Horse trailer cover for 13' Scamp? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-22-2005, 01:51 PM   #1

Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
I'm on a roll. Forgot to ask about some kind of cover for my Scamp. I remember reading on the forum about some people opting for a horsey cover that looked like it worked excellent for my 13' Scamp, plus it had a zippered opening. Something was said about where to get it and be sure and NOT mention that it was for a camp trailer. Anyone remember the company and the details? I don't think it was a Calmark Cover.

thanks in advance - again!
-Tom
TomN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 03:46 PM   #2

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
Shhhhhhh!

http://www.beverlybay.com/equestrian.htm

Old 11-22-2005, 10:49 PM   #3

Trailer: 1982 Scamp 13 ft
We got a horse trailer cover from Beverly Bay for our 13' Scamp & it works pretty well. The only problem is that the cover is a little too tall, so we have to tuck the excess under the camper. The length & width are a pretty good fit. We got the smallest horse trailer cover they offer & it's long enough to even cover the tongue. The zipper opening for the door is right where we need it. It looks like we have a big grey elephant in the driveway!
Sandra Lair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 12:53 PM   #4

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
That's good to know Sandra. I haven't bought one yet but will after I get my trailer painted.
Old 11-23-2005, 01:01 PM   #5

Trailer: Fiber Stream 16 ft 1982
Send a message via Yahoo to Benita
Beverly Bay, the horse trailer cover people, are owned by the same people who own Adco, the RV cover people. They have a non-cmpete agreement in place regarding selling their horse trailer covers to RV owners. They will refer you to Adco if they know that you want to use the cover for a people trailer. The prices for the horse trailer covers are lower than the prices for the RV covers. I'm not sure there is much difference in the covers aside from which shop ships them out to you.
Benita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:37 PM   #6

Name: Ashley
Trailer: 1986 Uhaul CT
Utah
Question about this (since the last posts were in 2005). Does the 8'-10' cover work for the 13' trailers? Sandra Lair said they got the smallest one available and I'm wondering if they've gotten smaller sizes available since then, or if they really purchased the 8-10' cover for a 13' trailer.

Also, is there a better price/quality option that anyone has found since this?

Thanks!
Tuanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:30 PM   #7

Name: jen
Trailer: 1980 13 ft. burro
Pennsylvania
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuanis View Post
Question about this (since the last posts were in 2005). Does the 8'-10' cover work for the 13' trailers? Sandra Lair said they got the smallest one available and I'm wondering if they've gotten smaller sizes available since then, or if they really purchased the 8-10' cover for a 13' trailer.

Also, is there a better price/quality option that anyone has found since this?

Thanks!
I got one of Adco's horse trailer covers for my Burro which lives outdoors most of the time. I wish I remembered the size, but I think I got the second size up from the smallest. In retrospect, I could have gotten the smallest one. It fits pretty generously, let's just say. But it's holding up pretty well, having so far stayed put through two hurricanes that came to visit us in Philadelphia.
jen b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:17 PM   #8

Name: Linda
Trailer: '77 Scamp
California
Registry
It looks like the horse trailer covers are more than the ones Ebay has for travel trailers. The deluxe cover specifically for the Scamp 13 is $120. It fits well and I'm happy with it. Its well made. They have a cheaper one for $70. Both are plus $20/$18 shipping respectively.
Deluxe Scamp 13' Travel Trailer camper Cover w Zipper Door Access | eBay
Otters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:25 PM   #9

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otters View Post
It looks like the horse trailer covers are more than the ones Ebay has for travel trailers. The deluxe cover specifically for the Scamp 13 is $120. It fits well and I'm happy with it. Its well made. They have a cheaper one for $70. Both are plus $20/$18 shipping respectively.
Deluxe Scamp 13' Travel Trailer camper Cover w Zipper Door Access | eBay
Yea, I's think that the horse trailer cover would fit like a bad suit.

Tags
scamp