How level is level? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-10-2014, 06:35 AM   #21

Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
All of the above answers were totally on the level.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 07:06 AM   #22

Name: Ted
Trailer: (Dark side)Crossroads Now
Glade Valley, North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I'm with Carol. I place a bullseye level on the floor of the refrigerator and level to that. Easy peasy with a BAL leveler! When the refrigerator is happy, I'm happy.
Purchased my new BAL leveler; so now I'm set for my camping trip at the end of April.
Old 04-10-2014, 01:31 PM   #23

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Miller View Post

I "Super Level" my trailers refrigerator one time with a bulls eye level, then I attach outside levels, center front and directly over the axle center, indicating "0" tilt and use those for all future leveling. The 40+ y.o. Dometic in my Hunter still works great on both 120 VAC as well as LP.
This tip would definitely make setting up easier and being calibrated when refrigerator is super level would give you the easiest route to the best outcome. Save some trips in and out of the camper that's for sure.
RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 09:45 AM   #24

Trailer: Casita Patriot
Registry
because there's not a lot that's "square/plumb" in a casita i've a test that works for me. if the bathroom door and the fridge door will stay wherever you open them to...it's level. i've used a sharpie to mark that position on the 2 levels that came on the trailer (neither of which is centered). gets me very close every time.

p@
patrick crawford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 11:06 AM   #25

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
Factory Levels

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick crawford View Post
because there's not a lot that's "square/plumb" in a casita i've a test that works for me. if the bathroom door and the fridge door will stay wherever you open them to...it's level. i've used a sharpie to mark that position on the 2 levels that came on the trailer (neither of which is centered). gets me very close every time.

p@
I leveled my Casita using the factory installed levels . The refrigerator and trailer were way out of level . I then placed a 6 Ft. level on the belly band and leveled the trailer , refrigerator was now really close to dead center level, l then installed 2 new exterior levels . There was almost a half a bubble difference between the factory levels and the ones I installed.
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 03:24 AM   #26

Name: Conrad
Trailer: Bigfoot 3000 & Barth "slide-in" truck camper
Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Miller View Post

BTW: I tried the square bubble type one time, didn't like them at all. LOL

Those are for square bubbles.
Night Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 02:49 PM   #27

Name: Mike
Trailer: Scamp 13
Arizona
Cam A, I can't speak to your refrigerator question. What I can say is if you're concerned about level (personally, I'm quite anal about it), you can't spend better money for a single-axle accoutrement than this: Amazon.com: BAL R.V. Products Group 28050 Light Trailer Tire Leveler: Sports & Outdoors
morz4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 02:51 PM   #28

Name: Mike
Trailer: Scamp 13
Arizona
Oops ... I see Donna D already made the same recommendation. I should point out that I learned about the BAL Leveler (and many other things) on this forum. I also learned that a pizza delivery bag is perfect for storing and transporting the leveler.
morz4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 04:21 PM   #29

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
and if you wish to purchase one, I have one with the pizza bag- $50, p/m if interested
Old 05-27-2014, 06:58 PM   #30
Commercial Member

Name: Charlie Y
Trailer: Escape 21 - Felicity
Oregon
I place a wine glass on top of the fridge as a level. Lubrication helps the leveling process...

Charlie Y

Don't drill holes, try custom storage you design: https://RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote