ISO happy Bigfoot 17-ish owner near DC - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-27-2009, 11:39 AM   #1

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft
So I have been lurking here for a few months & drooling over the cool eggs you all have. But I still haven't been able to see one in the flesh so to speak.

I have tentatively concluded that a Bigfoot 17-footer would be about right for us -- ideally one built after 2000, and with the 4-season option (thermal pane windows & heated enclosed holding tanks). But that's based on pictures, descriptions, and the like. Since most of the ones for sale are pretty far away, it would be good to be able to confirm that what I have in mind would work for us (and to show the family what I am considering).

Are you a Bigfoot owner near Washington, DC (or Harrisonburg, VA) who would be willing to show us your trailer and give us your experience of the pros and cons of owning one? We would come bearing gifts (beer, wine, snacks -- tell me what you like). And it doesn't have to be a post-2000 model -- just something to give us an idea of what the bigfoots are like, and what that size would feel like.

You should be able to send me an email through by clicking on my name and viewing my profile. Or send a PM, as I check the board frequently. No hurry, we aren't necessarily planning to buy one soone -- still in looking and planning mode. But this would be a big help, if anyone is willing.

Thanks,
Tom
Tom Byron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 07:49 AM   #2

Trailer: Bigfoot
Tom
I sent an email through the site--don't know if you got it. We live in Leesburg and have 25' Bigfoot rear queen that we'd love to show off. Contact me through ragove[at]verizon.net to work out details.

Ron Gove
R&SGove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 05:13 PM   #3

Quote:
Tom
I sent an email through the site--don't know if you got it. We live in Leesburg and have 25' Bigfoot rear queen that we'd love to show off. Contact me through ragove[at]verizon.net to work out details.

Ron Gove

Thanks, Ron! I was holding out hope there might be 17-footer nearby, but we would love to see your beauty as well -- I'll send an email.

Tom
Old 11-06-2009, 06:07 PM   #4

Trailer: Bigfoot
Quote:
Thanks, Ron! I was holding out hope there might be 17-footer nearby, but we would love to see your beauty as well -- I'll send an email.

Tom
Once you see a 25' you won't accept anything less!
R&SGove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 02:25 PM   #5

OK, after jonesing for a Bigfoot, we have decided instead on a 2003 Scamp 16 deluxe that is FS nearby. Thanks to Ron and those who offered their thoughts. We are excited about joining the egg-crowd, and looking forward to some late fall camping after thanksgiving.

Tags
bigfoot