi: The MaxxFan gets my vote as well. Being able to stay open in the pouring rain with the integral rain hood is great along with the slim line fold down, was why I installed one in our former Boler and just another reason I liked the Escape trailer!!!
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 08:52 AM   #5

Trailer: Eggcamper 2007 ('Wolf's Lair')
I installed a MaxxFan on my EggCamper. Also installed a WindowMaxx on the starboard side window. It gives great ventilation and allows me to keep the window open in the rain (not that we have been getting much rain here this summer!). The low profile of the MaxxFan when it is closed was a big selling point with me. It fits the style of the camper. And it doesn't require an additional rain cover.

BTW - I checked all the local RV parts outlets before buying the MaxxFan and found price differences of over $60. I asked the supplier with the lowest price if they would be going on sale soon and he told me they would in the fall. About 5 minutes later he walked up and said he would sell me one for the upcoming sale price. Saved another $25.

Anyway, I highly recommend the MaxxFan and the WindowMaxx.

Orlen Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 11:33 AM   #6

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Hi: The MaxxFan gets my vote as well. Being able to stay open in the pouring rain with the integral rain hood is great along with the slim line fold down, was why I installed one in our former Boler and just another reason I liked the Escape trailer!!!
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
I agree with Alf-----I am at present time sitting in 30c weather. Last night it was very hot when we got back to trailer. I ran unit on low setting all night and it worked real well. Trailer was cool all night. No need to use my A/C.