After endless tire-kicking we picked up a 1976 1300, bright lemon yellow. She is a beauty with, we are told, an axle
in immaculate condition. Phew.
We have jumped into our own renos, mostly cosmetic as we've lucked into a working stove and fridge
, and no mold (yay!).
Our inaugural query: what kind of storage systems do folks use under their dinette seats? Any and all suggestions welcome.
- replace water tank
- update converter from 10 to 30 amp.
- replace interior lights
- install LED interior lights
(over dinette, maybe over back bench)
- seam repair (3M primer on seams; apply tape. Fingers crossed this works. If not we will DAP and paint)
- insert new FANtastic Fan
- to floor or not to floor? (Nice cheap stuff out there, ie HDepot's Allure line, some damaged click flooring at IKEA)
- cleaning, cleaning and (sigh) more cleaning
- replace cupboard doors and hardware (cutting plywood, sanding, sealing; spray paint
matte silver latches etc)
stove and hood (High Heat Tremclad)
- redo curtains (coolest owl fabric ever. If that is possible)