Flooring - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 11-04-2009, 08:50 AM   #15

Trailer: 1984 U-Haul
bruce, scott
Do you guys have any pictures of the Allure installed?
I think I want to use it beacause of the light weight, easy install, and water resistance.

Old 11-04-2009, 09:11 AM   #16

Trailer: Boler
Morning.
When my DW and I built our house a few years ago, we got laminate from Restore, the sales outlet for Habitat for Humanity. I wasn't too concerned about patterns, so it was installed randomly (my TV room/office is only 8 foot, 6 inches a side!) and, for me, that remains a good look. And the cost? bugger all, really. I'm looking to them for cupboard handles; Home Depot sells the ones we currently have in our kitchen for 10-12 bucks a piece. Restore? About a buck! If you have one in your area, give'm a try. Well worth the effort, and, hey, you get a good deal for your little house on wheels, some lucky family will get a good deal on a roof over their heads!

Old 11-04-2009, 10:31 AM   #17

Name: Scott
Trailer: 1975 Surfside TM14 (front kitchen)
Manitoba
Registry
Send a message via MSN to Scott S. Send a message via Yahoo to Scott S.
I think this is hickory Allure?
I still think this is a great way to go. 2 years old and still looks like new. only thing is the dark color shows dirt. I still love the look regardless
Attached Thumbnails
newfloor.jpg  
Old 11-04-2009, 10:59 AM   #18

Scott S
Thanks for the picture.
Looks great. I'm going to try the Allure.
I'll post some pics in a couple of weeks when I'm done.
Old 11-04-2009, 11:52 AM   #19

Name: marvonw
Trailer: 1978 Trillium 13 ft
Great Lakes area-US
Quote:
bruce, scott
...any pictures of the Allure installed?
Here's what ours looks like. Installed this past summer. It is "Country Pine".

Click image for larger version

Name:	Late_Summer___09_002.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	24848

Name:	Late_Summer___09_006.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	24849

Name:	Late_Summer___09_008.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	24850

In the picture looking under the dinette, can you tell that way in the back I used another company's vinyl that is sold in pieces? It is narrower, thinner, and 100% "peel and stick"; so you wouldn't want to use it on the whole floor, but I only needed two pieces of it! No one will ever see it.
Old 11-04-2009, 06:37 PM   #20

Trailer: 1981 Boler 13 ft / 2005 Dodge Caravan
Registry
We used the oak Trafficmaster Allure in our Boler.It was very easy to install and it soooo easy to keep clean.Got it on sale at Home Depost for $20.00 a box.As others have said you need more than one box for a 13' trailer but even so I think it a great deal,even if you have to pay regular price.
Attached Thumbnails
dinette_2.jpg  
Old 11-04-2009, 07:00 PM   #21

Name: Bruce T
Trailer: Compact jr
Indiana
Registry
Quote:
bruce, scott
I think I want to use it beacause of the light weight, easy install, and water resistance.
mines going in by the weekend i think but theres pics on here of it i thinkk...not sure really.......Bruce
Old 11-05-2009, 10:07 AM   #22

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
We have a Casita 17 SD. Installed the least expensive laminate from Home Depot.

Installed over the original carpet. Easy to install, cheap less the thirty dollars worth of material.
Attached Thumbnails
169A3115_copy.jpg   169A3117_copy_copy.jpg  

169A3118_copy.jpg  
Old 11-05-2009, 10:21 AM   #23

The Laminate floor looks great.
I'm concerned with the thickness of it at the door opening on the UHaul.
The inner panel on the door hangs low and it may not clear the laminte flooring.
Old 11-05-2009, 12:00 PM   #24

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Hi Gary,

The laminate is 5/16th thickness. Another suggestion is to use linoleum. It is thinner and works just as well as the wood for wear and easy of cleaning the trailer.
Hope this helps.
Old 11-06-2009, 11:48 PM   #25

Trailer: 1983 Scamp 13 ft Standard
Quote:
<div align="left">Anyone have any expierences with Having that snap together laminate Flooring Like for a house?

I was thinking of installing it but a friend of mine said that it might flex to much and fail.

he suggested vinyl flooring that looks like wood

[/quote]
I ripped the nasty old carpet out of my 13' Scamp and put down faux hardwood. I love it. It was just too easy to put it in too! I bought 2 packs of what Lowes had on sale at the time and sunk around $50 in the project, and had plenty to work with. I don't know what you're friend was referring to about flex, unless they were thinking you were going to replace the solid floor. No...just lay the flooring on the floor and thats it.

I can't understand why anyone would want to put carpet in something that may be used where there's nothing but sand or dirt. Now all I have to do is shake out the little throw rug and a few sweeps with the broom and my floor is CLEAN!
Old 11-07-2009, 08:18 AM   #26

Name: james
Trailer: Boler 1984
Ontario
We just did a small downstairs washroom using Alure. Of course I ran short and needed just two more pieces. I went back to Home Depot and asked whether they had a "Broken "package and the staff GAVE me two pieces as SAMPLES. Can't thank them enough.
Old 11-16-2009, 05:54 PM   #27

Name: Rick
Trailer: former Boler, now 1980 Trillium 4500
British Columbia
Registry
Cool

Quote:
Hi Karen,

The campgrounds here are excellent. Check the BC Parks page for more information

As lydia mentioned the BC Ferries website explains all the fee structures. One thing to note is that 7' is considered overheight on the ferries and it's an extra 1/3 if you are over that. My Trillium is 7'2 so with that and 2 adults 2 kids and being 30 feet long we are around $150 each way on the ferry.
Yes, I am from the Island originally, but now live in Edmonton, Alberta. Last summer we took our Boler over for a ten day trip to visit relatives and friends on the Island. The ferry cost depends on when you go. We were able to get mid week prices of about $90 for my wife and I with the Boler (30 foot overall length with our 97 Aerostar tow vehicle) but we had to return on a weekend with an extra child (long story) and it was $152. So, if you have flexibility you can often get a better price.

Also, the campgrounds are generally nice, although we only stayed in a couple because we mostly stayed with relatives or friends on their lands. I really liked the campground on the Island highway at Nanoose Bay, and also one at downtown Ucluelet, on the west coast of the Island. I would highly recommend the five mile or so hike around the Ucluelet coast on the Wild Pacific Trail, passing by the graveyard of the Pacific. Fantastic scenery, and free. Have fun.

Rick G.
Old 04-07-2010, 03:07 PM   #28

Name: Bruce T
Trailer: Compact jr
Indiana
Registry
Quote:
bruce, scott

I'll put pics up later if i can figure out how...the floor looks great and was easy to install I guess....my son did it and he makes the uneven corners and measurements on the uhaul look easy.(theyre not straight everywhere because its an inner molding I think)..anyhow ill try for the pics later...Bruce