Hitch mounted towel rack - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-10-2014, 09:10 AM   #21

Name: Lesa
Trailer: In the market!
Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulw View Post
Unfortunately, Chuck H isn't making any more of these... It's super light and rolls up small.
I can get you some detail pictures this weekend if you want to build your own.
Did you post the directions for making this? I didn't find them. Are you willing to share?
SimplyLesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 09:56 AM   #22

Name: Dave & Kathie
Trailer: 2013 Escape 21
Oregon
Registry
When we have our bikes the rear towel rack doesn't work well with the bike rack, plus we usually lock the bikes up to the rack while we're camped. So we just bought one of these: Laundry and Clothes Drying Rack | Made in USA | Best Drying Rack A little spendy but not that much more than the bumper mounted ones at CW. And, it's solid maple, made is US. Folds up small, not very heavy (you can use it to dry clothes, herbs or noodles at home, although Dave hasn't made noodles in years - maybe he'll get inspired ).

Kathie

Dave and Kathie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 10:05 AM   #23

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
I do not use the receiver for bikes and it came with the trailer so regardless of 2" or 1.25 inch size Ideally there is a drying rack one that will work.
Old 08-10-2014, 10:19 AM   #24

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Dave and Kathie,

That's an interesting rack. If you're following campground rules, as many site members know I'm not a rule follower, clothes lines are to be part of the RV.

The rack I made and use is less than $10 and takes a minute to set up and never blows over.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 08:04 AM   #25

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17 ft
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyLesa View Post
Did you post the directions for making this? I didn't find them. Are you willing to share?
Hi Lesa,
I didn't make it - its welded aluminum and beyond my skillset - but I can post some detailed pictures if you have a welder.
paulw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 07:00 PM   #26

Oregon
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by honda03842 View Post
Dave and Kathie,

That's an interesting rack. If you're following campground rules, as many site members know I'm not a rule follower, clothes lines are to be part of the RV.

The rack I made and use is less than $10 and takes a minute to set up and never blows over.
Actually we have rarely seen rules about a clothes line being a part of an RV. But campground rules can be all over the place depending on who owns and operates them. Most places we have camped don't want you using the trees. Other than that we haven't seen any strict reinforcement of clothes drying as long as you are being reasonable. Whatever works for folks.
Kathie

Old 08-11-2014, 08:10 PM   #27

Florida
As an aside we've visited the Rawlings homestead at Cross Creek, read all her books. The homestead is in rural Florida, a part of Florida most tourists do not visit. It's a hoot and worth the trip. It definitely stimulates you to read all the books

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
Old 08-11-2014, 09:24 PM   #28

Name: Tom
Michigan
I thought she lived in England? Is she a snow bird too? Maybe she's keeping an eye on the Harry Potter site at Universal Studios.

Tom
TomK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 06:12 AM   #29

Florida
MK Rawlings was a very American woman. Her books are well worth reading telling of another time in Florida and America. A well as her fiction, the story of her life is equally interesting. The following is a link to her homestead/statepark

Welcome to Florida State Parks

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
Old 08-13-2014, 06:31 AM   #30

Name: Deborah
Trailer: Prius camping - want an Oliver
Virginia
I think there's a name confusion. MK Rawlings (American) wrote The Yearling, and JK Rowling (British) wrote the Harry Potter series.
Old 08-13-2014, 06:33 AM   #31

Michigan
Thanks Norm. That clears it up. I'll have to read the book and visit the park. We visited a couple State Parks S.E. of St Pete when we were there last April. They seem to have some really nice ones. We were impressed.

I see now one author is spelled Rawlings and one is Rowling.

Tom
Old 08-13-2014, 06:58 AM   #32

Florida
Florida has great state parks and lots of them. A couple you might like are Homosassa Springs State Park, no camping there but nearby Crystal River does have camping. As well there are a number of county parks, Fort Desoto not far from St Pete is a county park that is a whole island accessible by bridge.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
Old 08-13-2014, 08:29 AM   #33

Michigan
Norm, you're the third person to recommend Fort DeSota. We will be sure to visit there this winter. I'll look up Homosassa Springs SP as well.

To prevent a total hijack of this thread, I want to check out your bumper mounted clothes line this winter in FL. Hehe

Tom
Old 08-15-2014, 07:41 PM   #34

Oregon
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by honda03842 View Post
As an aside we've visited the Rawlings homestead at Cross Creek, read all her books. The homestead is in rural Florida, a part of Florida most tourists do not visit. It's a hoot and worth the trip. It definitely stimulates you to read all the books
Hate to get off track too but we love her stuff. Have you seen her cookbook and also the movie Cross Creek? Would love to visit the homestead one day. If you are interested in the area 'A Land Remembered' by Patrick Smith is an entertaining read.

Old 08-15-2014, 10:22 PM   #35

Name: Chuck
Trailer: tp
Washington
I have one similar to Paul's. Mine was the first one made. Later versions were changed. The cost to make them was to much. They would have to sell for $200.00 and not many people would fork over that much. They were handmade in the USA by a Veteran.
FTTRV is offline   Reply With Quote