Fiberglass Repair - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-20-2008, 05:25 PM   #1

Trailer: 1970 Campster
My trailer has spider cracks around the windows, a crunched bellyband under the front window, various dings on the front from flying debris, and a hole about the size of a kidney bean that actually goes clear through the wall of the trailer. If my memory serves me right-- which it only occassionally does--someone posted a detailed tutorial about how to repair these issues that included some neat tricks on working with fiberglass mats (cutting, etc.). I've searched through 1.5 years of posts and can't find it. Does anyone have any suggestions? IMHO, it would be great if a detailed "Dummies" tutorial on fiberglass repair was added to the "How to" tutorials.
Lisa H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 08:20 PM   #2

Trailer: 1974 Trillium 13 ft
Hi Lisa,

How about this one?

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/board/in...howtopic=16554

I myself am a big fan of white Marine-Tex epoxy putty for small holes and dings. Does a great job for something the size of a kidney bean, but maybe not quite the size of, umm, a kidney.
Old 07-20-2008, 10:40 PM   #3

Trailer: 1970 Campster
Thank you, Daniel!!! It looks like the Marine Tex is just what I need. Their website had great information on how to apply the product for a variety applications.
Lisa H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 11:38 PM   #4

Trailer: 2005 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Registry
You can also buy small tubes of "epoxy putty" at Lowes or Home Depot.
peterh is offline   Reply With Quote