Help and parts needed for a ventura - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-12-2013, 04:17 PM   #1

Name: David
Trailer: Monarch
Florida
Help and parts needed for a ventura

I have an ventura camper that I would like to restore. Any one have Info or parts that I can buy, Or helpful suggestions. Please contact me at data-k2@ hotmail.com
data-k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 04:26 PM   #2

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Welcome. If you provide a list of parts that you need, someone may have a suggestion on where to buy it.
Old 08-12-2013, 05:26 PM   #3

Trailer: 1998 Casita 17 SD
Alberta
Registry
just about everything in the ventura are off the shelf parts. Water tank is the same as a boler but different fitting placement. Let me know what you need and I can probably point you in the right direction. I have a 76 Ventura that has been "updated". Know it inside and out.

Dave
Dudley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 10:06 PM   #4

Trailer: Monarch
Florida
Needed Ventura parts

The main thing I need is an entrance door 22x66. Wouldn't mind to replace the fridge it only works on gas. And really would like to change the windows.
Thanks David.
data-k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 10:51 PM   #5

Trailer: 1998 Casita 17 SD
Alberta
Registry
The door is a pain to find! One from a truck camper might work. I ended up building one from a household plywood interior door cut down to size , I then laminated white Formica inside and out. Installed the original aluminum trim and replace the latch with a Fastec lock and sold the old one on ebay for $120 (Bargmann L400's are rare and worth a far bit).

As far as the fridge, if it works on gas then you should be able to get it working on AC and DC fairly easily. If worst case find a dead one and grab what you need. There was a great trouleshooting page but the link is dead I will see if I can find the info. There are a lot of manuals for dometic in the document center. The best bet for replacing these small fridges are ones from a tent trailer. Find someone gutting one due to moldy canvas and you can probably get one for less that $50.
Dudley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 09:09 AM   #6

Name: Greg
Trailer: Ventura
Nova Scotia
Ventura door

I'm in the process of rebuilding our Ventura door using 2 white Alpolic panels., new vertical sliding window and existing door hardware. I will order new weather striping. One problem we have is the canvas covering on the door hinge has rotted away causing the door to leak, so this will also get replaced. Alpolic is a brand name you can find more information at alpolic-northamerica.com
Turfit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ventura