Getting "new" Compact Jr Home - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-14-2010, 08:14 AM   #41

Trailer: Compact Jr
Registry
We picked up a little 'frig at Wally world. I installed it in side yard in Ohio(using son-in-law's tooks) It works too well, froze everything!!!!
Anyway, we all made it to Maine in fine shape, I had to keep checking to see if "the little house" was still behind us it pulls so well.

Old 06-21-2010, 07:18 AM   #42

Registry
Hometown is not as I remember it ( it got SMALL), Grand-daughter met my side of the family for the first time. All things being equal a good trip, until just north of Louisville,KY, the trailer started to dance. I pulled of as soon as I could, but it was already too late.
Click image for larger version

Name:	phpCgGJzfAM.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	28993
Dropped the trailer, pulled the hub (with help from two truckers, I had no tools, THX guys), left Deb to watch the trailer, got the parts at a TSC 20 miles south at LA Grange, backtracked 10 north of trailer to turn-around, Installed new hub w/ bearings, old crown-nut and washer were too bad to re-use for long. By then it was too late to get to campground so limped to a flying-J for the night (bad move). After a fitful three hours( mcD meals, little rest w/ trucks in-out) moved on to TSC, to wait for them to re-open, dropped trailer in their parking lot in morning got good breakfast. As the TSC crew came-in for the day, I was ready to finish the job, New nut and washer...More grease. We really only lost half a day of travel time, but it did change our planned stops. Found a lovely little SP in Tenn. that we would have missed other-wise. Mouse-tail Landing, close to Perryville ( Small but nice, quiet)
Stopped at M-I-L' s in the piney woods of Texas and home yesterday to unload, and clean today.
Notes to self:
1.Duck, entering /leaving trailer
2. Check hubs at every stop
3. load the tools (they do no good sitting by shed door)
4. Do this more often

Don
Attached Thumbnails
phpVMs4UMAM.jpg   phpcW0P7aAM.jpg  

Old 06-21-2010, 10:05 AM   #43

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

Quote:
Notes to self:
[b]1. Duck, entering /leaving trailer
2. Check hubs at every stop
3. load the tools (they do no good sitting by shed door)
4. Do this more often

Don
My scalp got sympathetic pains when I read that because I have bumped it so often; first on the Compact Jr. I used to own, and then on my Fiber Stream.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Entry_and_Fridge.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	135.1 KB
ID:	28997

Robert cut a piece off a pool noodle, made a sleeve out of the curtain fabric to cover it, and slid it over a dowel that we mounted over the door.
Old 06-28-2010, 01:26 PM   #44

Registry
Quote:
My scalp got sympathetic pains when I read that because I have bumped it so often; first on the Compact Jr. I used to own, and then on my Fiber Stream.

Attachment 28997

Robert cut a piece off a pool noodle, made a sleeve out of the curtain fabric to cover it, and slid it over a dowel that we mounted over the door.
Great idea! I'll get right on that
Old 07-06-2010, 09:37 AM   #45

Registry
One thing I should have mentioned before; On the trip North to OH, we were stopped at a "Flyen Hook', a county cop went past a few times slow, looking over the rig. Then stopped next to it, went around again on the other side. Well, I was getting nervous, so got out to see what was what. He had his cell out, taking pix of the trailer, was going to try to talk "someone" into going with, if he got one.
I hope it works out for him.
Old 11-01-2010, 12:35 PM   #46

Registry
R.V. There yet???
Don'n'Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 06:25 AM   #47

Trailer: 24 ft 5th Wheel Shadow Cruiser
Compact Jr. Help! I am new here,,,I am in the process of getting a Jr.,from a long time friends,,,he died a year ago & she is selling unit to me..she can,t find title,,,so working on that with state office,,,I can,t con firm year yet,,but 74-77 we think,,,out side looks pretty good,,was stored under a shed roof,,,,& frame needs paint,,but i checked & its still solid...

BUT-But heres the problem,,,,her husband had completely remove every thing from the inside,,,,I have NO idea of what it susposed to look like????

Asking all for inside pics of a completed Compact JR.?? Thanks to all I will be hanging around here with many ???s & just looking to learn..

Fun Starts soon as i get it home !! Ron
Ron Humerickhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 06:53 AM   #48

Registry
Ron,
The month/ year is on a tag lower right of front.
Inside shots now in 'Gallery' or you can use the link @ post #7 of this, (my trailer, before it was mine)
Don
Old 04-06-2011, 06:54 AM   #49

Trailer: Cloud 13 ft and Compact Jr
Hi Ron,
Your story very much like mine. So I don't have photos to send. At least we have a clean slate!
DonDeutsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 08:13 AM   #50

Thanks Guys,,I knew i could get HELP! here,,,I am 340 miles from the trailer so can not see the tag,,,& Don the Link was what i needed,,,gives me an idea of what it was,,,right now when you open door you see ground & frame !! might be a good thing,,,I can get at frame to paint,scrape,,run new lines & wires ect...but i think my shell is cleaner & better shape than yours was Don...I am FULL of ??s....but will hold off abit,,till its in my work-shop--barn....but makeing BIG plans for JR. !! I have the 5th wheel for family trips,,but JR. will be for Quick fun trips,,Just Wife & I.....the 5th wheel was a project trailer,but all fixed up now...Thanks Ron
Old 04-06-2011, 08:16 AM   #51

One more Quick ?? what is the inside size,,,wall to wall ?? so i can start figureing out my own "lay-out" ,,,any place else i can get info...like a factory site..Ect?/ Ron
Old 04-06-2011, 08:49 AM   #52

Trailer: 2009 Scamp 16 ft / 2003 Durango
Ron,
I just have to ask, which side of Mich. is the sunny side ??? LOL

Bill K
Toledo Ohio
Bill K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 10:22 AM   #53

Bill ,it the East Side,,should have said Sun Rise Side,,,near AuGres...will try to edit it. Ron
Old 04-06-2011, 06:48 PM   #54

Trailer: 2009 Scamp 16 ft / 2003 Durango
Thank You. )

Bill K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Humerickhouse View Post
Bill ,it the East Side,,should have said Sun Rise Side,,,near AuGres...will try to edit it. Ron
Bill K is offline   Reply With Quote