FiberglassRV Brand Comparison Chart - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 04-25-2006, 04:10 PM   #15

Trailer: 2002 Casita Freedom Deluxe / 2007 Nissan Frontier King Cab
Quote:
If we extrapolate that based on 18 standard models for each of 5 brands, that would be, huh, eleventy-seven columns.
That's what I got, too.

Old 04-25-2006, 08:53 PM   #16

Trailer: 1980 Trillium 1400
Send a message via AIM to Al-Nelson Send a message via MSN to Al-Nelson
Quote:
Check it out...

Brand Comparison Chart

Thanks Thane Lundberg for gathering this info together.

How do I get to this chart? When I click on the link, I just get:

"FiberglassRV Comparisons April 2006
Compiled to the best of one of the members ability. No guarantee of accuracy.

This chart is being reviewed and the approach is being reconsidered.

It may be best to place all this information on each Brand Link on the Home page. If you would like to help gather information for a Brand please let me know. Thank You,

Mike Sanders - webguy "

Old 04-25-2006, 09:24 PM   #17

Name: Mike
Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft
Check out...

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/board/index.ph...ndpost&p=182213

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/board/index.ph...ndpost&p=182248
Old 04-25-2006, 10:01 PM   #18

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
> How about including the various models of each current manufacturer and group them by size?

I think that is a good idea, as for exemple, somebody interested by a 13' may probably be less interested to compare it with a 17' or a 19' fifth wheels.
Old 04-25-2006, 10:26 PM   #19

Trailer: Escape
When we were first in the market for a trailer I spoted a Scamp while traveling down the highway in Montana. When home I started looking on the internet for the Scamp and found it plus fibreglass RV. From fibreglass rv I found Casita and Escape. All my comparison shopping was done on line from their web sites. Escape to me had the best visual presentation and it was only around 500 miles from north central Idaho so that is what we bought. We got the bathroom, my wife and my bladder made that decision. I will say tho that between my claustrophobia and the size of the bathroom that's where the name Escape came from. Jerry
Old 04-26-2006, 07:24 AM   #20
Suz

Trailer: 1989 Casita Spirit Deluxe
Registry
They are all great trailers and they all have their pros and cons depending on each person's needs. A plus for one might be a no-can-do for another. That's why we usually try and steer clear of comparisons. For instance, for me at 5'7", the 5'10" ceiling is just fine. However, many people who come into my trailer have their head sideways because the ceiling is too low. I wouldn't be able to stand up for my shower in the Scamp side bath nor the Escape. This is important to me, so I can't have one of those because I DO use the bath and the shower. However, to someone who is not as tall as I, it wouldn't make any difference.

I could go on ad nauseam, but we've been down that road a lot. I'm not sure what the answer is ... which is probably why we've never done one before.
Old 04-26-2006, 08:03 AM   #21

Trailer: 73 Surfside 14 / '05 Magnum RT AWD
Quote:
I will say tho that between my claustrophobia and the size of the bathroom that's where the name Escape came from. Jerry
Thanks for the laugh. That picture this created in my head is so funny. I use to have a Ford Escape and thought it was named more for the ability to get away from it all an assumed the trailer was named Escape for the same reason.
Old 04-26-2006, 11:35 AM   #22

Name: Brian
Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
Alberta
Quote:
They are all great trailers and they all have their pros and cons depending on each person's needs. A plus for one might be a no-can-do for another. That's why we usually try and steer clear of comparisons...
I can certainly see avoiding judgements, but presenting comparative data is valuable precisely because people have different needs. That data allows each person to find the trailer which suits them best, as they pay attention to the aspects which are important to them.

I still look forward to seeing the data which has been collected, and to some solution which allows this information to be shared without making too much work for anyone, but I'm not expecting anyone to make decisions for me, such as whether the ceiling height is tall enough, or if the A/C is the right size.

Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote