Hey guys got a few questions about an old 1973 Eriba Puck - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-07-2013, 11:21 PM   #1

Name: Arman
Trailer: ERiba Puck
California
Hey guys got a few questions about an old 1973 Eriba Puck

Hey guys, my family just purchased a house and the previous owner left a 1973 Eriba Puck behind. I am looking to sell it, but want to look it over and see what kind of condition it is in, and how much I can get for it.

I wanted to know what kind of things should I look for while inspecting the Eriba in terms of rust and all that? Also, how much can I expect to get for this trailer. I am assuming it is going to need some restoration, although it looks pretty decent for the fact that it is from the 70s. Oh just to mention, just in case it helps with value. I have the pink slip.

I have taken some pics of the exterior, but need to get some of the interior once I get the key.

Thanks in advance guys
AHB900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:40 PM   #2

Trailer: 1975 Boler
Registry
Eh...Eriba's aren't that common. Most people just want Bolers and Scamps...
Maybe you'll get $100 in that condition...
I'd be willing to tow it away for free!

But seriously...Where in California are you?
Evan Friesen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:42 PM   #3

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Yo Arman, welcome to FiberglassRV. Your Eriba Puck is totally cool. We have members here that lust for that brand (Gina D., are you paying attention?) But, this forum is about ALL molded towables and the Eriba is only partially (top) molded fiberglass. We may be able to help you, but there's more and better help to be found at a forum targeting your brand here: TheSamba.com :: View topic - Eriba Pucks

Best of luck
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:49 PM   #4

California
Thanks for the replies everyone. I put it up on craigslist around 8pm today and already got somebody drooling over it, it might sell tomorrow for $1500. Is $1500 way to low for this thing? Evan I am in Burbank, CA (in other words los angeles).
Old 03-07-2013, 11:59 PM   #5

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Arman... once again check Samba. I've seen Eriba Pucks in pretty bad shape go for easily twice the amount you're asking. But, what do I know... my trailer is ALL molded!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:05 AM   #6

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Arman... once again check Samba. I've seen Eriba Pucks in pretty bad shape go for easily twice the amount you're asking. But, what do I know... my trailer is ALL molded!
Lol Donna now your making me feel bad for promising this guy the $1500 price. Im looking at Samba but not really sure where the classifieds are.
Old 03-08-2013, 12:09 AM   #7

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp (Egg Salad Annie)
Registry
well you did say ok $1500 but it was an easy sell good luck
Taylor Kissinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:14 AM   #8

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor Kissinger View Post
well you did say ok $1500 but it was an easy sell good luck

Yeah, I did say that and I am a man of my word so he can have it for $1500. If he backs out I can post it up on Samba.
Old 03-08-2013, 12:55 AM   #9

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
got my first Trillium 4500 for $2000. I told the seller that unless there was a missing wall that did not show up in the pictures, I would buy it for her advertised price. I assume that by the second time I talked to her, she had heard from several other buyers offering more. She said to me, "umm.. about the price..." and I replied, "Oh! don't worry, I know it is a really good price, I won't try to talk you down". We did not discuss it after that. I got in my van and arrived at her small town in Saskatchewan at about 3am. I slept for a few hours in the van, and was at her door that morning. She got the price she asked, the next day, and I closed the deal with cash. I got a Trillium 4500 Deluxe in great shape. Win, win.
I used to feel a little bad about this, but I have learned that there are others, on this site, that have negotiated even better deals then I did.

The OP got $1500 with no waiting, and got rid of a perceived problem. Win.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:26 AM   #10

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tilston View Post
got my first Trillium 4500 for $2000. I told the seller that unless there was a missing wall that did not show up in the pictures, I would buy it for her advertised price. I assume that by the second time I talked to her, she had heard from several other buyers offering more. She said to me, "umm.. about the price..." and I replied, "Oh! don't worry, I know it is a really good price, I won't try to talk you down". We did not discuss it after that. I got in my van and arrived at her small town in Saskatchewan at about 3am. I slept for a few hours in the van, and was at her door that morning. She got the price she asked, the next day, and I closed the deal with cash. I got a Trillium 4500 Deluxe in great shape. Win, win.
I used to feel a little bad about this, but I have learned that there are others, on this site, that have negotiated even better deals then I did.

The OP got $1500 with no waiting, and got rid of a perceived problem. Win.
Very true, took a whole hour on craigslist . Lets just hope it all works out and he takes it tomorrow.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:24 PM   #11

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
If it's not to late: An Eriba Puck we looked at was sold in Riverside about 6 monhs ago for $4000 in about the same condition. They are hot, hot, hot to VW peeps as they were originally designed to be pulled by 36 hp air cooled Beetles. As was mentioned, get thee to Samba.com, rake in the $$$$$ and buy a nice Molded Fiberglass trailer....

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 07:00 PM   #12

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Dang that will be one happy buyer! Hope who ever it is posts here of their bargain find!
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 07:40 PM   #13

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHB900 View Post
Very true, took a whole hour on craigslist . Lets just hope it all works out and he takes it tomorrow.
I am glad you feel that way. There are other perspectives though. My neighbor, who I have the greatest of respect for, sell many things online. He tells me that if he get too good of a response to an ad, he tells the callers that the item is sold, then re-lists it at a higher price.

Different strokes.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 07:43 PM   #14

Name: Jack
Trailer: '98 BURRO 17WB
Delaware
Those who know get what they want and those that don't get what they deserve. What could due diligence apply to more than to your own property, no matter how easily obtained or apparently useless? One man's trash . . . .

jack
rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:56 PM   #15

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Oklahoma
Haste makes waste. I always check around for values before posting an item for sale.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:06 PM   #16

California
Yeah it got sold today, and pretty much after reading all these posts i know i got ripped off. I actually dropped the price down to $1200, because of what I noticed when I opened the door. A lot of stuff was missing, and found the side wheel was completely flat. I also have no clue what kind of condition the axels and stuff are in, so pretty much it sold As-Is
Old 03-09-2013, 12:08 AM   #17

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
Well, look at the bright side, you're $1,200 further ahead than before you got the camper.
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 03:54 AM   #18

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam Garlow View Post
Well, look at the bright side, you're $1,200 further ahead than before you got the camper.

THats very true. Either way i come out on top..

Thanks for all the help guys/girls