Fiberglass cracks? - Fiberglass RV

Old 08-19-2017, 06:38 AM   #1

Name: Jeanne
Trailer: Burro
New Jersey
Fiberglass cracks?

I am so sorry to create another thread for something that has probably been spoken of before, but I cannot seem to work the search right... I come up with hundreds of threads and then can't find the actual info.

Anyway, what do you do for small cracks in the fiberglass... we have a burro and there is about a 2" crack at the bottom of the doorway on the left side... It appears to have been "repaired" before, but it is cracking again. I mean, as we travel around, are we to expect more and more cracking? Our trailer is a 1999. There is also about a 1/2" crack under the back window... That one is not separated, nor repaired and seems like it's just a small stress crack... Anyway, should I panic cuz there are these cracks or are they repairable...

Thanking you in advance for any info you can provide.

Old 08-19-2017, 07:23 AM   #2

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 Std
Arizona
Registry
This is THE go-to thread on fiberglass repair for beginners.
You Can Repair Fiberglass

Old 08-19-2017, 07:47 AM   #3

New Jersey
Thank You

thank you!
Old 08-19-2017, 08:46 AM   #4

Name: Jack L
Trailer: Bigfoot B-17 CB
Washington
The first thing I would do is check the frame and surrounding structural parts of the body. Cracks around the door are often signs of structural issues. If this is the case here, just repairing the cosmetic issues not solve the real issue.
Old 08-23-2017, 05:33 PM   #5

New Jersey
We've checked it out top to bottom... doesn't seem to be anything structural... maybe it was at some point? but it's not getting bigger according to the husband... seems like it could be from the hanging step causing stress... i do think someone heavy owned it at some point... like maybe 300lbs...