I'm new and not sure where to start!! - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 04-19-2012, 06:35 PM   #15
Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Hi Shelly to FiberglassRV. Cool you posted pictures and what a nice looking little trailer you have. Others have already posted good ideas, I'll just say... make a ton of memories in your Surf Side and enjoy every moment of your travels.

Donna D.
Ten Forward - 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Double Yolk - 1988 16' Scamp Deluxe
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 07:25 PM   #16
Name: Byron
Trailer: 2006 Scamp 13' towed with a 2005 Dodge Dakota 4.7l Magnum W/full tow package (over kill)
Originally Posted by sherad View Post
I just purchased a 1975 Triple E Surfside, TM10 front kitchen. It looks like it's in pretty good shape but I haven't really had a chance to get in all the nooks and crannys and check it out. I purchased it at a auction in a brutal April blizzard.

Currently it's at my parents farm as I don't have anywhere to store it in the city. I'm just looking for some tips on where to start, what to look for etc. When I go out next weekend to do some work on it, I plan on giving it a good cleaning, checking the electrical and propane lines but beyond that I'm not sure where to begin.

I do already have a few questions just from reading the forums. What is Ensolite? Is there insulation in these little campers? Do people always have issues with condensation at night or is it just certain temperatures? (This never crossed my mind). Where do people buy replacement parts? Are they fairly easy to subsitute (i.e. boler parts can go on a surfside?).

I'd greatly appreciate whatever advice and help others could give me! Thanks in advance!
Spend that week-end in the trailer. You'll soon figure out what, if anything, needs to be done. Or even what you might want to do.
I really think it's a good idea to spend some time in the trailer before mods. Check out the systems and enjoy a week end camping out at your parents place. Fix your meals in the trailer and sleep in the trailer as would if it was in some remote campground.

Byron & Anne enjoying the everyday Saturday thing.
Byron Kinnaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 08:58 PM   #17
Commercial Member
Name: Deb & Chuck
Trailer: Bigfoot,Trillum, Boler
Originally Posted by Marinab View Post
Congrats Shelly on your purchase of a Surfside. I have the one with the side kitchen and love mine. You can check out any leaks in your propane by mixing liquid soap and water in a spray bottle, turning on your propane and spraying all your fittings and hoses. If you get bubbles, you have a leak. Just make sure the bubbles you see are actual leaks and not foam from the bottle. I painted the ensolite in my trailer to brighten it up. I also painted the wood paneling. If you want to know what else I have done to mine, just let me know. Marina
If your propane hoses are weather cracked you should replace them. Like Dave said tires,brakes and bearings are important.

Deb & Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote