Glo Warm - Blue Flame/Infrared Heaters - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 10-14-2008, 10:06 AM   #15
Trailer: Scamp 16 ft and Trillium 4500
Like Gina, I want to keep our forced-air furnace but like the idea of having a small catalytic heater for our 5er. If I put one in I'll install it at the back of our trailer under the dinette table. That'll mean we can't use it to heat the trailer when we use the dinette as a bed, but since we tend to sleep in the loft and leave the dinette table up most of the time it would work for us. I guess the other option would be to install it mid-trailer just below the existing furnace, but then we'd loose out on easy access to the cabinet space there.
Peter -

If you put it back under the dinette table, you probably won't be able to sit there while using it either - it would cook your legs. These are radiant heaters, so they work by heating objects, not the air like with a furnace.

Jake Jacobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 03:45 PM   #16
Trailer: Danzer Trailer
I have one of the Kozy Heaters in my 6x10 enclosed trailer and use it only to heat the trailer b4 bed. I shut it off and use a Colman cat. heater during the night to maintain the heat. By morning it is cold again and we re light the Kozy Heater. The trailer is only 60 sq. feet but the heater is for a 300 sq foot rooms. And yes it says to use a 100 lb tank but I use the 20 lb and it works just fine.

Here is the one I use...

Russell Love is offline   Reply With Quote