Fuses for 2012 Scamp 13er - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-29-2013, 05:51 PM   #1

Name: Wendy Lee
Trailer: Scamp 13' Standard
New York
Registry
Fuses for 2012 Scamp 13er

Hi Everybody, Hoping You Are Happy and Well!

I wondered if anyone here has had to replace fuses in their Scamp and if so, are they the standard or mini fuses? I was going to get a small supply from my auto parts store, as the previous owner of my trailer just sent me something through the mail (which he forgot to include) that lists the fuses needed for appliances and other what-not in the trailer. I have a 2012 Scamp 13er. Looks like many are 15 or 20 amp.

I appreciate your help as I get all my ducks in a row for spring!

Sincerely,
Wendy (CampyTime)
CampyTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 03:25 AM   #2

Trailer: 2005 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Registry
Wendy, I think it depends on how old your Scamp is. Newer Scamps use ATC-style fuses, like this: Bussman Cooper Blade Fuse Assortment 5 Count: Automotive : Walmart.com

Older Scamps may use glass fuses, like this: Bussman ACT Glass Emergency Kit with Puller: Automotive : Walmart.com
peterh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 07:14 AM   #3

New York
Registry
Thank you, PeterH. That's all I needed to know! I have a 2012, and just wanted to keep an emergency supply on hand. I'll get the ATC style. Cheers!

Wendy
Old 01-08-2014, 11:15 AM   #4

New York
Registry
Hi Peter,
I'm at Walmart and found the ATC fuses but they don't say high amp on the package. They are not mini size either. I do see am ATM pack that says high amp but they don't have the C at the end and they're mini size. Could you help some more?

Wendy
Old 01-08-2014, 11:34 AM   #5

Name: Dennis
Trailer: Scamp 16'
Utah
Registry
Go to any auto parts store. You can buy just the amperage you need and not be stuck with a box of wrong size.
Old 01-08-2014, 07:01 PM   #6

New York
Registry
Thanks everyone! I took the cheap way out...I went to my mechanic and he gave me a handful of 15 and 20 amp ATC fuses, and a couple 30's for a couple of bucks. I put them in an almond tin from Christmas and I am good to go!

Thank you to everyone who answered this post...I didn't have any replies for a while, so I thought it might be too boring to reply, but PeterH saved this thread from an untimely death!

Warm Regards,
Wendy

Tags
scamp