Hunter Compact II Owners - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 10-09-2007, 10:37 PM   #15

Name: Tom
Trailer: 1980 Bigfoot 17 ft
Texas
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Tom Trostel Send a message via MSN to Tom Trostel
Dorothy,
My Compact Jr. does not have flanges on the axle. They could be welded on, but the best option would be to replace the axle.
Tom Trostel

Old 10-10-2007, 09:18 AM   #16

Name: Darrel
Trailer: 73 13 ft Hunter Compact II
Nevada
Hello I have a Compact II which I am documenting my frameless restoration on another post. My completed interior removal has revealed some interesting features similar to others observations. The furniture definately holds up the roof which is a little heavier than a standard egg because of the pop up mechanism. The light does go through the uncovered walls within and without. I am having a good time with my resto. I am taking it slow and keeping it as simple as possible. I have not put brakes on my trailer yet but I did replace the axle which has the mounting flanges for brakes already on it so it will be just an add on. My current weight seems to be about 500 pounds so brakes are not a major concern yet, but will get official weight when finished. I have installed the wireing so it is ready for a future install.

PS Nice to have a thread for the compact group. Count me in.

Old 12-11-2007, 02:34 PM   #17

Trailer: Compact Jr
Quote:
Just wondering if anyone else has one? I guess there getting pretty scarce, weve had this one for over twenty years.
I have one for sale
Old 12-15-2007, 01:52 AM   #18

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
i have a 1975 compact ii with original brakes.
Old 12-15-2007, 08:39 AM   #19

Name: Joe
Trailer: Hunter Industries
California
Send a message via AIM to Joseph Domingos Send a message via Yahoo to Joseph Domingos
Any pics of your rig to share with us Joey? Im a very visual person, pics help...hehe
Old 03-11-2008, 08:47 PM   #20

Trailer: Hunter Compact ll
Yaaaaaahoooooo!! I just became a Hunter Compact ll owner, and dont have a clue what I just bought!!! Its actually just what I was looking for, and then some. Im going to tow it with my 76 Scout Traveler that Im currently restoring, and I cannot wait. Its mostly camping ready, I paid 1500.00 for it. Im going to paint it to match the Scout ( Glow Orange w/olive trim). Same folks had it since the 80's, he passed on. So she decided to let it go. Any information you other Compact ll owners want to send my way, Id love it. Are there any get togethers? Mitch Johnson
Old 03-11-2008, 08:55 PM   #21

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Congrats Mitch sounds like quite a find!

I'll answer the events/gathering question. There are two currently scheduled in Oregon:
Northern Oregon Gathering - Spring Event

and

the big Oregon Gathering going on in July: Oregon Gathering

be sure to check out the Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets Subforums for all the other gathering information

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 09:00 PM   #22

Trailer: Hunter Compact ll
Thanks Donna, I'm glad to be in the club!
Old 02-10-2009, 08:51 PM   #23

Trailer: 1973 Hunter I
I'm confused. I have a 73 Hunter I. Some of these pictures you guys have of the Compact are the exact same trailer. The only identifier on my trailer is a decal that says it is a Hunter I, and the plate says it was built by Hunter Industries in Chatsworth CA. Can anyone give me more info? Please email me at stevenocolburn[at]yahoo.com. I would love to learn more. This is the first site I have found on the internet that has anything about them!
Old 02-10-2009, 09:49 PM   #24

Name: Tom
Trailer: 1980 Bigfoot 17 ft
Texas
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Tom Trostel Send a message via MSN to Tom Trostel
Steven,

Welcome to the best website for fiberglass trailers.

Hunter made two trailers. The first was labeled "Compact Jr." and no other names. The second was labeled "Compact II" and some were labeled "Hunter II". Both II's seem to be the same trailer and nobody seems to know why Hunter used two names.

Tom Trostel

http://s293.photobucket.com/albums/mm41/to...mview=slideshow
Old 02-13-2009, 01:54 PM   #25

Name: LINDA
Trailer: Hunter 1 / Jeep Liberty
California
Registry
Steve welcome,

Yeah! another cracked egg. Mine is also a Hunter I. Hunter Industries was the parent company. The Compact Jrs have the longer pop top that runs the length of the trailer and are molded together two sides with the belly seam running verical along the trailer (), where as the Hunter Is and Compact II are seamed horizonally top to bottom, around the middle and have a smaller pop top, just over the kitchen areas. Most of them came in colors, mine is red, but I have seen green and white. There are other brands out there that look like us like Campster & others.
Use the search to find many of us.

Send us pictures please.

Thanks, Linda
Old 02-14-2009, 10:08 PM   #26

Trailer: 1973 Compact II
Quote:
I'm confused. I have a 73 Hunter I. Some of these pictures you guys have of the Compact are the exact same trailer. The only identifier on my trailer is a decal that says it is a Hunter I, and the plate says it was built by Hunter Industries in Chatsworth CA. Can anyone give me more info? Please email me at stevenocolburn[at]yahoo.com. I would love to learn more. This is the first site I have found on the internet that has anything about them!

Hi Steven, at end of Jan '09 got my 73 Hunter Compact II which I earlier said is like a time capsule - all original and in really good shape. Mine has the furnace at floor level and I'm interested in taking it out. Does yours have furnace or something else under the cook top? A/C? If so, where is it? Need to put one in mine.

There's been inquiries made to the town where Hunters were made and no one seems to know what happened to the company. The town official kept asking others and no info. Someone has to know.

Used mine with my dog and very comfortable for sleeping and great to have a closet where can put porta potty. This trailer so tiny it does get messy really fast - will have to practice putting things away as I use them. :) I'm still no good at backing it up so is sitting in my front yard and yard full of water and mud right now so no using the trailer until everything dries and can get car back to it.

Have fun. Pat
Old 02-21-2009, 12:42 PM   #27

Trailer: 1973 Compact II
Quote:
Steven,

Welcome to the best website for fiberglass trailers.

Hunter made two trailers. The first was labeled "Compact Jr." and no other names. The second was labeled "Compact II" and some were labeled "Hunter II". Both II's seem to be the same trailer and nobody seems to know why Hunter used two names.

Tom Trostel

http://s293.photobucket.com/albums/mm41/to...mview=slideshow
Hi Tom - you seem to be the "go to" person for Compact II's. Has anyone installed an outside light by the door? Mine is 73 Hunter Compact II. A light would be good. Thanks, Pat
Old 02-21-2009, 01:04 PM   #28

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Quote:
Hi Tom - you seem to be the "go to" person for Compact II's. Has anyone installed an outside light by the door? Mine is 73 Hunter Compact II. A light would be good. Thanks, Pat
I'm not Tom, and I'm not peterh, but he's posted some great info here: 3-way Porch Light. I'd think most of the info would apply to any brand of molded lightweight fiberglass trailer.

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote