How to remove Boler small windows? - Fiberglass RV

Old 12-04-2008, 12:14 AM   #1
Name: Rachel
Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
Hi folks,

I'd like to know if any of you have tips/techniques for removing the small, horizontal Hehr brand aluminum jalousie windows that are often found in the door or over the stove on Bolers (and Scamps). I searched here but wasn't able to find anything.

(I did, however, find a video showing how to remove the larger jalousie windows from the sides of the dinette area of a Boler -- very helpful.)

I can see that it probably involves drilling out rivets, but I'm wondering if some if them just stay part of the window and aren't involved in removing the window. I guess I'd just like to hear from others who've done it before I start in with the power tools

The windows I'm speaking of are like the one in the door of this Boler (Side note: Santa, one yellow Boler please; I've been good!)

Click image for larger version

Name:	105821330_3683800c5c.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	122.6 KB
ID:	17057

Raya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 07:36 AM   #2
Trailer: Two 13 ft Bolers and one 17 ft Boler
Drill out the rivets and they will come out easily.

kevin61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 08:20 AM   #3
Name: Alfred
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2010 Nissan Frontier
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: Raya... I had the window in question out of our Boler. Ist let me say that the gaskets/parts for this rebuild of the window are avail from Vintage Trailer Supply. If you send me a personal message with your email add. I will send as much info directly to you along with photo's that I took of the R&R of the window
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 09:42 AM   #4
Name: Rachel
Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)

I figured I'd need to drill out rivets, but it looked like some of them might (only) be attaching parts of the window to other parts of the window and not to the trailer, so I thought I'd check first.

Alf, PM on the way, thanks.

I'll post back here once I figure it out so that it's searchable in future.

Raya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 04:41 PM   #5
Name: Clive
Trailer: Boler American #3104
If you carefully drill the rivets out from the outside, you should get all of the rivets that hold the window to the body.

Depending on your Boler, there may be a small metal trim around the windows on the inside that is riveted from the inside that masks the back of the rivets that hold the window in.

So just drill them out carefully so as not to damage any trim that may be there. Or just take that off too and replace later.
CliveAlive is offline   Reply With Quote

boler, windows