Getting "new" Compact Jr Home - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-15-2010, 08:42 AM   #21

Trailer: Compact Jr
Registry
Joe,
It is not so well equipped any more, the refrigerator was removed before we got it. (But I have the booklet for it , so know what to look for to replace it with. ) I may just take to one out of tent trailer (top will not pop-up any more).
Old 03-29-2010, 09:00 AM   #22

Trailer: 1970 (Circa) Compact Jr and 1993 Casita
I saw your before pictures-thought I was looking at our before pictures. Same green oven and same heater and cabinets. We have put in a new refrigerator, new cushion covers. I was going to paint the oven but haven`t yet. Going to use the oven for storage. Not going to use propane so will take out the furnance, more storage space. Will also do some new wiring and plumbing (hubby`s job). New canvas top and decals before June. Getting her all fixed up for the Kansas Rally.
Ricky 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 10:32 PM   #23

Trailer: 13 ft Compact II
Registry
Hi Richard,
Where are you planning to get decals? I have a Compact II that needs new ones.

Thanks,
Fran
francene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 05:39 AM   #24

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Hi Richard,

Thanks,
Fran
Scott S created a file you can take to a sign shop. Put the PDF on a disk/CD... don't take a printed copy. A sign shop can open the file and make what you need. Click this topic:
Compact II vinyl logo, note the ones he had made are all gone and no longer available.
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 01:21 PM   #25

Trailer: 1973 Hunter Compact Jr
Does anyone have a pic of the colors used on the side placques? Mine are restorable but all white plastic
Dave Bese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 04:15 AM   #26

Trailer: 1973 Compact Jr and 1980 Bigfoot 17 ft
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Tom Trostel Send a message via MSN to Tom Trostel
I think all "Compact Jr." name plaques were originally white with black lettering. Mine are white even though they're on a trailer that was originally green.
Old 05-03-2010, 12:02 PM   #27

Registry
Well, I tried something that was suggested on another site. Get my hands on a low power pressure washer, after bushing the trailer with a 'Tide' solution, waiting half hour washed it off with 800 psi washer (staying clear of all openings) Before and after first try Paint is still peeling, I'm going to bush some more 'Tide' on
Attached Thumbnails
phpjMNRQLPM.jpg   phpQ5WvoyPM.jpg  

Old 05-03-2010, 12:42 PM   #28

Trailer: 1970 (Circa) Compact Jr and 1993 Casita
Sorry-I don`t know how I missed this post.
We are going to a local sign shop, I think, I believe it is Fastsign. I have also seen many neat decals on ebay.but like to see them in person. We have the Compact Jr. plaque on the camper but want some neat decals on the side.

Going to get new canvas replacement for the top in a color but not sure which color. A gal that does upholstery and has done much work for our family will make the top replacement for us. Have been doing research on rip stop material. Not sure what we will get right now but need to get something quick. Has anyone got any ideas?

When I can get hubby to load the pictures I want to show off our Compact Jr. A relative said why share pictures with the others on the site-they know what the camper looks like. They obviously don`t know anything about owning a fiberglass rv.
These little trailers become part of you and your family and owners personalize them inside and out-we really like our little compact condo!

Quote:
Hi Richard,

Thanks,
Fran
Ricky 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 10:01 PM   #29

Trailer: 13 ft Compact II
Registry
Thanks for the belated reply. I will get a compact II decal made eventually.

About the pop-top: I removed my pop-top, hardware and all, as well as the original fabric. I used that as a pattern to sew a new top. I used a fabric that was a canvas-like material with a coated backing, so it is waterproof. I found it at Walmart. They have it in a few colors. Get a little more than you figure in case of error. I got a heavy clear vinyl shower curtain also at WM to use for the window cover flaps, sewn at the bottom and velcro'd on the sides and top. 'Windows' were made of screen material. The project involved LOTS of measuring and sewing. I enjoyed doing it and it came out pretty well.

Good luck on your trailer project!
Attached Thumbnails
pop_topfab.jpg   pop_topfab2.jpg  

francene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 01:50 AM   #30

Trailer: 1972 Compact Jr
Registry
Quote:
Scott S created a file you can take to a sign shop. Put the PDF on a disk/CD... don't take a printed copy. A sign shop can open the file and make what you need. Click this topic:
Compact II vinyl logo, note the ones he had made are all gone and no longer available.
Yeah...he did a great job. I managed to get in on that Compact Jr. logo order. The decals look great. Now, if I can just get the trailer in good enough shape to stick 'em on!

"Nowhere to be and all day to get there." - The Bills
JenPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 07:10 AM   #31

Registry
Deb is out of the dog house for the copper tube caper; She suggested we try using NG BBQ hook-up from Lowe's. I had to buy one 3/8nst -3/8 flare to add to the hose end to connect to tank pigtail through front wall. It turns out to be a great work around. Have just the stove connected now, will add the heater connection after August, still need to get a short piece of copper or hose.
Old 05-17-2010, 12:48 PM   #32

Trailer: Compact II and Trails West Campster
Quote:
I had a fun time trying (repeat : trying ) to get my 'new' compact jr. Home to TX.
Attachment 22550
I was about a mile from the pick-up point when; well, you see I was distracted, map-quest sent me the wrong way, had to call for directions, explain to wife new route, missed a stop sign. And the Frontier is history. Got a new truck and we are heading out again Sat. after Deb gets off work.
Wish us luck!
Hi, I'm kinda new to this forum, haven't used it in over a year. I recently bought a Compact Hunter 1974 and we're starting to make some upgrades. I was particularly interested in how your A/C is mounted under the front window w/brackets attached to the bumper. Was there any framing or reinforcement where the fiberglass was cut out? Then, do your cushions still fit under the A/C on the inside?
Sherry Stephens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 08:08 PM   #33

Registry
Quote:
Hi, I'm kinda new to this forum, haven't used it in over a year. I recently bought a Compact Hunter 1974 and we're starting to make some upgrades. I was particularly interested in how your A/C is mounted under the front window w/brackets attached to the bumper. Was there any framing or reinforcement where the fiberglass was cut out? Then, do your cushions still fit under the A/C on the inside?
Sherry,
CJ had the a/c in when We bought it. The cushions fit but it is a tight fit. The a/c has a frame around it on the inside that is just attached to bottom of the window frame with L/brackets on the sides and to the seat frame the same way. I'll add pixs in the morning. I am painting (first coat of white above the band), bodywork today to fill-in holes from 'old lights'
Old 05-24-2010, 09:20 AM   #34

Registry

Click image for larger version

Name:	phpyqVNoBAM.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	28281
Attached Thumbnails
phpcvJv3NAM.jpg  
Old 05-24-2010, 09:24 AM   #35

Registry
And finished paint job

Name:	phpQtF8XPAM.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	28282
I will be adding a trim between colours.
Attached Thumbnails
phpWUiOh4AM.jpg  
Old 05-24-2010, 09:55 AM   #36

Registry
Sherry, I'm sorry I didn't get back to you before this. Here are the pixs as promised.

Name:	phpU8TGcIAM.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	28286
Attached Thumbnails
php7YUY9ZAM.jpg   phpcBKfx1AM.jpg  

Old 05-31-2010, 12:29 PM   #37

Registry
I got the new side marker lights on this morning, wired them up and after some *^#$% words got them to work.
Old 06-01-2010, 01:05 PM   #38

Registry
We will be taking off morning of 5th, for Ohio, get grand-daughter, on to Maine for a week, back to Ohio, back to Texas on 19-20th.
Guess who gets to sleep in truck or a tent!!!

Don
Old 06-01-2010, 06:50 PM   #39

Trailer: 2009 Scamp 16 ft / 2003 Durango
You don't spoil your grand kids do you ??? LOL

Bill K

Quote:
We will be taking off morning of 5th, for Ohio, get grand-daughter, on to Maine for a week, back to Ohio, back to Texas on 19-20th.
Guess who gets to sleep in truck or a tent!!!

Don
Bill K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 10:23 AM   #40

Registry
Quote:
You don't spoil your grand kids do you ??? LOL

Bill K
Not at all !!!