How do I Clean Flue of Dometic RM211? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-28-2017, 07:24 PM   #1

Trailer: Trillium 4500
How do I Clean Flue of Dometic RM211?

Hello FGRV world

I am having a problem with my fridge. It cool great when hooked up to electricity however when I switch to propane the freezer seems to work but the fridge section doesn't. After doing some research is appears I need to clean everything. I have cleaned the jet and I'm still getting the same result. I now want to clean the flue. I am wondering do I need to remove the fridge from the camper to clean the flue? And if not, do I go up from the bottom? My understanding is that there is a "baffle" that is inside the flue. Any help would be greatly appreciated I am heading off on a 5 week trip where I will be off the grid and I would love to have the fridge working properly.
Cheers
Chris
Chris, J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 03:24 AM   #2

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris, J View Post
Hello FGRV world

I am having a problem with my fridge. It cool great when hooked up to electricity however when I switch to propane the freezer seems to work but the fridge section doesn't. After doing some research is appears I need to clean everything. I have cleaned the jet and I'm still getting the same result. I now want to clean the flue. I am wondering do I need to remove the fridge from the camper to clean the flue? And if not, do I go up from the bottom? My understanding is that there is a "baffle" that is inside the flue. Any help would be greatly appreciated I am heading off on a 5 week trip where I will be off the grid and I would love to have the fridge working properly.
Cheers
Chris
That's interesting Chris because the cold for the bottom comes from the freezer. Same as home units except for some high end units like Subzero that have separate cooling sources. Being it is cooling somewhat on LP it's cleaning or....possibly the regulator at the tank. You don't have to remove the fridge for any cleaning. Any of the cleaning should be done from the outside access panels. Your baffle/flue are removable from there. A site search will bring that up for you. Others will chime in soon to get you fixed up.
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 08:11 AM   #3

Trailer: 13 ft Boler
Registry
My fridge works great on ELE and the back of the fridge gets hot on propane but the inside doesn't get cold so I'll be following along here too.
Fred
FRED SMAILES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 08:43 AM   #4

Name: Greg
Trailer: 2008 Casita 17' SD
Washington
Registry
Click link and scroll down to Post #3.

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...tor-79740.html
Casita Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 10:53 AM   #5

Name: Mike
Trailer: Bigfoot
Alberta
sounds like a dirty burner see this all the time just use comprest air and blow it out and your cooling fins .if this stuf is dirty it just is not cool lol.
MAP 56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 07:03 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borrego Dave View Post
That's interesting Chris because the cold for the bottom comes from the freezer. Same as home units except for some high end units like Subzero that have separate cooling sources. Being it is cooling somewhat on LP it's cleaning or....possibly the regulator at the tank. You don't have to remove the fridge for any cleaning. Any of the cleaning should be done from the outside access panels. Your baffle/flue are removable from there. A site search will bring that up for you. Others will chime in soon to get you fixed up.
Thanks for your help Dave glad to hear I don't need to remove the fridge.
Old 05-29-2017, 07:06 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casita Greg View Post
Click link and scroll down to Post #3.

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...tor-79740.html
Thanks for your help looks like I'm going to remove and clean everything. Cheers
Old 05-29-2017, 11:40 PM   #8

Name: Steve
Trailer: Scamp 13
California
Did you take off the end of the burner cover with the slots in it? Thats where my spider troubles usually reside. Take off that cover and clean inside and what looks like the back of the jet. If that doesn't get it then you may wan't to rig a mannometer to check gas pressure.
stevebaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 06:58 PM   #9

Here's an update on my progress. I successfully removed the gas pipe and was able to lossen the thermocouple. I'm having problems removing the screw that holds the burner. I'm afraid it's rusted on. Wish me luck
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20170530_205202343.jpg   IMG_20170530_204015995.jpg  

Old 05-30-2017, 07:53 PM   #10

Name: Z
Trailer: Sasquatch
Montana
Your fridge might be different, but I had to remove my fridge to clean the chimney.

I ran a shotgun cleaning bristle/brush through it.

An improperly cooling fridge can be a combination of a lot of small things...
ZachO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 04:25 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachO View Post
Your fridge might be different, but I had to remove my fridge to clean the chimney.

I ran a shotgun cleaning bristle/brush through it.

An improperly cooling fridge can be a combination of a lot of small things...
Success. I basically took all of the advice from this forum, with a little advice from other online forums and my fridge is now back in action. Here's what I did.

1. Disconnected and cleaned using alcohol and compressed air
Burner, jet

2. Removed the fridge and cleaned the flu using 12 gage shot gun brush (thanks Zach)

3. Turned the fridge upside down for 24 hours.

4. Cleaned the entire fridge with compressed air.

Thanks very much for your help everyone.
Chris

Sent from my MotoG3 using Fiberglass RV mobile app