Horse Power from Horses?????? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 11-18-2009, 09:08 AM   #15

Trailer: *Percheron
Send a message via Yahoo to Jim Manley
Quote:
Jim
Stupid? Who am I to say?
Crazy? FOR SURE! Like all the horse folk I know,that is what I like about the idea.
I am close to the most famous draft horses here,I think they drink the product myself as the Clydesdales are pretty high-strung.

Where are you here in the Show-Me state?
I am in STL,I have a Fiberstream I will be selling and who knows?
At the very least you are welcome to check it out.

Also I would think it will be a no-brainer to network with other horse people along the way and camp for free at their barns as you go.
I can't think of anyone I know who wouldn't want to be part of the adventure.
The bigger barns may also make decent sponsors?

Let me know.
Ed

WHOOO HOOO HIP HIP HOOORAY. no offence to all the nice ppl i have met here but ed you are my favorite person i have spent hours trying to find you[and my way back to this web site] i went somwhere on here and it said i could add you as my friend so i did.i have read everything i could find and like something about most all the trailers here but the fiberstream just holds my eyes.ed i hope not to be a pest but where do i send questions to you.saw pics of your red trim jacked up model noticed all the new wires paint bolts wow.have you dedicated your life to preserving fiberstream or what..... you sir have a passion......now have i given you enough of a deservedly swollen head that you would consider sending me a few thousand pics of every stream you have ever seen.is there any place you ever wrote down every thought you had about fiberstreams.good bad or totaly random.do you have a blog? well shoot ed i have to go there are other ppl who sent me letters here and i have 2 boys coming soon they need to learn to build a rock sled.

Old 11-18-2009, 09:18 AM   #16

Quote:
My wifes brother in law raised and showed Belgians. At the larger Horse Shows he was classed with the professional brewery teams and usually came home with some top honours. Your Perch's won't have any trouble with just about any FG trailer. You may have to add a steel stone guard to protect the front though.
Check ahead as to wether or not the campgrounds will accept animals. A lot won't let you in with pets so a team of horses may be denied also.
What about feed and water. Are you going to haul it along or depend on foraging? Those four-footed engines have a powerful apetite when working.
You could give us a new topic of conversation ..."How many miles to the bale?"
oh no i calculate that they eat less than 3 country miles for evey mile of pull.hahaha lol
truly i will carry square bales but will forage heavely and probly pull with one while one grazes at least part of each day the grazer will just have to get his bites on the move which dosent seem to slow them down at all.

Old 11-18-2009, 09:56 AM   #17

Trailer: Cloud 13 ft and Compact Jr
Minnesota
I wonder if it would be easier or better to mount the fiberglass RV on a hay wagon rather than adding a steering front axel to the RV?
Old 11-18-2009, 10:19 AM   #18

Quote:
Have you considered a double draw single tongue yoke for your horses.

I calculate the sholder weight on each horse to be less than 150 pounds, based on an 8 foot single bar extension to a 17' Casita with a hitch weight of less than 500 pounds.

I am certain the two Percherons can pull the 3,000 pound tow weight without to much difficulty.
now see thats why i come here
my current wagon is an old airforce bomb wagon[poetic aint it from bombs to picnic and parade duty]
i can hitch tandem, 1 in front of the other single, [my favorite] or double hitch.
or pull 1 bolt and slide in a 2 in ball coupler
shoulder weight will be very low as i will have wheels in front google up pioneer forecart.
my daughter and i both love the casita [meg especially] but they may have a problem i cant over come that large beautiful bathroom in front. i plan on being able to drive from inside the trailer at least part time.
the last thing i want is to be sick or hurt in 33 degree rain in front of a trailer tire.although my horse would prob just stop and look at me if i did fall off.he has done this many times under saddle.
and once pulled a skid stop on pavement to keep from running over 3 kids who looked both ways before stepping in front of a wagon and freight weighing in at at least 5000 lbs GOOD PUPPY BAD HUMAN!!!!!
good ideas all keep em coming guys
Old 11-18-2009, 11:08 AM   #19

Name: Ed
Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2002 Casita Freedom Deluxe,The driveway is a Dark & Lonely Place now!
Missouri
Quote:
WHOOO HOOO HIP HIP HOOORAY. no offence to all the nice ppl i have met here but ed you are my favorite person i have spent hours trying to find you[and my way back to this web site] i went somwhere on here and it said i could add you as my friend so i did.i have read everything i could find and like something about most all the trailers here but the fiberstream just holds my eyes.ed i hope not to be a pest but where do i send questions to you.saw pics of your red trim jacked up model noticed all the new wires paint bolts wow.have you dedicated your life to preserving fiberstream or what..... you sir have a passion......now have i given you enough of a deservedly swollen head that you would consider sending me a few thousand pics of every stream you have ever seen.is there any place you ever wrote down every thought you had about fiberstreams.good bad or totaly random.do you have a blog? well shoot ed i have to go there are other ppl who sent me letters here and i have 2 boys coming soon they need to learn to build a rock sled.

Calm down there Jim!

I think you have me confused with Fred maybe? He has the jacked up Fiberstream with the red stripe but he is in California not Missouri.

I am in St.Louis and my Fiberstream is a little newer than his and not as well tended to.

They are different than all other rigs here for sure and feel roomier inside and have tandem axles with leaf springs and not the single torsion axle that is common here.

Like I said you are welcome to give it a look.

I will PM you and we can go from there.

Ed
Old 11-18-2009, 11:29 AM   #20

Quote:
I wonder if it would be easier or better to mount the fiberglass RV on a hay wagon rather than adding a steering front axel to the RV?
this an idea that i have considered and i think im not after i did my homework on this heres why.
1 fair condition used 700.00
2 no brakes
3 HEAVY HEAVY HEAVY
4 lots of underneath room which im not sure i need. if i take my chickens i will only take a few 10-15
[thats 3 eggs on the worst day possible]
although 10 chickens 2 milk goats 2 pyrenees and 2 percherons would give me a true gypsy air.that i would love and it would certainly decrease my need for walmart.
but then i would have to paint everything bright RED, LIME GREEN, and dont forget YELLOW.
i dont think im quite ready for that
but i do have to admit a perverse part of me would laugh every mile
thank you for the post
and google up [pioneer forecart] they make life easy IF you are rich
Old 11-18-2009, 11:42 AM   #21

Name: Pat
Trailer: U-Haul CT13 ('Pearl')
SW Ohio
The 5th wheel model would let you drive under an overhang.... Maybe you could mod one to add a cab area to the front. Most wagons set up so much higher than the eggs. Maybe you need the double trailer model. One to live in and one flatbed for hay. Just add a hitch to the back for a small hay/feed wagon.
Old 11-18-2009, 11:43 AM   #22

Trailer: Cloud 13 ft and Compact Jr
Minnesota
pioneer forcart: yeah that would be nice. I didn't even look at the prices.
Old 11-18-2009, 12:02 PM   #23

Quote:
Calm down there Jim!

I think you have me confused with Fred maybe? He has the jacked up Fiberstream with the red stripe but he is in California not Missouri.

I am in St.Louis and my Fiberstream is a little newer than his and not as well tended to.

They are different than all other rigs here for sure and feel roomier inside and have tandem axles with leaf springs and not the single torsion axle that is common here.

Ed
ummmmm.CONFUSED????no prob im used to that.do you mean to say ther is more than one fiberstream fellow on here!!!! wow stunned silence.i live in greenfield mo i love this little town but in 3 min you can get an opinon pole of the whole town we have 0 stoplights 9 churches and 2 bars.any idea how long a conversation lasts unless its about cattle or grass seed.we all go to the same resturant every sunday.the cook gets paid extra to burn ever few meals so we can have a conversation so your letter was meant to calm me down.ha ha ha ha .
i think i like this new fancy computer thing.mama said calif was a lie to sucker ppl into spending money.
so i would much rather talk to some one in saint louis HEY ED what is a PM.st louis i think i been there aint that the place where they got a shiney toll bridge that dont cross the river.
do i get pics?
does this trailer not fit your needs?????
Old 11-18-2009, 12:31 PM   #24

Quote:
The 5th wheel model would let you drive under an overhang.... Maybe you could mod one to add a cab area to the front. Most wagons set up so much higher than the eggs. Maybe you need the double trailer model. One to live in and one flatbed for hay. Just add a hitch to the back for a small hay/feed wagon.
now there is a new idea a fith wheel would give cover and as far as a cart when the big rig is parked.the front axle will only be hooked up to the trailer ball so it will swivel amd pivit it will be easy to uncouple and ride to town i will only take 4- 6 bales so that might fit under overhang w me. i went and looked at scamp 19
any other sugestions?
Old 11-18-2009, 12:49 PM   #25

Quote:
pioneer forcart: yeah that would be nice. I didn't even look at the prices.
yes they are worth ever penny if you have that many penneys.
i am a very lucky man one of my best friends is a professional welder. i traded him a horse for a small simple cart.
so he took the horse,and then built a small independant coil spring a frame suspension that will adjust to fit a percheron or a tiny little mini horse with a custom oak slat bench seat that has lumbar support and 600 lbs carrying capacity.talk about sweeeet ride oh yea it fits behind my lawn mower too.what a guy he loves that horse.and hasent touched a drop of booze or weed in years.
anyway my other friend will give me a truck axle he said pick the one i want and its mine.
he is good horse ppl too.this will allow me to use a alternator for small electric needs while moving.
so if i put both friends together i will prob end up making a pioneer look bad.

KEEP THE GOOD IDEAS COMING THANKYOU JIM
Old 11-18-2009, 01:27 PM   #26

Quote:
Calm down there Jim!

Ed
ok i figured it out this place has mesages like yahoo.
now if i just figure out how to use it
hey Ed does fiberstream have a fiberglass bottem on the outside or plywood?
Old 11-19-2009, 06:30 AM   #27

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2003 Casita 16' SD
Michigan
Registry
Get a Gypsy caravan and be done with it. They look like Fiberstreams and they're made for horses. Sheesh.
Gypsy Caravan
Old 11-19-2009, 07:18 AM   #28

Name: Bruce T
Trailer: Compact jr
Indiana
Registry
use one horse.....ride it, or walk beside it ........bring along a tent and supplies.

I'm also wondering what you plan to do when you come upon a highway? You cant go around can you?