Gelcoat Rejuvinator Applications...any good? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-04-2006, 06:55 PM   #21

Trailer: 1300 Trillium
I don't know. The manual says for use on fiberglass, stainless steel, aluminum, metal flake, brass, and plastic, but most impressive on gel coat that has lost its luster due to oxidation. It brought the shine back to the painted trillium logo on the rock guard, tho'.
Maggie O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 07:43 PM   #22

Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft / Dodge 3500HD 4X4 Jake Brake
FYI...

My Houseboat friends love “SharkHide”. It works very well on Fiberglass, Aluminum, Copper, Brass, & Steel.

Here is their website:
<blockquote> http://www.sharkhidemarinesales.com/ </blockquote>
Check out the video.

Bigfoot Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 08:42 PM   #23

Trailer: 78 Scamp 13 ft
WOW you guys here are fantastic! A LOT of help in answering all my questions I suddenly have!!! I live here in the middle of 10,000 lakes- there is a boat store in every town! I have to go check out these products.
Deb in MN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 07:25 AM   #24

Trailer: 1999 Scamp 16 ft
Quote:
WOW you guys here are fantastic! A LOT of help in answering all my questions I suddenly have!!! I live here in the middle of 10,000 lakes- there is a boat store in every town! I have to go check out these products.
I suggest you try the Penetrol first as the stuff is about $10/quart. I treated a small spot on my '87 fiberglass boat (the Scamp gelcoat looks fine with a waxing) and the difference in the treated spot and untreated is amazing! I havn't had time to do the whole boat as yet but it hasn't ever been waxed so it's going to be a real challenge for the stuff. I did do the hood of my elderly pickup where it was sun faded almost to white (orig. dark metallic green) and it did a beautiful job on the finish (paint is basically a plastic). I picked up the Penetrol at a True Value Hardware store and I think it can be found at Home Depot. For $10 I would give it a try.
John & Sandy M is offline   Reply With Quote