Fiberglass Cleaner and Polish - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-27-2007, 04:45 PM   #21

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel ('ye ole bucket')
I bought the Gel Gloss at Homedepot yesterday and went out this morning and at least got the roof done.. ( after 4 hrs) that included the washing... It doesnt shine but at least the oxidation powder if gone. it feels slick now, but far from shinny.. I used a buffer but guess i dont have any oomph in the oophf-fa!! tomarrow morning looks to be coolish so i will at least get the top half done..
I ran out of steam.!!!
Christine V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 07:15 PM   #22

Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe
Quote:
It is not excellent but OUTSTANDING!

I've seen the results on a 17 feet Trillium and 3 years after first application it was still first class. I have done my 13 feet Trillium this year. A long but very easy process. Each year you have to clean the surface (20 minutes) and apply two finishing coats (40 minutes total). That's it that's all.

My Trillium was in a very bad condition. I suppose that nobody ever applied anything during the last 20 years. It looks like new now!
Just got on this site...we have a Casita and I have used Gel Gloss spray and Nu Finish ...now Turtle Wax...Do you think using Turtle Wax (primarily a car wax is bad for fiberwax? Seems to shine but takes some elbo grease.
What was the product you used?

Larry..Sacramento
Larry Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 07:20 PM   #23

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
I would only use a product thats made for fiberglass.Turtle wax in my books would be a no no.
Old 07-30-2007, 08:35 PM   #24

Trailer: Boler 1984
I have used NU FINISH car polish for about 20 years now. Have used it on cars, trucks, boats, canoes, kayaks and even polished the plexiglass windows and crome belly-band on the trailer. It's mild enough that it doesn't rub off the finish on painted surfaces but a good rubbing will take the small scratches off the plastic. It's available from CTC and a lot $cheaper$ than many big name brands.
I guess I sound like a commercial but it is one of the best I've found for the $buck$
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 08:40 PM   #25

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
I have used NU FINISH car polish for about 20 years now. Have used it on cars, trucks, boats, canoes, kayaks and even polished the plexiglass windows and crome belly-band on the trailer. It's mild enough that it doesn't rub off the finish on painted surfaces but a good rubbing will take the small scratches off the plastic. It's available from CTC and a lot $cheaper$ than many big name brands.
I guess I sound like a commercial but it is one of the best I've found for the $buck$
I think Nu Finish is also recommended for FG.
Old 07-31-2007, 10:58 AM   #26

Trailer: Boler 1984
Yup!
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 06:39 AM   #27

Trailer: Glendale
I have used Vertglass successfully on my 18' boat and decided to try the end caps on my trailer, worked great, nice shine and looks much better.
Those folks looking for vertglass in Canada, check out blyacht.com I have ordered from them and they are excellent. Price is around $70 for the kit.
Hope this helps.
Jim Leonard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 09:15 AM   #28

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel ('ye ole bucket')
Quote:
have used NU FINISH car polish for about 20 years now.
Yep its a good product. i used it on my cars and on the other trailer too. i think it did just as good a job as the Gel Gloss.... The Gel Gloss did a good job... removed alot of the oxidation. but it really needs a professional detail to make it shine more than it does or new paint.. but thats out of the question....
Christine V is offline   Reply With Quote