Instructions for new Boler owners? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-19-2009, 12:26 PM   #1

Trailer: 1977 Boler (Orange Sunrise 'Clementine')
Registry
In a day or two (however long it takes to hitch it up and drive it back), we will be in possession of our new little orange Boler. Thank you to everyone who has helped me along the way! I have learned so much here.

There is very little that needs to be done to the trailer and no rush to do anything since it is now winter. Eventually, I'd like to look into shining the exterior, switching over to some LED lights, and maybe even adding a solar panel. Apparently the door lock doesn't work, so I'd like to get that repaired or replaced. But right now, I think it is completely usable and comfortable and cute.

But, is there a thread on this forum or some sort of document that has information for the complete trailer newbie? My dear spouse will be getting a brief primer from the seller, but we are going to need to learn basic things like how to operate all the systems, the ins and outs of charging the battery and operating the electrical items, things we need to know about moving and storing it, and whatever else I'm not thinking of.

Any pointers for things I can read would be sooooo great.

Thanks!
Amy M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 01:12 PM   #2

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
Amy,

I don't know of any one thread, but the things you are asking are a lot of what this board is about. I would use the search function as you think of questions, because I bet you will be able to dig up some great information that people have taken the time to post about over the years. I sometimes just page back through "care and feeding" for this very reason.

Of course if there is something specific that you can't find by searching, post a new topic

Also, there are many specific appliance owners' (instruction) manuals in the Document Center, to the left.

Raya

PS: I can't wait to see more of Clementine

PPS: You ask specifically about new Boler owners, but many of the appliances, towing considerations, etc. are common to all (or many) of our different trailer brands, so don't limit yourself to Boler stuff only, in my opinion.
Raya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 02:23 PM   #3

Trailer: 1977 Boler (Orange Sunrise 'Clementine')
Registry
Thanks, Raya. (By the way, nice ray. My son's name is Ray.)

I will do some searching. This board is so chock full of info, that I sometimes get overwhelmed by the millions of threads I get when I search and I have trouble finding the exact info I need.
Amy M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 03:04 PM   #4

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
Hi Amy,

Even though I like to think I'm really good at searching, I have trouble using the search engine here. What I do is use Google to search this site; maybe it would work for you too.

For example, if I wanted to search for threads about Boler jalousie windows, I would type the following into the Google search box (with this exact spacing and punctuation):

boler jalousie window site:fiberglassrv.com

Of course you can change the terms to suit your desires - just leave the "site:fiberglassrv.com" the same (no quotes though; I'm just delineating it for you).

Raya
Raya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 05:42 PM   #5

Trailer: Tent
Raya thanks for the Google search tip, I did not know you could limit to a specific site. Even at my age, I learn something new every day.

Mike

Tags
boler